PDA

View Full Version : Nov 21 Alberta Mule Deer

ajr5406
11-24-2018, 07:42 PM
Got a nice mule deer in southern Alberta on Wednesday. Now if I can only get home with the meat - too many flight delays. http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7215&stc=1

IronNoggin
11-24-2018, 08:03 PM
"Nice" is a bit of an understatement Andrew!!

Awesome is a little closer! https://www.tnof.ca/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/Pozitive.gif

And if I am not mistaken, this is your First Mulie??

https://i.imgur.com/2lA3k4X.jpg

Congratulations!!

And now comes The Addiction trying to take one that will beat that!! :lol:

Cheers Nog- A Complete Addict! :wink:

ajr5406
11-24-2018, 08:24 PM
Ha ha. Thanks Matt!!! Yes, first deer of any species. Three seasons of learning, but now that has paid off.

RackStar
11-24-2018, 08:36 PM
Great deer congrats

Thunderstix
11-24-2018, 11:50 PM
Nicely done!

sheephunterab
11-25-2018, 11:05 AM
Dandy....congrats!

tinhorse
11-25-2018, 11:35 AM
Was it a draw tag or a guided hunt? That is a beauty of a buck! When I have drawn for moose and gown up to hunt with my cousin around a Prince George I would bring an extra suitcase and fill it up with frozen meat. Also my carry on. Amazing how much meat you can fit into a carry on bag. Just freeze and double garbage bag the wrapped cuts. You should be able to take the majority in one trip if not all. Just have to pay for an extra bag. I love the height of the antlers. Really good looking deer!

ajr5406
11-25-2018, 12:29 PM
Was it a draw tag or a guided hunt? That is a beauty of a buck! When I have drawn for moose and gown up to hunt with my cousin around a Prince George I would bring an extra suitcase and fill it up with frozen meat. Also my carry on. Amazing how much meat you can fit into a carry on bag. Just freeze and double garbage bag the wrapped cuts. You should be able to take the majority in one trip if not all. Just have to pay for an extra bag. I love the height of the antlers. Really good looking deer!

my brother in law and I went to stay with my wife’s (and brother in laws) cousin. He was our hunter host, and we have been putting in for the draw for three years to get the tag. Amazing and very experienced hunter, so it was basically guided. Packed the deboned meat into two insulated bags and brought them home as checked bags.

Crazy that in 3 full days we saw about 20 MD bucks of this size. About 200 deer all up. Truely an amazing hunt.

Weatherby Fan
11-25-2018, 12:40 PM
Beautiful Deer, congrats and thanks for sharing.

180grainer
11-25-2018, 08:52 PM
That's a beautiful buck. Congrats.

Norwestalta
11-26-2018, 05:48 AM
Congratulations on your first deer and a dandy one at that. I’m priority 9 for mule deer but undecided where I want to go.

ajr5406
11-26-2018, 02:55 PM
Congratulations on your first deer and a dandy one at that. I’m priority 9 for mule deer but undecided where I want to go.

Its an amazing place to hunt (where I was at least)! Such a shame CWD is growing at such an alarming rate! Im really hoping my deer comes back negative.

tinhorse
11-26-2018, 03:35 PM
That is awesome! It is incredible how many deer you see in areas that are managed and looked after in a sustainable manner. If I didn't love fishing so much I would be living in Alberta..