PDA

View Full Version : National park "consultation page"

islandhunter
12-11-2018, 08:24 AM
As most of you know the government is pushing this National park through in the south Okanagan to the disgust of most local people. They have another bullshite survey

https://letstalksouthokanagansimilkameen.ca/Okanagan

When I try to register and fill it out, my Princeton postal code V0X1W0 is not recognized in Canada. What a coincidence...…..

Please try to take your time and complete this nonsense. :mad:

boxhitch
12-11-2018, 10:20 AM
First impressions are the best and hardest to rebut
first cut is the deepest
Lets get this going

Bugle M In
12-11-2018, 10:34 AM
Done.
Need to wait a little before you move your pointer away from the box where they ask for postal code as the search to find it,
best I could tell, as it was hard for me as well, but finally recognized it.

If its going to be a National Park, they need to remove the "Reserve" from the title to FN cant have a free for all for themselves and just more of a 2 tier system in BC.

Said to make it Provincial Park

Scotty76
12-11-2018, 10:51 AM
Submitted. Done. Everyone needs to jump on this.

Salty
12-11-2018, 11:09 AM
Done. My comments loose the whole National park idea BC has enough of them and they just deny access more than anything and come up with a bunch of unwanted rules. Make it a provincial park where access, hunting and fishing opportunities will be guaranteed.

islandhunter
12-11-2018, 06:36 PM
Right nextdoor, the snowy mountain protected area will not be developed and is usable for hunters and people who enjoy the outdoors. I believe they've removed this from the park proposal, but these "protected areas" are a much better solution. A national park helps no-one and will encourage development.

joshbazz
12-11-2018, 07:18 PM
As most of you know the government is pushing this National park through in the south Okanagan to the disgust of most local people. They have another bullshite survey

When I try to register and fill it out, my Princeton postal code V0X1W0 is not recognized in Canada. What a coincidence...…..

Make sure to put a SPACE between your Postal Code : V0X 1W0 or else it will not recognize the postal code. As a web developer, this is actually disgusting to see a government website that can't pass a simple validation check for postal codes, very poorly implemented....

islandhunter
12-11-2018, 08:31 PM
Ok, I got the survey completed with a space between my postal code. Thanks for the advice. Fingers crossed they abolish this proposal.......

joshbazz
12-11-2018, 09:44 PM
Completed survey... done!

Onesock
12-11-2018, 10:16 PM
Tried to complete but they wont return email. Suggestions?

604ksmith
12-11-2018, 10:39 PM
Completed survey. Thanks for posting!

one-shot-wonder
12-11-2018, 10:49 PM
Easy peasy....come everyone take 5 mins and do it.

Night Hawk 3
12-12-2018, 01:09 PM
Easy peasy....come everyone take 5 mins and do it.

Ditto... did this yesterday.

I've had an eye on the proposed park in that area for years, and it's not a good plan.

~NH3

Coyote
12-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Survey done

J-F
12-12-2018, 11:05 PM
Completed today. Make yourself heard!

1/2 slam
12-13-2018, 09:26 AM
Done. Final comment Why aren't you listening to the area residents. No PARK.

boxhitch
12-13-2018, 09:55 AM
They have staff in paid positions to sell the park idea
I doubt 'fail' is on their radar

Bugle M In
12-13-2018, 10:11 AM
They have staff in paid positions to sell the park idea
I doubt 'fail' is on their radar

Beat it to it.
I think it is already a done deal.
Just going thru the "proper consultation" phase is all this is about.
And since FN will get their way in the "use" category, no one is going to challenge it in the courts.

boxhitch
12-13-2018, 10:21 AM
Nothing a road block or sit-in wouldn't get attention to.
The Nays need to get organized

http://nonationalpark.com/

a good read about the survey manipulatin
http://nonationalpark.com/index.php/phone-surveys-the-2-myth/ (http://nonationalpark.com/)

ACB
12-13-2018, 01:25 PM
Survey say's, done.

Weatherby Fan
12-13-2018, 01:49 PM
I got er done !

tigrr
12-13-2018, 06:37 PM
The NDP and Greens don't give a rats ass what we think. Just watch.

islandhunter
12-13-2018, 07:11 PM
A sad state of affairs to be so helpess. Imagine a governement that does whatever they feel..........I hope canada wakes up

boxhitch
12-13-2018, 07:42 PM
Maybe an 'information road block' on the road to Apex would get some media attention

Crom
12-13-2018, 11:08 PM
Done. Let's hope it makes a difference.

KBC
12-13-2018, 11:47 PM
Anyone else notice they missed the L in Similkameen at the top of the page?

Bugle M In
12-14-2018, 10:47 AM
A sad state of affairs to be so helpess. Imagine a governement that does whatever they feel..........I hope canada wakes up

Problem is, it's not just the government.
IT's people who really don't know anything about hunting or just dislike hunters that the government is also trying to
appease, if you ask me.
Provincial Park was all that was needed.
And throwing "Reserve" at the end just shows just how much of a 2 tier system they want to make things here in BC.
Think they have forgotten who pays the taxes??

boxhitch
12-20-2018, 05:31 AM
wow, 17 comments so far, by a handful of contributors
underwhelming apathy at its best

stosto
12-22-2018, 01:17 PM
A dramatic use of language, since consultation, by definition, is the opposite of helpless. You are in deed getting your voice heard, which again is the opposite of the insertion that the government does whatever it wants. Yet another opportunity to be heard will be next october (election). In our democratic system majority rules, even if that majority does not share your beliefs.

Bugle M In
12-22-2018, 01:41 PM
A dramatic use of language, since consultation, by definition, is the opposite of helpless. You are in deed getting your voice heard, which again is the opposite of the insertion that the government does whatever it wants. Yet another opportunity to be heard will be next october (election). In our democratic system majority rules, even if that majority does not share your beliefs.
That's a fair statement, but you only have to look at the "consultation" that had taken place in regards to the Gbear hunt and that outcome.
Who received those emails to give opinions??
Anyways, you are right, next election will be the time to have a voice.
But as far as being listened to consultation wise, I think the ears are pointed a different direction.
They call it "selective hearing", imo

quarterman
12-22-2018, 03:29 PM

My postal code in Princeton didn't work either, had to use my other one. Hope everyone fills this out and makes it clear we don't want this crap

IronNoggin
12-24-2018, 11:42 AM
Filled it out of course.
Could not help but get the feeling they have already decided by the way the questions were worded though.
Today's email from them would also seem to suggest that...

"

*You are receiving this e-mail as you or your organization have previously indicated interest in receiving information on the proposed national park reserve in the South Okanagan - Similkameen.*

Hello and Happy Holidays!

The following updates have been added to the web consultation page of the proposed national park reserve in the South Okanagan Similkameen https://letstalksouthokanagansimilkameen.ca/Okanagan (https://www.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=532ff2f68f3aa71693528e95b&id=82e39dc377&e=1774393716)

1. Map - Working boundary of proposed national park reserve updated with clarification on private lands.

2. Map - Regional context updated with clarification on private lands.

3. A PDF copy of the consultation paper added.

4. A writable PDF copy of survey added.

5. An Infographic – Update on Key Issues: Visitation, Law Enforcement and Property Values added.

6. Map - Proposed national park reserve boundary overlap with Agriculture Land Reserve added.

7. Map - Proposed national park reserve boundary overlap with provincial Wildlife Management Regions added.

8. An Inset Map of Fairview- Cawston Private Land Parcels added.

9. An Inset Map of Spotted Lake Private Land Parcels added.

10. A kml file of the proposed working national park boundary available for download.

11. A geomark link of the proposed working national park boundary for download.

*NOTE* - there have been problems with the website recognizing some postal codes. This issue has been fixed, so please try the site again if you were previously having issues.

More information on the proposed national park reserve can be found:

on the Parks Canada website at https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/cnpn-cnnp/okanagan (https://www.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=532ff2f68f3aa71693528e95b&id=a36cccc451&e=1774393716)
by contacting the project manager, Sarah Boyle, via e-mail at pc. (pc.SouthOkanaganSud.pc@canada.ca)SouthOkanaganSud .pc@canada.ca (SouthOkanagan@pc.gc.ca) or
by phone at the toll free number 1-833-837-7535

Thank you, and please share or distribute this e-mail to others that may also be interested in periodic updates on the proposed national park reserve in the South Okanagan-Similkameen.

Sarah Boyle, M.Sc., P. Biol
Project Manager / Gestionnaire de projet,
South Okanagan - Similkameen / Okanagan Sud - Similkameen
Protected Areas Establishment Branch / Direction de l’établissement des aires protégées
Parks Canada / Parcs Canada"

Cheers,
Nog

Scotty76
12-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Got the update as well, and added a bunch or comments. I urge everyone else to do the same. There should be hundreds of comments in there supporting hunting by non FNs. And Pins all over the map supporting hunting.
Go to the discussion page and add comments in the prohibited activities and allowable activities page. That is a huge area that will be lost forever.