PDA

View Full Version : Leupold Vx Freedom?

Fella
01-07-2019, 10:51 AM
I’ve been shopping for a scope for a new to me rifle, I noticed no one is selling the VX2 anymore but there’s a new “VX Freedom” that is being advertised. Anyone know anything about this scope? Is it comparable to the VX2 or is it more of a “budget” scope comparable to the vx1?

todbartell
01-07-2019, 11:05 AM
I put one on a Tikka last year and did a little shooting with it, pretty decent scope for the $. Leupold blended the Vx1 and Vx2 into one model, the Freedom (yeehaw Murica) to compete with Vortex, Nikon and Bushnell

Rieber
01-07-2019, 11:07 AM
Check the turret adjustments if they are 1/4 or 1/2 MOA. I recently picked up the Rifleman when it was on sale at Cabela's and it's a 1/2 MOA adjustment. Rifleman and Freedom are at the lower end of the Leupold line but lifetime warranty. VX1 and VX-2 equivalents and that's plenty good for my skill level. Plus you feel better about owning a Leupold even if it is their lower end and some claim the quality not as good as they once were. New glass is always good.

todbartell
01-07-2019, 11:17 AM
They're 1/4moa, and the rifleman is too. Just a friction adjustment

Fella
01-07-2019, 11:25 AM
They're 1/4moa, and the rifleman is too. Just a friction adjustment
In your opinion then is it on par with say the Diamondback?

todbartell
01-07-2019, 11:29 AM
I'd take a Crossfire over a Diamondback (Dbk has brutal eye relief). The recently discontinued Diamondback HP was better than a Vx2, although it is heavier optic. Vortex likely to come out with a new scope later this month to fill the void of the Dbk HP.

Fella
01-07-2019, 11:32 AM
I'd take a Crossfire over a Diamondback (Dbk has brutal eye relief). The recently discontinued Diamondback HP was better than a Vx2, although it is heavier optic. Vortex likely to come out with a new scope later this month to fill the void of the Dbk HP.

Interesting, I was always under the impression that the crossfires were vortex’s bottom of the barrel scopes

todbartell
01-07-2019, 11:52 AM
They are, but I'd take one over a Diamondback if its being mounted on anything bigger than a 243.