PDA

View Full Version : Drew a nice Moose Tag...but screwed up.

Robert_G
09-13-2007, 04:08 PM
I have drawn a nice moose tag for the rut in 6-4.
I have spent the summer reseaching a nice area, looking over Topo, finding major game routes, etc, etc.

Here is the problem. I was planning on hunting Nadina Lake, and earlier this morning, I realized that the 6-9 line actually runs further east then I thought...and Nadina Lake and surrounding area is in 6-9, not 6-4.

Here is it a couple of weeks before I leave for this hunt, and I have no idea where to start relooking to hunt. Nadina Lake was the only area I'd kind of got myself familiar with.
If anyone out there is familiar with moose hunting 6-4, I would be greatful for even a general area or a PM if neccessary.
Any help is much apprieciated.

youngbuck
09-13-2007, 04:16 PM
This actually brings to light that fact the regulation maps are horrible.
You'd think they could produce maps with greater detail.
A couple of years ago I had a moose draw in region 5-??.
The region was broken up for the LEH.
Now, I'm pretty good with a map but I had a heck of a time translating the boundaries onto my backroads map.

partsman
09-13-2007, 04:24 PM
We used to take the Francois lake ferry and then drive to Cheslatta Lake, took two bulls out of there fairly quickly, so I liked the area had good luck with grouse too and fishing for one of our group was real good.
The land was flooded when they built the Alcan Dam I believe.
But it was a good area for us and we had a boat so looked up and down the lake also.
but got both moose not far from camp.

ursus
09-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Takasie Mountain, south of the ferry.:wink:

30-06
09-13-2007, 05:04 PM
the day before opening day 2 years ago not even a kilometer from camp. we seena Big Bull walking on a hillside with a cow. wish it was the next day we seen him . seen lots of moose there. 6 moose just driving to camp . that was in 6-?

curt
09-13-2007, 08:10 PM
parrot lakes area used to be pretty nice country havent been up that way in some time but was lots of moose around

Will
09-13-2007, 08:10 PM
I have drawn a nice moose tag for the rut in 6-4.
Sorry Robert I can't help with specific spots but I can add my Bud's Bro lived in Burns Lake for a spell...we visited there and I can say a Bull is not too hard to find in that area.
Good Luck;-)

Robert_G
09-13-2007, 09:04 PM
I've been looking at some topo and other maps today. There is just so much area to choose from.
The Knapp Lake area looks interesting as there is some nice gradual funnel area.
Where to go...where to go....

moosinaround
09-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Anywhere on the south side is good hunting. The north Binta is good, dog creek fsr square lake fsr, knapp lake, takysie mtn road tatalrose fsr. All good areas for moose and deer hunting. Just get out and pound the ground out there. There is moose all over that country. Deer too, so go and get your feet dirty or your quad. Good luck Moosin.

smeegle
09-13-2007, 09:31 PM
where can we go to get the leh maps as i have an elk draw for powell river but me and my dad cant get ahold of a decent map for our region 12-b

mapguy
09-14-2007, 01:30 AM
nadina lake is a good area they will move as soon as the weather gets cold

StoneChaser
09-14-2007, 07:17 AM
I've been looking at some topo and other maps today. There is just so much area to choose from.
The Knapp Lake area looks interesting as there is some nice gradual funnel area.
Where to go...where to go....

Dude....you're overcomplicating things here, they're moose, not bighorn sheep.

Region 6-4 is huge, and moose are everywhere....simply drive out, find a moosie looking block/swamp, and shoot your bull!

Robert_G
09-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Dude....you're overcomplicating things here, they're moose, not bighorn sheep.

Region 6-4 is huge, and moose are everywhere....simply drive out, find a moosie looking block/swamp, and shoot your bull!

Here's to hoping its that simple.:smile: