PDA

View Full Version : BC Residential Credential

tigrr
01-05-2019, 07:30 AM
Every three years your B.C. resident credential will expire in the electronic hunting system. Having an expired B.C. resident credential makes you ineligible to apply for and be issued Licenses, permits and authorization available to residents only until you renew your credential.
So if you wait to buy your licence and put in for draws before finding this out, you are not eligible to win any draws. They still take your money.
It says on your profile online what your status is. Same place you enter for LEH draws. Scan 2 pieces of picture ID and send it in and wait for the update.

hunter1947
01-05-2019, 07:55 AM
I got the reminder in the mail with my game questions there is more things a persons got to do to keep on top of the law :cry:..

Jagermeister
01-05-2019, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the reminder.
Certainly seems to be a way to reduce the number of hunters

IronNoggin
01-05-2019, 12:53 PM
Simply more Big Brother Bullshit. Brought to you by the laziest government you could imagine.
It is damned easy to tie the FWID program in with Driver's License data bases, and none of this crap would be required.
Nope, simply have to toss more administrative barriers our way just cause they can. Idjuts.

... Scan 2 pieces of picture ID and send it in and wait for the update.

Mine was set to expire last month. No notice was given whatsoever, and if I had not read it on here, I would not have know it had expired. Complete load of horse-pucky if you ask me.

Only need to scan your Driver's License and send that in.
Did so, was approved within minutes, but still an annoyance and not all of that over the way they sneak this one in...

Nog

Foxton Gundogs
01-05-2019, 01:06 PM
Mine is set for this coming Nov. Seriously in today's age of computers how hard would it be to link BCDL, BCID, BCMed and hunting and fishing licenses together so they all expire on your Birthday every 5 yrs.

Stroodle
01-05-2019, 02:05 PM
I don't know where my head was at - just thought I was immune I guess. Saw the notice with the questionnaire and blew it off, read it on here and blew it off but just checked and I was expired. Poorly executed for sure - easy check and highly recommend everyone does check it, but what total BS (as everyone else has already said). While writing this, I decided to email in and complain (offer suggestions on improvement :) ) and my email was kicked back indicating an error occurred - you just can't win can you?

hawk-i
01-05-2019, 02:11 PM
More f**king BS from some stupid civil servant....f'em, time to start identifying as a keeper of the land! :)

Stroodle
01-05-2019, 02:16 PM
HOLY FAK!!!!! I just tried again because I'm pissed about this and BAM, email kicked back again. FAK! So I try once more, spending a bit more time getting the wording just right and closed the page by accident. FFAAAKKK! If I wasn't stuck at work, I'd go look for a coyote and do some BLASTING!!! I even consider myself somewhat techy - LAME.

Gateholio
01-05-2019, 02:35 PM
Government integration this stuff should be simple, but it took decades to get your CareCard linked to your BCDL.

Still, reaffirming residency is a good thing in my opinion. There have been many stories on here about foreigners that own houses in BC hunting as residents, this may help weed them out.

elknut
01-05-2019, 02:49 PM
I think its a simple Privacy issue ...You have to consent for one govt dept to cross reference to another for your info..This Privacy right is a two headed coin..Its protects you and it costs our system money ...due to inefficiencies...Guess we can't have our cake and eat it too....Dennis

Vortex hunter
01-05-2019, 03:38 PM
there was a post about this awhile ago on here updating it was simple and easy took pic of drivers licence and day later it was updated..vortex

Gun Dog
01-05-2019, 05:09 PM
Government integration this stuff should be simple, but it took decades to get your CareCard linked to your BCDL.

Still, reaffirming residency is a good thing in my opinion. There have been many stories on here about foreigners that own houses in BC hunting as residents, this may help weed them out.Mine's not because I have an enhanced DL. The back side of the DL can be a passport or care card but not both.

Right now I have an Enhanced DL, CareCard, passport, PAL, hunter number, hunting license and pleasure craft operator card. Plus a bunch of online accounts to access various Federal and Provincial services.

As an aside -- when I took my [90 year old] mom to get her BCID she couldn't combine her CareCard because it never had her full name on it. More paperwork to do a name correction. At least it didn't need to be notarized. It did add a few months to getting a new BCID.

Jagermeister
01-05-2019, 05:18 PM
I guess I'm in the expired boat with a few others. Don't have not FWID card.
FWID = Fish and Wildlife Identification
And get this, you still need your ANGLER NUMBER to purchase a fishing licence.
I think the FWID should be changed immediately to the IIWID card. Whatz dat ya sae.?
IIWID = Idiot Imposed Wildlife IDentification card.
And while I am on a rant, how about the statement, "First Nations hunters need a FWID if they wish to apply for limited entry hunting." There must have been a daisy chain in the Wildlife Ministry office that day to come up with that absurd (preposterous, ridiculous, ludicrous, farcical, laughable, risible, idiotic, stupid, foolish, silly, inane, imbecilic, insane, harebrained, cockamamie) notion.
Hey stupid! What Indian is going to apply for a FWID for LEH when they have UEH (Unlimited Entry Hunt)?
I have to stop here for a while, don't want to get banned.

bcshadow
01-05-2019, 05:37 PM
I received a form letter late yesterday stating that all BC hunters have to prove current residency in BC to be able to purchase licences, tags etc.
Coincidentally, before I received the letter, in the morning I tried to buy a cougar tag at Italian Sporting Goods and my hunter number was declared invalid on the bc gov site when they entered it, because I now have to prove residency. Staff called their government contact while I was there and were told I would have to visit a service bc office to present my current BC id, driving licence, care card etc, so my id can be reactivated in the system. Residency information can be updated on the bc government hunting site, you have to upload a copy of a provincial id. Then you have to wait a few days for it to be approved!

So spread news of the change, so no-one has the shock of being refused access to buy a tag, especially with bear season around the corner.

Neither Italian Sporting Goods (whose staff spent fifteen minutes trying to get clarification .... thank you) or another store I spoke to today, had any idea this was happening. Wonderful, stores provide this as a service to customers, making it easier for many, and the government does not inform them.

hawk-i
01-05-2019, 05:40 PM
So WHO is responsible for this crap?

REMINGTON JIM
01-05-2019, 06:12 PM
I went in the other day to Front Counter BC and said i want to buy a Lynx and a Bobcat Tag - all She wanted was my BC drivers licence and she updated me for a couple years too ! Paid my 16 $ and headed out the door in 15 mins or less ! WAS Easy Peezy ! :smile: RJ

northof49
01-05-2019, 06:25 PM
I have no issue with this. IMO the proof of residency should be yearly instead of every 3yrs.....for obvious reasons. The 5 mins it takes is no big deal at all considering the reason for it.

2chodi
01-05-2019, 06:30 PM
This is off-topic a bit: When I renewed my Canadian Passport in a passport office last year the federal agent asked if I had my BC Services Card combined with my Driver's Licence. When I said yes, the agent said "not a good idea." The reason he gave was that the BC Services Card is another piece of ID with your photo and address on it. He said leave the services card at home when you are out of the country and if you lose or have your passport and driver's licence stolen, then the BC Services Card can expedite getting a new passport should someone be able to get it to a passport office for you.

When I got the combined driver's licence and service card I asked if they can be separated in the future — the answer was yes, but I have not done it yet.

srupp
01-05-2019, 09:28 PM
Hmmm somehow the computer wouldnt allow me to update..5 minute drive to govt agent..5 minutes later done..printed reciept..
Good to go.
Irornnoggin. .Matt your phone is not working buddy..wanted to share all the cali sheep I seen today south of Williams lake..lol
Cheers
Srupp

hunter1947
01-06-2019, 09:49 AM
I scanned my drivers L went in to my account got to the area where it says choose a file clicked onto the file my driver L hit upload wont upload what the secret to uploading your drivers L ??
Simply more Big Brother Bullshit. Brought to you by the laziest government you could imagine.
It is damned easy to tie the FWID program in with Driver's License data bases, and none of this crap would be required.
Nope, simply have to toss more administrative barriers our way just cause they can. Idjuts.

Mine was set to expire last month. No notice was given whatsoever, and if I had not read it on here, I would not have know it had expired. Complete load of horse-pucky if you ask me.

Only need to scan your Driver's License and send that in.
Did so, was approved within minutes, but still an annoyance and not all of that over the way they sneak this one in...

NogI scanned my drivers L went in to my account got to the area where it says choose a file clicked onto the file my driver L hit upload wont upload what the secret to uploading your drivers L ??

IronNoggin
01-06-2019, 12:18 PM
...Irornnoggin. .Matt your phone is not working buddy..wanted to share all the cali sheep I seen today south of Williams lake..lol

LOL! You undoubtedly got the number wrong again my Friend! :lol:
I will call you early this afternoon...

Cheers,
Nog

303savage
01-06-2019, 12:38 PM
What is this? Never heard of it. BC Residential Credential

Gun Dog
01-06-2019, 12:44 PM
I scanned my drivers L went in to my account got to the area where it says choose a file clicked onto the file my driver L hit upload wont upload what the secret to uploading your drivers L ??I scanned my drivers L went in to my account got to the area where it says choose a file clicked onto the file my driver L hit upload wont upload what the secret to uploading your drivers L ??There is a maximum file size. I used a photo editing program to crop the image to just the DL. Then it should upload.

Jagermeister
01-07-2019, 12:02 AM
Well, blow me down. I do have a FWID! I vaguely remembered a BCeID and after much here and there got to log in and found that it was created in April, 2016. I will have to renew later this year.
When one question is answered, another question pops up.

trebreklaw
01-10-2019, 05:12 PM
I sent them an e-mail and the reply was the BCiID does not expire but I need to change my password every 2 years..WTF

Gunner Staal
01-11-2019, 02:56 PM
Thanks for this! I was expired!

J_T
01-11-2019, 03:47 PM
First world problems eh. This isn't a big deal, doesn't take a lot of effort. Residency confirmation is the right thing to do. And it doesn't take much effort.

Not really much of an inconvenience. But, I do understand we panic and get upset at things we don't understand. We need someone to blame for our fear.

warnniklz
01-11-2019, 03:50 PM
Hmmm somehow the computer wouldnt allow me to update..5 minute drive to govt agent..5 minutes later done..printed reciept..
Good to go.
Irornnoggin. .Matt your phone is not working buddy..wanted to share all the cali sheep I seen today south of Williams lake..lol
Cheers
Srupp

Stop by RTP, place and order, government building, out, back to RTP to pick up pizza, done

MOWITCH SLAYER
01-11-2019, 05:53 PM
I buy my license and tags as well as my l.e.h at the access center . any renewals they can deal with . I gave up trying to do it on line

RackStar
01-11-2019, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the thread tigr

mine expired this spring. Deff saved me a headache.

Took me 2 minuites online and 3 days to approve

Steelpulse
01-12-2019, 05:15 AM
I’m pretty sure all I register here is better LEH odds so ya no problem spending 2 min for me. Helloooo sheep/elk/moose tags may as well throw in island bear and a turkey

hunter1947
01-12-2019, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the thread tigr

mine expired this spring. Deff saved me a headache.

Took me 2 minuites online and 3 days to approve

I don't like the cropping thing for your drivers L makes for a bullshit time trying to do this if you never have tried to crop your licence tell me how the hell do you do it ??? bunch of bull :mad:

I resized my drivers licence from large to small many different sizes and still wont take it on the upload online :mad:.

01-12-2019, 08:49 AM
[QUOTE=northof49;2063586]I have no issue with this. IMO the proof of residency should be yearly instead of every 3yrs.....for obvious reasons. The 5 mins it takes is no big deal at all considering the reason for it

Proof of residency is great, but considering all one must do is submit a photo of thier valid drivers license, I’m not sure why individuals have to do it, when it would be way more efficient and produce far fewer headaches and surprises for resident hunters if BCID and BC drivers licenses were simply automatically cross referenced

antlerking
01-12-2019, 09:16 PM
How does having a BC drivers license that needs to be renewed every 5 years proves that you still live in BC ?

hunter1947
01-14-2019, 07:09 AM
a member sent me a privet message said he would crop my drivers license he crop my license and set it back to me still does not work

I am had enough of this bull trying to get my drivers licence to upload I will go to service BC and get them to do it

bigredchev
05-02-2019, 02:30 PM
Bump.

Guess who is sitting in a line up in maple ridge service BC with a hoard if refugees because he didn't know this?

Awesome

Iron Glove
05-02-2019, 03:22 PM
Went on line Sunday for a Hunting Lisc Renewal, said I needed to present "credentials", scanned Drivers Lisc and sent, next day accepted and all is good.

DeepJeep
05-02-2019, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the reminder. Mines expiring this Sept 2019.

DeepJeep
05-02-2019, 03:43 PM
Bump.

Guess who is sitting in a line up in maple ridge service BC with a hoard if refugees because he didn't know this?

Awesome

Hey bigredchev, I just finished the process online. Took a few clicks and done. Takes upto 3 business days. Fairly easy process

DeepJeep
05-02-2019, 03:52 PM
Well that was fast. Just got an email saying to check my fwid online as some changes has been made. Logged in and my residency had been updated.

Wild one
05-02-2019, 03:53 PM
I just went to service BC but I am in a small town so there is never a line up lol

Nechako Outdoors
05-02-2019, 03:59 PM
We get to break the news daily to customers that their residency has expired.

https://media.giphy.com/media/wVcNP3TnXbl84/giphy.gif

BeerMan
05-02-2019, 05:43 PM
You are the master of the GIF:mrgreen:

Huevos
05-02-2019, 07:12 PM
If your FWID is expired, you don't have the option of putting in for LEH online. The govt doesn't take your money unless you renew. It took me 2 minutes, including the time it took to take a photo of my license and two days for approval. All in all, not hard at all. And a great idea to check residency. Good luck everybody on your draws, and bears.

BCLongshot
05-02-2019, 07:23 PM
It’s really easy and no boogy men are in the closet...the new electronic system will and is excellent...

kind of like when toilet paper was invented...tp is definitely better then leaves or your finger :)

dbergen69
05-05-2019, 07:08 PM
This is a good thing. Should stop people that have moved out of BC from hunting as residents. I think we have Clayton Stoner to thank for this. Probably some others that were not as high profile.

Mulehahn
08-25-2019, 03:53 PM
Just a bump to remind people in case they have not updated their residency. I was picking up some range ammo and saw another customer be informed his residency was expired. I know mine expired after the LEH Deadline so it is easy to forget. If you get it in today you should still be able to purchase your tags by opening.

Downtown
08-25-2019, 05:01 PM
I guess I'm in the expired boat with a few others. Don't have not FWID card.
FWID = Fish and Wildlife Identification
And get this, you still need your ANGLER NUMBER to purchase a fishing licence.
I think the FWID should be changed immediately to the IIWID card. Whatz dat ya sae.?
IIWID = Idiot Imposed Wildlife IDentification card.
And while I am on a rant, how about the statement, "First Nations hunters need a FWID if they wish to apply for limited entry hunting." There must have been a daisy chain in the Wildlife Ministry office that day to come up with that absurd (preposterous, ridiculous, ludicrous, farcical, laughable, risible, idiotic, stupid, foolish, silly, inane, imbecilic, insane, harebrained, cockamamie) notion.
Hey stupid! What Indian is going to apply for a FWID for LEH when they have UEH (Unlimited Entry Hunt)?
I have to stop here for a while, don't want to get banned.

Nice Rant. Just remember whenever somebody from Goverment says its easy, It usually gets complicated.

Cheers

Iron Sighted
08-25-2019, 07:30 PM
Man, I wish I'd seen this thread before I drove an hour plus to attempt to buy my license and tags at Corlanes in Dawson Creek yesterday. Best of all, being a Saturday of course there was no gov't office open to verify my B.C. residency at........:x:x

I was mad that I forgot to put in for my LEH before, but I guess it's for the best as I would have just been donating money it seems without having verified my residency.

I like the intent behind this, just wish the implementation was carried out a bit better. Lol, bit of a side topic but what is the benefit of being able to have an E-license when you still need to have hard copies of the species tags?

Jagermeister
08-25-2019, 09:56 PM
Hey bigredchev, I just finished the process online. Took a few clicks and done. Takes upto 3 business days. Fairly easy process
where do you find the link to update?Never mind, I found it.