PDA

View Full Version : Possible Northeastern Closures

wickit
12-09-2018, 08:14 AM
Most people outside of the South Peace area have not heard about the possible closure of 420,000 hectares for caribou recovery. South of Chetwynd and Tumbler Ridge to all access. No hiking,snowmobiling,skiing hunting, fishing etc
Our government is dong this behind closed doors, local MLA's and user groups have been left out of consultation. We were to have a public meeting with the Peace River Regional District and the Provincial Government on Dec 7 and a few days before the Provincial Government backed out. At this time the first nations are the only ones at the table with the provincial and federal governments.
I urge you to check out the Concerned Citizens for Caribou Recovery Facebook page.

butcher
12-09-2018, 08:53 AM
Jesus what next?

Wild one
12-09-2018, 09:05 AM
Anyone have a map of the proposed closed area?

limit time
12-09-2018, 09:06 AM
Jesus what next?

The whole country.... moose areas are next then mule deer...

limit time
12-09-2018, 09:11 AM
Most people outside of the South Peace area have not heard about the possible closure of 420,000 hectares for caribou recovery. South of Chetwynd and Tumbler Ridge to all access. No hiking,snowmobiling,skiing hunting, fishing etc
Our government is dong this behind closed doors, local MLA's and user groups have been left out of consultation. We were to have a public meeting with the Peace River Regional District and the Provincial Government on Dec 7 and a few days before the Provincial Government backed out. At this time the first nations are the only ones at the table with the provincial and federal governments.
I urge you to check out the Concerned Citizens for Caribou Recovery Facebook page.

do they use hectares because it looks smaller ? 420,000 = 1,037,400 acres! That is 4198 square kilometres !

boxhitch
12-09-2018, 09:19 AM
h.....w.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?149055-Press-Release-from-Peace-River-Regional-District&highlight=chetwynd
h.........w.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?149196-Closures&highlight=chetwynd

\
but likely still not reaching a large audience

horshur
12-09-2018, 09:23 AM
Scroll through down the list...http://www.wilburforce.org/grants/grants-database/

horshur
12-09-2018, 09:26 AM
Browse this site...see the common names. https://corpethics.org/corporate-campaign-experts/

.264winmag
12-09-2018, 09:37 AM
https://www.change.org/p/we-demand-all-government-actions-cease-immediately-until-proper-consultation-occurs?recruiter=444851170&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&fbclid=IwAR2GZ8D7Qds-tCAvPOry3HNA1FsSbJfUVf4Uj2gZZdImnBR07jv59YUtf44

limit time
12-09-2018, 09:37 AM
Scroll through down the list...http://www.wilburforce.org/grants/grants-database/

How do hey get so much money ? WTF man... hunting is doomed. Pemby and jassmin are dancing a jig now !

Wild one
12-09-2018, 09:48 AM
https://www.change.org/p/we-demand-all-government-actions-cease-immediately-until-proper-consultation-occurs?recruiter=444851170&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&fbclid=IwAR2GZ8D7Qds-tCAvPOry3HNA1FsSbJfUVf4Uj2gZZdImnBR07jv59YUtf44

Well this has huge potential to even destroy the economy in chetwynd and tumbler after reading this. Outdoor recreation being impacted is only part of it

northof49
12-09-2018, 10:21 AM
This is what happens when the NDP is calling the shots with additional $$ from the Liberals pandering for the FN votes at the Federal level....Don’t ever forget. Right now you are all irrelevant. Our opinions matter not.

horshur
12-09-2018, 10:51 AM
Here are the rational 50%...https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/tides-have-turned-a-left-wing-u-s-charitys-plan-for-change-in-b-c

500 year plan for us...bat shit crazy!

butthead
12-09-2018, 10:56 AM
i think the french have the right idea

antlerking
12-09-2018, 10:58 AM
Jesus what next?
Half the West coast of Vancouver Island! Or maybe that’s first! We’re in for a lot more with the Government we have now, more bad times ahead!

Wild one
12-09-2018, 11:08 AM
Northern BC needs to join Alberta in talks of separation and odds are Saskatchewan and Manitoba would not be hard to convince

Liptugger
12-09-2018, 05:21 PM
This is all part of agenda 21, restrict peoples access to the land

303savage
12-09-2018, 05:49 PM
Maybe it's time to figure out a way to dump the U.N. before they take all our freedoms.

Bugle M In
12-09-2018, 06:05 PM
Again, George Heyman at the helm!
Again, the only ones that will have access is FN.
What to do?, not sure (other then to oust the NDP at next election)
In the meantime, we will see more of this!

ALSO: I seen something similar to this happening right now east of Chilliwack!

Wonder if the Liberals will reverse some of this crap???
Otherwise, we are doomed!
BCWF??? whats up??

Wild one
12-10-2018, 08:18 PM
Seeing this map makes it worse then I first thought

Bugle M In
12-10-2018, 08:31 PM
Seeing this map makes it worse then I first thought

Dido……
I hope the younger generations have "other hobbies" in mind!

303savage
12-10-2018, 08:39 PM
Does the closures include all hunters?

Wild one
12-10-2018, 08:54 PM
Hunting wise this is bad but possible impact to BCs economy is huge. Like the links said impacts on industry are still being discussed but reality is if hiking is on the list to be banned I don’t see resource extraction being a welcome activity

The area this map covers holds 1000’s of resource jobs forestry, mining, oil, and gas. Impact here is a big blow to BC’s overall economy

Bugle M In
12-10-2018, 09:21 PM
Didn't the NDP once upon a time be the party for the "working class"??
Meaning the Socreds, now Liberals were always deemed the party for the people who already had money?
Different party now, at least how it looks tom me.
Looks like they have lost touched with the Upcountry folks, and that's coming from me, a LM'r.

limit time
12-10-2018, 09:23 PM
Does the closures include all hunters?
All access but FN

tigrr
12-10-2018, 09:30 PM
I wonder who they are going to tax when we are all out of work. The government employees tax themselves in a perpetual circle.
Link that with the land in the Cariboo that they are are purposing to give to the natives. I hope this government folds soon. We will all be on welfare with the greens and ndp sinking us.

Bugle M In
12-10-2018, 09:55 PM
Time for the House Speaker to tell all the BC citizens "what's going on, what's the scandal" that is happening and would
make us puke!
So we can get an election ASAP.

SSG-man
12-10-2018, 09:57 PM
Tent city trailers in Nanaimo getting paved driveways today.

No carbon tax there

338win mag
12-10-2018, 10:02 PM
Its all about turning BC into the California of Canada, I have been saying it for years now, now its happening. I doubt if a change in government will alleviate the pressure on hunters or other people of the land, the future of BC is already decided.
At the end of the day you can tell alot about people by the fruit they yield, the sock puppets here have shown their intent by virtue of their actions, and anyone who thinks hunting isn't political should give their head a shake.

Sometimes fingers need to be pointed at those guilty of collective guile, they have joined forces and supported one another in a sinister plot. There is only one reason why the government wants your guns.

HarryToolips
12-10-2018, 10:11 PM
Sad times, our government continues to take from us....has this been confirmed that it is indeed happening?

dana
12-10-2018, 10:17 PM
Oh, come on, it ain't all that bad. Just think, not only are residents are getting F###ed but so are the Outfiiters. The Goat gets his way in the end. You guys still think it was a wise idea to sleep with the devil?

Bugle M In
12-10-2018, 10:48 PM
Oh, come on, it ain't all that bad. Just think, not only are residents are getting F###ed but so are the Outfiiters. The Goat gets his way in the end. You guys still think it was a wise idea to sleep with the devil?

Sorry, but who is the "Goat" you are referring to???
Agree however, all groups except FN getting the shaft here if it goes thru.

338win mag
12-10-2018, 10:53 PM
Sorry, but who is the "Goat" you are referring to???
Agree however, all groups except FN getting the shaft here if it goes thru.
I bet not all groups get the shaft, some will be supported by FN, wonder who those groups are going to be??

Bugle M In
12-10-2018, 10:56 PM
I bet not all groups get the shaft, some will be supported by FN, wonder who those groups are going to be??

Yup, there will be others that do benefit, if they are "buddies", guaranteed.
But who the "F" is Goat??
Sorry, maybe one too many Scotch tonite????

SSG-man
12-10-2018, 11:43 PM
Hmmm.

The Walrus was Paul.

The Goat is........

dana
12-11-2018, 07:00 AM
wtf kind of connection is that?
The Goat? R U / U R delusional

Who brought Weaver onto this board? Who wrote his speech at the AGM? Where does Tides play into this? Who is paying the wages? The anti-BC Liberal campaign? If you don't see the GreeNDP connection you are more delusional than me! Time to Wake Up!

huntingfamily
12-11-2018, 07:02 AM
There is a 30 day period for us to comment on the proposed closures etc. Please take this opportunity.
https://www.facebook.com/439081759957197/posts/445923695939670/

Hunter gatherer
12-11-2018, 07:35 AM
Yup, there will be others that do benefit, if they are "buddies", guaranteed.
But who the "F" is Goat??
Sorry, maybe one too many Scotch tonite????
Ricky Carmichael was the GOAT

IronNoggin
12-18-2018, 02:57 PM
Caribou closure rumours not true, Saulteau First Nation says
Plans to protect southern mountain caribou in Northeast B.C. won’t mean mass closures to industry and the backcountry, says one area First Nation involved in talks with the provincial and federal governments.

In a letter dated Dec. 11, the Saulteau First Nation says there are many untrue rumours about the steps governments are taking to protect five endangered herds in areas around Chetwynd and Tumbler Ridge.

https://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/regional-news/caribou-closure-rumours-not-true-saulteau-first-nation-says-1.23536489

northof49
12-18-2018, 03:08 PM
......”many untrue rumours”....... well that’s what happens when everything is behind closed doors without represtentation from all interest groups. Total transparency would be a start....and not last minute as it is rammed thru. The rest of us will have our say next election....enjoy it while you can GreeNDP.

wideopenthrottle
12-18-2018, 03:26 PM
Here are the rational 50%...https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/tides-have-turned-a-left-wing-u-s-charitys-plan-for-change-in-b-c

500 year plan for us...bat shit crazy!

the dirty underbelly of the green movement....as they say ..."follow the money"

butthead
12-19-2018, 06:25 AM
Maybe it's time to figure out a way to dump the U.N. before they take all our freedoms.

that's not part of there plan to be dumped

butthead
12-19-2018, 06:34 AM
......”many untrue rumours”....... well that’s what happens when everything is behind closed doors without represtentation from all interest groups. Total transparency would be a start....and not last minute as it is rammed thru. The rest of us will have our say next election....enjoy it while you can GreeNDP.
gona give it right back to the liberals
boy did they give it up easy last time
just for this reason
they knew they get voted right back in
nice plan they have

browningboy
12-19-2018, 02:19 PM
LOL, the snowflakes won't be happy until there's no hunting and FN own everything, then with no tax revenue all will be phucked as no one will be working!

Bugle M In
12-19-2018, 04:24 PM
LOL, the snowflakes won't be happy until there's no hunting and FN own everything, then with no tax revenue all will be phucked as no one will be working!

that's called "Revolution".
when things go one way for too long, while others starve.
One day!

hawk-i
12-19-2018, 05:34 PM
reduce the wolf and bear numbers and the caribou herds will respond favorably

Bugle M In
12-19-2018, 06:20 PM
reduce the wolf and bear numbers and the caribou herds will respond favorably

But, are they really proposing this to help the caribou (as your opinion on a correct a "correct solution")
Or is this one of those proposals just another one of those "wolves dressed in sheep's clothing" to get rid of hunting
for Residents (other than FN) wherever they can???

Cordillera
12-31-2018, 08:14 PM
A few thoughts. First, don’t believe every rumour you see on Facebook. There are real proposals to limit development in caribou habitat. Read the federal recovery strategy as a starting point.

But....the proposals under discussion are about limiting industrial development first, and restricting motorized use in some areas. Not stopping hunting or guide outfitting or all access or.....

And predators (wolves) are already managed in this area. Not in other caribou habitat in B.C. except limited areas in the southeast. But this area has serious predator control for four years. To a large degree the predator control is responsible for the herd growth noted by the First Nations. The pen has been helpful but other herds without a pen (Kennedy siding) have also grown in the same period.

Pay attention to this issue....but if something sounds too outrageous to be true, it probably is.

boxhitch
02-07-2019, 11:58 AM
So ? how did the meeting go?

www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/regional-news/caribou-town-hall-in-fort-st-john-on-saturday-

boxhitch
02-17-2019, 08:46 AM
Concerned citizens for caribou recovery #stop the closures
https://www.facebook.com/stoptheclosure/?