PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmmmm 2019..

srupp
01-06-2019, 08:15 PM
Happy new year..its time to start planning YOUR 2019 dream trips..saw 11 cali rams yesterday south along the Fraser river..havnt seen calies in that area for over 5 years.
For those trying to contact me..I have lots of messenger contacts etc which I cant access..if I havnt returned your messages thats one of the reasons.
Good luck planning.
Cheers
Srupp

HarryToolips
01-06-2019, 09:30 PM
Happy new year Steven....should be a decent year for the ungulates here in region 8 I'm guessing, as our winter has been very mild down here in the south....a lot of my holiday time this year will be taken up with a brothers wedding so, I'm going to have to hunt local mostly which I look forward to hitting the spots I know well...

browningboy
01-06-2019, 10:03 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... good luck to you Steven.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

butcher
01-06-2019, 10:05 PM
Still haven’t heard all the adventures from ‘18........

HighCountryBC
01-06-2019, 10:44 PM
Still haven’t heard all the adventures from ‘18........

Surprised? There's always something..

butcher
01-06-2019, 10:49 PM

No, just a little disappointed. My season is always so dull compared to others. Looking forward to photos more than stories. I like to see the trophies.

ducktoller
01-06-2019, 11:53 PM
Limited time and funds due to a practicum right in hunting season and a very expensive wedding to attend.

Going to be stuck with mostly local blacktail day trips and maybe one or two days for region 3 any buck.

Should have 3 or 4 days in a row to cruise for bear in may with a cheap camp.

Only gonna put in for does in my area and one nearby goat draw for early September. Not gonna put in for other stuff I wont be able to put the time in to.

srupp
01-07-2019, 07:41 AM

So pleased YOUR life is good, no problems to take prescedence..no illness..injuries..
I was trying to help where when I could ...

Its easy to just take cheap shots when you dont have what others are going through........

HighCountryBC
01-07-2019, 08:26 AM
So pleased YOUR life is good, no problems to take prescedence..no illness..injuries..
I was trying to help where when I could ...

Its easy to just take cheap shots when you dont have what others are going through........

Relax Sruppster. Always with the dramatics. You've posted on here everyday for the last few weeks. Reminds me of one of your sheep threads from years back.

Hope you get well.

srupp
01-07-2019, 05:37 PM
Hmm.. no use...

caddisguy
01-07-2019, 05:52 PM
I probably won't get out much for spring bear. My wife is going to be super busy with work and some courses she is taking and practicum too I believe. Still hoping I can get her out at least for one trip and get my brother out for another trip. Maybe I'll take an HBC greenhorn out for first crack at a new spot I found. That would be best case scenario. I don't plan on actually pulling a trigger this year. If I do, it's either with a bow, or rifle on one specific bear that I'd throw lead at any given opportunity.

I doubt fall GOS will be any different, except I am going to make every effort possible to save all my time off so I can do more hunting than working during GOS and maybe, just maybe, fulfill my dream of taking a mature blacktail from the pocket that I have been trying to learn for years.

What are you thinking about for 2019 srupp? I bet you are thinking about hitting the lakes just as much as bears for the spring... as am I.. what about the fall?

Hunterguy
01-07-2019, 05:58 PM
I have been away and might have missed Stevens story of his Alberta deer hunt, hopefully there was a successful harvest.

huntcoop
01-07-2019, 11:01 PM
I have been away and might have missed Stevens story of his Alberta deer hunt, hopefully there was a successful harvest.

Hmmmmm, no story.

Jelvis
01-08-2019, 08:37 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Hahahahahaha

Jel - Stone - Steven - 2019 - hbc - - - >

REMINGTON JIM
01-08-2019, 09:03 AM

Didn't Happen ! as Srupp would say NO PIC's ! :smile: RJ

albravo2
01-08-2019, 10:20 AM
Srupp has probably been too busy helping other hunters plan their hunts to share his own.

Or, he might have his reasons for not sharing.

Definitely one of the most helpful guys on HBC and a wealth of knowledge.

Bugle M In
01-08-2019, 10:44 AM
Yup, things do move "slower" when you deal with pain/illness, that's for sure and I understand that part completely.
Seems like you still do your best to get around and help others.
Take care Steve, have a good 2019 and look forward to your posts whether it's one of your outings or just helping
others.
Keep it up, Cheers BMI

Piperdown
01-08-2019, 02:23 PM
^^^^^ what he said

rocksteady
01-08-2019, 02:33 PM
The story I am sure will be a good one. All in due time...

Just like a good wine or a marinated roast, it takes time before its ready ...

Patiently waiting Srupp, post it when you are ready

Wild one
01-08-2019, 03:19 PM
Srupp has probably been too busy helping other hunters plan their hunts to share his own.

Or, he might have his reasons for not sharing.

Definitely one of the most helpful guys on HBC and a wealth of knowledge.

I have to agree ^^

Happy holidays Steve I say post about your Alberta hunt in the summer that way it gets guys motivated for opening day lol