PDA

View Full Version : BC Govt resource stewardship

boxhitch
12-30-2018, 06:22 AM
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/environment/natural-resource-stewardship/land-based-investment

Some of the existing activities and projects may have long-term strategies that identify priority work to be completed over a number of years. Projects should also meet the following government commitments:

Eliminate the backlog NSR (pre 1987) by 2015
Continue remediating priority fish passage crossings, as per ministerial response to Forest Practices Board Special Investigation Report 25
Plant at least 20 million trees annually for the next 15 years on MPB and wildfire impacted lands
Improving mid-term timber supplies through investments in incremental silviculture and tree improvement.
Improve provincial forest inventories consistent with the 10 year inventory strategic plan
Improve fish and wildlife inventories to ensure sustainable use of these resources
Prevent new and reduce existing invasive plant impacts on forest and range resources to levels that are environmentally and economically acceptable
Protect the British Columbia's international trade through the eradication of Gypsy Moth
2014/15-2016/17 Ministry Service Plan Performance Goals
Data Quality Standard must align to meet Performance Measure 4 in the 2014/15 Ministry Service Plan
Each investment category must consider how climate change has affected, or will affect, resource values and their associated goals, objectives and targets

kennyj
12-30-2018, 12:31 PM
Great info, lots of prime habitat in the next few years.
Thanks for the post.
kenny

IronNoggin
12-30-2018, 01:09 PM
I'll believe it when I see it...
And I ain't holding my breath btw.

Nog

elknut
12-30-2018, 01:21 PM
Don't know if I like the .....Prevent new and reduce existing invasive plant species...Don't like the glysophate spraying ..It kills the weeds and shrubs ungulates need ..A sterile evergreen forest is useless ...Dennis

boxhitch
12-30-2018, 09:59 PM
Best way to draw attention to something is to put a $value on it
The Stewardship plan has been in place for several years, would be interesting to see the next update, whether they are living up to their own expectations