PDA

View Full Version : Crossbow Reccomendations

Ruger.270
12-21-2018, 10:00 AM
Hi all,

I'm seriously considering wading (for the first time) into the world of archery by purchasing an Excalibur crossbow.

I'm fairly set on that brand due to the consistent excellent reviews, and great warranty. I've seen some impressive posts by a number of members over the years about this brand. They are also available at the Nanaimo Cabelas for me to get some hands on time with before I make any decisions, which I think is an important factor in any weapon purchase.

I've only tried compound bows a few times and didn't shoot very well at all. Part of that may have been using a bow that my hulk-Hogan like friend had set up at a very high draw weight. However, knowing I realistically simply do not have the apparently huge amount of time needed to practice the amount required to ethically hunt with a compound, is another reason I'm leaning towards the crossbow. I can probably make time to get out once a month to practice, which I've been told is probably enough for a crossbow if I get one this winter and get started right away to prepare for September 2019. Either way I am the type of hunter that wouldn't shoot at an animal until I'm 100% confident in what I'm doing. I probably went through $100 worth of ammo for my shotgun over a 2 year period before deciding on a buckshot load I was comfortable hunting with.

My primary target will be blacktail deer here on the Island, hunting out of a pop up ground blind or tree stand.

However, if it is possible to "do it all" with one crossbow, I'd like to potentially also be able to go after our local Elk as well, seeing as its basically impossible to draw a tag in the rifle zone. If it's not possible to do it all with one implement, then I'd focus on something perfect for blacktails.

My budget is about $1200 bucks give or take a little. I'm 6'1 and about 200 pounds in average shape as far as physical capacity goes (as I hear some of these things are real doozies to work) although hoping to get back to my usual this year with some serious gym time.

What would your expert suggestions be and why?

Many thanks and Merry Christmas!!

RAMIFICATION
12-21-2018, 10:18 AM
I own a Marrix 400. It’s fast, accurate and fun to shoot. Pretty hard pull to cock it and even harder pull to bolts with broadheads on them out of my block target.
Its bad news for black tails all right!

IronNoggin
12-21-2018, 11:30 AM
I personally believe the Matrix 380 is the best bow Excalibur has ever made.
Of course I am biased, as that is what I run with.

https://i.imgur.com/JEL1wdD.jpg

That said, I have previously owned a couple of their other products (ExoMax & Ibex), and shot several of the newer ones (Bulldog 400, Micro 355 etc).

The 380 for me is the perfect compromise between power, speed and accuracy.
It is not the wide footprint of their early bows, but quite slender in comparison.
And once tweaked, these are capable of absolutely amazing accuracy!
I commonly shoot smaller than 3 inch groups at 100 yards!!

I suggest that within your price point, and what you will be hunting (the 380 will easily take elk & moose) you can't go far wrong with a Matrix 380. They can be found from time to time on the Excalibur Forum, Archery Talk (Crossbow Section) and Gun Nutz. At this juncture, most are selling for much less than 1,000 clams.

On other fronts, Excalibur is launching a couple new bows this winter:

https://images2.imgbox.com/51/dd/40RvXuI2_o.jpg

https://images2.imgbox.com/55/45/tT5XFdCS_o.jpg

I do believe these will be a fair bit more in pricing than what you are currently suggesting though...

Regardless of which model you choose, I firmly believe you have chosen the best brand. Can't go wrong at all with an Excalibur bow IMHO.

Cheers & Best of Luck with your decision!
Nog

Piperdown
12-22-2018, 08:34 AM
Totally agree with Nog, hey Matt you can post up my moose that i got this season with the excalibur if you like :) If the pic is posted the shot was 52 yards, moose went 20 yards tipped over and was done in about 60 seconds :mrgreen:

Rhyno
12-22-2018, 09:54 AM
I have the 335 Micro and love it. Nice and small for carrying it through the bush, have killed 2 bull elk with it. I would not hesitate to recemmond to anyone.

IronNoggin
12-22-2018, 11:18 AM
Totally agree with Nog, hey Matt you can post up my moose that i got this season with the excalibur if you like :) If the pic is posted the shot was 52 yards, moose went 20 yards tipped over and was done in about 60 seconds :mrgreen:

I would if I could possibly remember where to find it??
Shoot me a reminder or two, and I'll get on it...

Cheers,
Nog - Sadly slipping from SomeTimers into MOST-Timers... :lol:

New Bow Hunter
12-22-2018, 02:52 PM
Just checked the Excalibur website below. They said it was discontinued in 2018, so if you want one, you better act soon.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/crossbows/matrix-380/

IronNoggin
12-23-2018, 07:09 PM

AWESOME SAUCE Buddy!!! https://www.tnof.ca/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/Pozitive.gif

https://i.imgur.com/8Cld5t4.jpg

Still need to dirt nap one of those with my bow.
You very much are an Inspiration!!
Merry Christmas my Friend!

Cheers,
Nog

Piperdown
12-23-2018, 08:39 PM
Lol thanks Matt but you are more the inspiration, thanks for all the help. Merry Christmas to you and yours and all the other fine folks on HBC!

steel_ram
12-24-2018, 12:01 PM
I enjoy my Micro 335. I think it's pretty good value when bought as a kit like the one offer at Cabela's right now. You pay a premium for more speed. The Micro does get some of it's velocity from shooting the short 16" Quill, but I believe it has plenty of energy to penetrate game at practical ranges. I was shooting mine with 125 gr. broadheads at a bail of hey. (16" deep). At 60 yards the quills with broadheads were stopping in the fletching. Any closer and they passed through.

Ruger.270
12-26-2018, 04:31 PM
Thanks for all the help so far. Currently debating between the bulldog 400 and micro 355. Tough to decide between the speed vs size tradeoffs.

Ruger.270
12-26-2018, 04:44 PM
I should add, I looked around but couldn't find the matrix 380 in any of my local stores or was going to go with that model per the recommendations.

IronNoggin
12-26-2018, 04:51 PM
I should add, I looked around but couldn't find the matrix 380 in any of my local stores or was going to go with that model per the recommendations.

As was previously noted, the Matrix 380 has been discontinued (this year) so will be a rare find in any store.
They do appear in the buy & sell sections of several forums from time to time.

That said, you will like either of the two options you noted methinks...

Cheers,
Nog

New Bow Hunter
12-26-2018, 09:49 PM
Check Amazon.ca!!

Ruger.270
12-28-2018, 06:12 PM
Ended up going with the Micro 355 as the size factor weighed heavily in favor of that model given that most of my hunting with be from smaller pop up blinds where space is a major factor.

What I almost could not believe was the unbelievable repeatable accuracy of the thing!

Now time to get practicing at longer distances and dialing in a few shots with broadheads on.

Thanks to everyone for their help!

IronNoggin
12-29-2018, 10:48 AM
Ended up going with the Micro 355 as the size factor weighed heavily in favor of that model given that most of my hunting with be from smaller pop up blinds where space is a major factor.

What I almost could not believe was the unbelievable repeatable accuracy of the thing!

Nice bow!
I am certain it will be everything you are looking for.
Accuracy is one of the things these bows REALLY Shine at!
Don't shoot at the same spot twice!

Welcome to your new Addiction! :twisted:

Cheers,
Nog

Westcoastgunner
12-29-2018, 01:19 PM
Matrix 380 would be my recomondation!! Shot a few excaliburs and I like the 380 the most!

tyreguy
01-02-2019, 12:32 PM
There's a 380 for sale in the buy/sell section from member xtrail you might want to look at......... posted yesterday.

i bought one of the last Matrix 380's from Cabelas last year and it was $1200 by the time i left the store

IronNoggin
01-02-2019, 12:51 PM
There's a 380 for sale in the buy/sell section from member xtrail you might want to look at......... posted yesterday.

i bought one of the last Matrix 380's from Cabelas last year and it was $1200 by the time i left the store

The deal listed by xtrail is a very good one.
I would snap it up if I was looking alright.
It won't last long at that price point.
And they simply are not making any more...

You can do a LOT in terms of customizing these bows. The initial price has always been around that $1200.00 mark, but it can go well up from there if you're the perfection kind of guy. I wanted mine to shoot 3" or less groups at 100 yards every single time. It does. But I have over $2K invested in it, accessories & arrows at this point. For me, well worth it. For most others, that $ 800.00 xtrail is offering will be all you need to run what I consider Excalibur's Very Best Bow. ;)

Cheers,
Nog

tyreguy
01-02-2019, 02:57 PM
Yup, haven't even shot mine yet just tweeking it waiting for my Boo string before i go to town with a Crossfield scope. I bought it last year because they stopped making the 380 and i wanted one.
If i was looking - i'd be all over this one.

The deal listed by xtrail is a very good one.
I would snap it up if I was looking alright.
It won't last long at that price point.
And they simply are not making any more...

You can do a LOT in terms of customizing these bows. The initial price has always been around that $1200.00 mark, but it can go well up from there if you're the perfection kind of guy. I wanted mine to shoot 3" or less groups at 100 yards every single time. It does. But I have over $2K invested in it, accessories & arrows at this point. For me, well worth it. For most others, that $ 800.00 xtrail is offering will be all you need to run what I consider Excalibur's Very Best Bow. ;)

Cheers,
Nog

Jagermeister
01-02-2019, 03:59 PM
Had the dude posted his 380 a week ago, I would have bought it. A few days ago, 30th, I bought a new 355 on line for $996.44 to my door.
I weighed in the factors that Ruger.270 posted above, "Ended up going with the Micro 355 as the size factor weighed heavily in favor of that model given that most of my hunting with be from smaller pop up blinds where space is a major factor. " Also, with a 10" power stroke the cocking effort should be a more manageable effort. The reason that I bypassed on the 400.
Although the speed of the 355 is a little lower, I think the biggest negating factor is the shorter bolts necessitating heavier broadheads. But in turn, that may be a bonus in kinetic energy for better penetration.

tyreguy
01-02-2019, 04:36 PM
You still have a winner with the Micro 355- congrats on the new bow. I hunted with my old Exocet 330 which has plenty of jam - end of the day its whats right for you.
I heard nothing but great reviews of the 380 which is why i went that route for my next bow.

Had the dude posted his 380 a week ago, I would have bought it. A few days ago, 30th, I bought a new 355 on line for $996.44 to my door.
I weighed in the factors that Ruger.270 posted above, "Ended up going with the Micro 355 as the size factor weighed heavily in favor of that model given that most of my hunting with be from smaller pop up blinds where space is a major factor. " Also, with a 10" power stroke the cocking effort should be a more manageable effort. The reason that I bypassed on the 400.
Although the speed of the 355 is a little lower, I think the biggest negating factor is the shorter bolts necessitating heavier broadheads. But in turn, that may be a bonus in kinetic energy for better penetration.

Ruger.270
01-02-2019, 08:54 PM
What do people think about running the 16 inch illuminated quill arrows with 150 grain Excalibur bolt cutter broad heads on the 355?

Jagermeister
01-03-2019, 01:31 AM
What do people think about running the 16 inch illuminated quill arrows with 150 grain Excalibur bolt cutter broad heads on the 355?
Bear in mind that the minimum arrow weight for the Micro 355 is 350 grains all inclusive. Subtracting the 150 grain broadhead leaves a 200 grain requirement for arrow, vanes, nock and inserts. With a 16" bolt, you will need a approximate minimum 12.5 grains per inch of bolt.

steel_ram
01-04-2019, 08:28 AM
Bear in mind that the minimum arrow weight for the Micro 355 is 350 grains all inclusive. Subtracting the 150 grain broadhead leaves a 200 grain requirement for arrow, vanes, nock and inserts. With a 16" bolt, you will need a approximate minimum 12.5 grains per inch of bolt.

The 16" Excalibre Quills weigh 257 grains without a tip or lumanocks.

Ruger.270
01-04-2019, 09:51 AM
The 16" Excalibre Quills weigh 257 grains without a tip or lumanocks.

Yeah, this is what I thought, meaning I'd be weighing in a bit over 400 grains with a 150 grain broad-head and (maybe) luminocks. Wondering if from anyone's experience that is in the ballpark of the right bolt/broad-head weight range for the micro 355 in terms of achieving ideal accuracy before I go spend the money buying this stuff. Given that they provide 150 grain field points with the bow I'm assuming 150 grain broad-heads would be the "best bet" in terms of weight for hunting.

IronNoggin
01-04-2019, 12:12 PM
Can't really help with the 355 so much as I have never run one.
That said, a heck of a lot of the members on the Excalibur Forum have and do.
Good bunch over there, always willing to help:

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/

I have the same handle there, and there are a few of us from BC that wander around fairly regularly.
Likely worth your while to drop by, and ask your questions there.
I am certain you will get more than a few responses from folks In The Know... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog

Ruger.270
01-04-2019, 02:23 PM
Thanks Nog, I'll check that out and search the other forum, I would imagine others have asked a similar question.

ratherbefishin
01-07-2019, 08:34 AM
Whatever crossbow you decide on, get a range finder ,essential for anything over 30 yards

IronNoggin
01-07-2019, 11:28 AM
Whatever crossbow you decide on, get a range finder ,essential for anything over 30 yards

Yep - one of those Don't Leave Home Without It items for sure! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog

Ruger.270
01-07-2019, 12:32 PM
Yup, definitely have that covered with a beauty from Leupold which has already earned its keep in the rifle zone on some long shots. Incidentally I was already packing it in the shotgun zone as well to avoid any shots outside my effective range with buckshot, so will do the same with the crossbow. On trick which I use (which many of you probably already use too) when hunting from my blind was to pre-range notable objects around the blind so as to avoid having to range the deer itself when it actually steps out as they can sure move fast when hot on the tail of a doe.

Jagermeister
01-08-2019, 01:35 AM
Dam! My package arrives this afternoon and early this evening I start assembling it. All is going really well until I go to mount the scope. I separate the top rings from the bottom. Remove the scope and then fix the bottom rings to the rail, place the scope back in the lower ring cradles, position the top rings and start installing the screws. All the while being mindful to keep the gaps between the top and bottom rings even while bringing each screw a ¼ turn down in a crisscross fashion like I have so many times before when mounting scopes. Everything is going smoothly when all of a sudden one screw on the back rings looses it tightness. I stop and have a closer look and discover that the gap on the other side has increased to a far greater extent than the side that went slack. Closer look reveals that the screw is well past the flange bottom on the screw hole. Out comes the micrometer. The screw flange on three holes measures a thickness of .045 and the one that "collapsed" has a thickness of only .010. 25% of what it should be. I'll phone Excalibur in the morning to see how we can proceed.

snipersights
01-08-2019, 06:24 AM
If you need any more convincing on which bow to get go onto YouTube and look up elephant hunting with Excalibur crossbow. I’ve taken over a dozen blackbears with mine. I sold it to a friend of mine years ago who has used it for hunting everything on the island except for elk. I had the exo max and you could hit a grouse at 50 yards. The longest shot I ever took was 110 yards at a black bear which I hit in the eyeball. I had to do some math on the fly and use a measuring tape to make the shot but he dropped immediately. The bow is incredibly powerful and very accurate . My friend once hit a deer with a bad shot as it jumped just as he shot And the bolt went through both of the rear hip bones. They are insanely deadly.

IronNoggin
01-08-2019, 11:24 AM
... I'll phone Excalibur in the morning to see how we can proceed.

Unfortunate experience, but as with pretty well anything else, things can go awry.
Great thing about Excalibur is they stand firmly behind all their products, and offer The Best Warranty in the business.
Never had to use that myself, but have heard from a few that have over the years, and their service appears to be first rate.
I am certain they will rectify the matter very quickly for you.

Cheers,
Nog

Jagermeister
01-08-2019, 11:50 AM
Update:
Phoned Excalibur and talked to a lady in warranty. Told her my problem with the top ring. She said that there have been several instances with the 30mm rings doing the same thing that occurred with mine. She said, "No problem, I'll get a new set out to you today."
If there is a re-occurring problem, I think they should address it and find another source. Their web page states that the rings are a Weaver base type ring which tells me that they are not Weaver.
Also, I'm not particularly keen on 2 screws per ring and would prefer 4 screw type, but space on the scope may be the limiting factor.
I have a 4 screw set I can check the width on to see if a wider ring could be used. Can't use the ones I have as they are high mount. The lower Excalibur base height is .285 whereas Weaver lower base height is .288 but are 4 screw.
Oh well, l'm on hold for time being.

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
11-14-2019, 03:10 PM
I Have the Ex Matrix Bulldog 380 Its Crazy ! i love it .!

center color
11-19-2019, 11:38 PM
I took a beautiful buck this evening with my excal micro 335. Went exactly where I aimed. Retrieved the arrow/bolt, and the deer. 25yd, elevated shot, 13' high.

fuzzybiscuit
11-20-2019, 08:20 AM
I took a beautiful buck this evening with my excal micro 335. Went exactly where I aimed. Retrieved the arrow/bolt, and the deer. 25yd, elevated shot, 13' high.

Congrats. Any pictures?

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
12-13-2019, 06:06 PM
i went crossbow hunting today for the first time with my 380 , of course i shot the bag in the summer a bit . but its a whole different ball game in the field. Where i hunt , its hilly and thick and snow on the ground . needless to say i missed 3 does and lost 4 bolts .! i swear i took my time on the last 2 , that crossbow is fast ! you cant see the bolts . need some lumenok for sure ! and a angle finder RF.

12-13-2019, 06:18 PM
Well if you say you were sited in......... maybe you had DDDDoe FFFFever

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
12-13-2019, 06:31 PM
The first one was . lol. then i calmed down and took my time . its a new toy , going to take some time . but Hey thats the sport.

12-13-2019, 07:35 PM
Are you using a rangefinder. Or have you measured and marked your shooting lanes? Are you Shooting inside 40 or 30 yards perhaps or shorter with these misses for a newby and Xbows... if not you should be keeping shots close.

Sounds like you need more practice though.

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
12-13-2019, 08:10 PM
no i need to get one and Oh for sure . im going to shoot on my bag a bit tommorow . maybe my sights are out too. they were close shots shooting low ..

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
12-14-2019, 09:27 AM
So what would the best proven choice for bolt and broadhead and lumonok for the 380 matrix bulldog . and RF Anyone ?

huntinnewbie
12-14-2019, 09:32 AM
What about the proposed changes to our BC hunting regs. They are talking about not allowing scopes on crossbows during bow only season.

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
12-14-2019, 09:43 AM
let them talk .

huntinnewbie
12-14-2019, 09:45 AM
https://apps.nrs.gov.bc.ca/ahte/hunting?fbclid=IwAR3wYaLYoar6PFyKgnSNuzC_V2JuOhAck ZU27ImGb_fEDC3L00_rNXNZe9E

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
12-14-2019, 09:54 AM
i wouldnt worry about it so soon . course , who knows . day may come where we be using spears again !. lol.

huntinnewbie
12-14-2019, 10:35 AM
no, they are proposing a ban on that also,lol

Foxton Gundogs
12-14-2019, 12:29 PM
This is IMHO just another attack on hunting in general. I shoot an Xbow for 2 reasons. I can not draw a bow anymore and at 70 my eyes will not focus on the pin sights of a compound. At 60- yards I would be fine with a 1 power scope but I need a scope to aim PERIOD.

limit time
12-14-2019, 12:37 PM
Most new bows cant accommodate open sights .

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
12-14-2019, 02:04 PM
Most new bows cant accommodate open sights .

That and what would they like us to do with our scopes ! Throw them Away ! The entire crossbow sport would be stamped out .

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
12-14-2019, 02:07 PM
Do they think that having a scope is huge and unfair advantage ? its not easy . A crossbow is not a Rifle . from my recent experience , the compound bow has the advantage !

Foxton Gundogs
12-14-2019, 04:22 PM
Especially if you add one of these

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/4ml0gMqhVcg/maxresdefault.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4m l0gMqhVcg&psig=AOvVaw1incOW8VTtZP8TLZrvnsWg&ust=1576452128887000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCOCUo6qktuYCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD)

limit time
12-14-2019, 05:56 PM
Especially if you add one of these

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/4ml0gMqhVcg/maxresdefault.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4m l0gMqhVcg&psig=AOvVaw1incOW8VTtZP8TLZrvnsWg&ust=1576452128887000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCOCUo6qktuYCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD)

I looked at those today ! Pretty cool and hi tech.... needs to be banned...lol.

Wild one
12-14-2019, 06:16 PM
I think it’s a stupid proposal and would not support it.

But you guys saying it is the end to crossbows are funny as hell. I did hunt with a crossbow with pin sights for a few years it’s not that hard. I was accurate to 50yards 3inch groups no problem. This was with an old tenpoint so not near as advanced as the new ones

As for not being able to mount pin sights on the new crossbows is this true or have you not looked? Honest question because it’s been years since I owned a crossbow and my friends that use them have scopes

IronNoggin
12-15-2019, 11:21 AM
https://apps.nrs.gov.bc.ca/ahte/hunting?fbclid=IwAR3wYaLYoar6PFyKgnSNuzC_V2JuOhAck ZU27ImGb_fEDC3L00_rNXNZe9E

"A sub-committee of the Provincial Hunting and Trapping Advisory Team (PHTAT) with representatives from the B.C. Wildlife Federation, Guide Outfitters Association of B.C., B.C. Trappers Association, Wild Sheep Society, Wildlife Stewardship Council, and United Bowhunters of B.C., conducted a review of various hunting practices (methods, tools, and tactics), evaluated those practices against a set of criteria that reflect the principles of fair chase, and recommended management actions for specific hunting practices. These recommendations were accepted by PHTAT and were forwarded to the Province for consideration."

Lines are being drawn here, and it is becoming more than apparent who our elitist enemies are. :evil:

I will indeed be writing a few letters asap.

Pissed!
Nog

Surrey Boy
04-29-2020, 07:48 PM

Now time to get practicing at longer distances and dialing in a few shots with broadheads on.

Thanks to everyone for their help!

I'll be getting one or similar as soon as budget allows.

My Barnet Recruit is great for what it is, and I hope to train my daughter on it, but it really lacks the speed for long shots.

Ruger.270
05-02-2020, 12:43 PM
I ended up being very happy with the 355 but hunting from inside a pop up ground blind in the evening I find the scope it comes with isn’t the best for light gathering. In the last minutes of legal light it Cost me a buck I could see with my bare eyes but not well enough thru the scope to take an ethical shot last year. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a scope upgrade?

IronNoggin
05-03-2020, 02:08 PM
... Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a scope upgrade?

There are many aftermarket scopes for these bows.
How far are you seeking to shoot? Some only have reticles to 60 yards, some a 100.
How much coin are you willing to drop? There is a wide range...

Wondering...
Nog

roddem
06-29-2020, 03:58 PM
hello guys .
just wondering how will you prioritize my few concerns about xbow accuracy .
i've got Ravin 10
if i do shooting the same bolt every time i have that accuracy i happy with ( 2" on 80 yds )
if i shoot few arrows which are the same brand ,weight, broad head, nocks , vanes ..... the grouping definitely becoming wider ( up to 10" ) and i have to play with the scope
my bolts are in the soft case together with xbow
when you are screwing in broadhead (mechanical) should that blades be horizontal or vertical with bow string?
something else i should pay attention ?
or if its lifetime shot i just have to use that single one and will zero again another one next time ?
thanks
Rod

tyreguy
06-29-2020, 07:40 PM
Hijack of original thread - start another as there will be a few opinions and advice.

hello guys .
just wondering how will you prioritize my few concerns about xbow accuracy .
i've got Ravin 10
if i do shooting the same bolt every time i have that accuracy i happy with ( 2" on 80 yds )
if i shoot few arrows which are the same brand ,weight, broad head, nocks , vanes ..... the grouping definitely becoming wider ( up to 10" ) and i have to play with the scope
my bolts are in the soft case together with xbow
when you are screwing in broadhead (mechanical) should that blades be horizontal or vertical with bow string?
something else i should pay attention ?
or if its lifetime shot i just have to use that single one and will zero again another one next time ?
thanks
Rod

Harvest the Land
06-29-2020, 08:01 PM
I love my Micro Suppressor - its a tack driver and tough as nails. So that's the one I would recommend. Hopefully the new synopsis won't outlaw using scopes on them like they were considering in the winter

last light
06-29-2020, 10:08 PM
Matrix 380.

xfactor
06-30-2020, 07:26 AM
anyone want to part with their Matrix 380? looking for my 16 year old son. TIA

tyreguy
06-30-2020, 11:11 AM
I think “last light”had one for sale. Page 2 in for sale section

IronNoggin
06-30-2020, 12:32 PM

Pays to shop around.
Many of the crossbow forums will see the odd Matrix 380 hit their buy and sell listings.
I recently tagged one for a buddy. It was pretty much new, with some decent accessories.
Paid $ 700.00 all in which is a fair price for this discontinued bow.

Great choice. I run a 380 myself, and will never be parting with it.

Cheers,
Nog

338edgehunter
07-10-2020, 05:28 AM
i have a Excalibur bulldog 440 id be willing to part with currently set up with fmj 22" bolts with brass inserts its shooting a combined bolt and tip og 585 grains at 385 fps. I am a new member here so im not sure if i am allowed to sell items yet i just dont do much archery hunting and would like to see it go to a new home where some 1 will use it.

If interested pm me it comes with all the goodies even a hand crank 8-11 bolts a few grim reaper x bow broad heads ect.

Surrey Boy
07-23-2020, 08:48 PM
i have a Excalibur bulldog 440 id be willing to part with currently set up with fmj 22" bolts with brass inserts its shooting a combined bolt and tip og 585 grains at 385 fps. I am a new member here so im not sure if i am allowed to sell items yet i just dont do much archery hunting and would like to see it go to a new home where some 1 will use it.

If interested pm me it comes with all the goodies even a hand crank 8-11 bolts a few grim reaper x bow broad heads ect.

What do you find lacking about it?

338edgehunter
07-25-2020, 03:00 AM
There is absolutely nothing lacking about it it's actually one of the best crossbows have ever owned it's just that I don't really use it that much 95% of my hunting is done with a rifle so Basically that piece of equipment just sits in my basement collecting dust. For person who loves archery it among the best of the of what money can buy. From a rest i am able to keep my bolts in a 3 to 4" group out to 90-100 yards i still have the bow and all the goodies that came with it ,hand crank quiver ect for any one who may be interested.