PDA

View Full Version : Gang Ranch Boat Launch

turbolar
11-21-2018, 09:46 AM
Gang ranch boat launch now has a gate on it. Yes it is the natives, no more access to the river.

Ltbullken
11-21-2018, 09:59 AM
If you're referring to the access from the Churn Creek side, that is a provincial park/protected area, not reserve land by any stretch of the imagination. I'd call the CO service to enquire about it. This could be about the Cariboo FN wanting to exert control of lands, waters, etc. or as they say 'a blockade', if that is in fact the FN put it up. I know there is a boat launch on the east side of the river on the Canoe Creek Reserve lands.

Whiterock
11-21-2018, 10:09 AM
I called the RCMP about gate out of Lillooet, got gate taken down,,no luck with the 1 out of Spences Bridge. Id call both CO and RCMP.

turbolar
11-21-2018, 10:31 AM
i was there yesterday, the east side and west side are both now closed, there was a phone number on the gate, i phoned it and it is the band office, they took my phone number and said maybe the chief will phone me back. They said the gate was put in 2 days ago. yes it is at Gang RANCH BOAT LAUNCH. What next?

dakoda62
11-21-2018, 11:19 AM
Battery powered zip cut?

mpotzold
11-21-2018, 11:24 AM
i was there yesterday, the east side and west side are both now closed, there was a phone number on the gate, i phoned it and it is the band office, they took my phone number and said maybe the chief will phone me back. They said the gate was put in 2 days ago. yes it is at Gang RANCH BOAT LAUNCH. What next?

Is this the area?
Camped one year near where Churn empties into Fraser. Saw a few natives driving by & they were friendly.
https://www.wltribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/12693914_web1_fraserriver2.jpg

REMINGTON JIM
11-21-2018, 11:31 AM
Battery powered zip cut?

YUP or just plain old Manual powered Bolt -Chain Cutters ! RJ

dino
11-21-2018, 11:52 AM
Dont need a boat launch with my zodiac and 25hp jet.

Jagermeister
11-21-2018, 11:54 AM
Wonder how they would react if there were a few gates with locks placed across roads leading from the rez entering onto highways? Or better still deactivate them.

Ltbullken
11-21-2018, 11:55 AM
Call the CO & RCMP. That is not reserve land, it is provincial park/protected area.

Jagermeister
That's not the point.

ElliotMoose
I'd be worried about leaving my rig at the boat launch after cutting through a gate though, as much as I'd love to!

Jelvis
11-21-2018, 12:11 PM
Not worth going to lock up for! I seen a guy in Kamloops not far from where I live, took it upon himself to do the cops job, got real emotional and lost it then ended up beating a kid with a bat til brain dead, over something he regrets now. In jail protective custody. Should have just called the cops instead.

-- Happens way faster than a person can imagine when your face to face with an adversary -- I'm just sayin not worth it -- say the wrong thing and :-o --EEE Motion

Jello you get swept up in the moment and tempers flare and next thing yah know it's a Donny Brook I'll be Brooks and you'll be Dunn Hahahahaha it's 5 o clock some where

dino
11-21-2018, 12:44 PM
That's not the point.

Yes it actually is the point. You cant stop it so we need to adapt. Thats the way it is. The reality is that very few ever really walk their talk, especially on this site so all the BS whining or the empty threats are just ridiculous.

REMINGTON JIM
11-21-2018, 01:20 PM
Yes it actually is the point. You cant stop it so we need to adapt. Thats the way it is. The reality is that very few ever really walk their talk, especially on this site so all the BS whining or the empty threats are just ridiculous.

You DO Have a POINT as it SEEMs the FN's are getting More & More Control over the Vast out doors and NOT just REZ land OUR land too ! Whats theres is theres and Now OURs is theres too ! :frown: RJ

Mulehahn
11-21-2018, 01:47 PM
Don't have a boat so I have had no reason to monitor boat launches so where exactly is this? And has anyone emailed the COs and the RCMP and received a response? If it is there to protect the area and it is not going the RCMP and COs will not take it down then weld it shut. No one can use it, give the animals a real break.

twoSevenO
11-21-2018, 02:07 PM
Ive seen pictures. The entire boat launch area is well fenced off. The fence is high quality, stretches for probably quarter mile and is there to stay. Make no mistake, this isnt some haphazard blockade to deter hunters. They put in quite a bit of time to get that fence up.

The phone number on there is canoe creek Indian band and says that you must call and request permission to enter.

I would certainly not want to set up camp and then go hunting and leave my stuff behind.

twoSevenO
11-21-2018, 02:09 PM
Don't have a boat so I have had no reason to monitor boat launches so where exactly is this? And has anyone emailed the COs and the RCMP and received a response? If it is there to protect the area and it is not going the RCMP and COs will not take it down then weld it shut. No one can use it, give the animals a real break.

It's in the corner between churn creek and Fraser river.. close to the main road. It's not going to give animals any peace the area is quite small.

Ltbullken
11-21-2018, 02:10 PM
Ive seen pictures. The entire boat launch area is well fenced off. The fence is high quality, stretches for probably quarter mile and is there to stay. Make no mistake, this isnt some haphazard blockade to deter hunters. They put in quite a bit of time to get that fence up.

The phone number on there is canoe creek Indian band and says that you must call and request permission to enter.

I would certainly not want to set up camp and then go hunting and leave my stuff behind.

Call the CO service and RCMP.

twoSevenO
11-21-2018, 02:22 PM
Call the CO service and RCMP.

Why? I dont care. And i dont even have enough information to know if this is legit FN reserve territory or not. By the looks of that fence I dont think it would be put up unless they were sure it was going to stay.

f350ps
11-21-2018, 03:50 PM
https://canoecreekband.ca/
(https://canoecreekband.ca/)
Open this up and click on Treaty, it'll make you sick! Even though they will have a signed treaty it is considered a "living document" which allows them back to the trough if another treaty is better than the one they signed!!! Phucking crazy! K

digger dogger
11-21-2018, 03:51 PM
Selfish?
How's the Pitt Marsh been this year dino?

dino
11-21-2018, 04:15 PM
Selfish?

Its called Realist!

dino
11-21-2018, 04:31 PM
You DO Have a POINT as it SEEMs the FN's are getting More & More Control over the Vast out doors and NOT just REZ land OUR land too ! Whats theres is theres and Now OURs is theres too ! :frown: RJ

I hate having to have this attitude. Im angry as hell as the next guy about the special rules for special people but nothing is going to change. I will adapt to this evolving reality. Its about how far are you willing go. If it is native land and i see a person cutting a gate lock to launch their boat I could not care less. I just have a different solution to the problem.

dino
11-21-2018, 04:40 PM
I'd be worried about leaving my rig at the boat launch after cutting through a gate though, as much as I'd love to!

That side of the river is not native friendly during hunting season. Look at all the vehicles left abanded after missing a corner on the way in, looks real pretty doesnt it.

303savage
11-21-2018, 04:48 PM
Until our government grows some balls and deal with the few FNs that cause the problems thing are only going to get worse.

twoSevenO
11-21-2018, 04:52 PM
Selfish?

Lol .... I think you confused dino with dano.

Jelvis
11-21-2018, 05:06 PM
--------------------------------------> Our home and Natives Land

Jelly -- don't flip just kiddinHahahahahaha

MOOSE MILK
11-21-2018, 05:25 PM
Jelvis has it right!!!

Ltbullken
11-21-2018, 05:29 PM
Why? I dont care. And i dont even have enough information to know if this is legit FN reserve territory or not. By the looks of that fence I dont think it would be put up unless they were sure it was going to stay.

It isn’t FN land. It is provincial park/protected area. It can’t hurt to call CO/RCMP and complain. Anyway, MOE knows about it now. Don’t know if that will help (given NDP proclivities) but at least we can hold them accountable.

Redthies
11-21-2018, 05:30 PM
Whats theres is theres and Now OURs is theres too ! :frown: RJ

Oh, are we divorcing them??

Jagermeister
11-21-2018, 06:09 PM
I hate having to have this attitude. Im angry as hell as the next guy about the special rules for special people but nothing is going to change. I will adapt to this evolving reality. Its about how far are you willing go. If it is native land and i see a person cutting a gate lock to launch their boat I could not care less. I just have a different solution to the problem.
The real question is, how far are they willing to go and how far will it be for the rest of us before we rise up to stop them? <10% of the provincial population are now dictating how the other >90% are going to dwell here and 85% of the 90% are oblivious/unaware or think that it will not affect them. Breaking that down to numbers. Approximately 300,000 are dictating to 3,200,000 while 2,720,000 could care less and 480,000 see the problem.
Consider how much your rights have been extinguished since Trudeau and Horgan have ascended to power and then consider how much further that erosion will be when they score the P/R vote.
We are in a state of anarchy (a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.) Where a few dictate terms and conditions to the government of many.

dino
11-21-2018, 06:17 PM
Yes the far left are in control right now but the far right is coming. Your right and i agree, ........I am prepared.

Jelvis
11-21-2018, 06:31 PM
----------------------- > Preparation H ? ------ Hahahahaha

Jeldo Rocka Feldo

digger dogger
11-21-2018, 07:11 PM
Lol .... I think you confused dino with dano.

Hahaha yup you are correct twoseven.

Hopefully this shizer, gets sorted out soon.

wos
11-21-2018, 08:13 PM
----------------------- > Preparation H ? ------ Hahahahaha

Jeldo Rocka Feldo

That was funny!!

Big Lew
11-21-2018, 09:22 PM
That side of the river is not native friendly during hunting season. Look at all the vehicles left abanded after missing a corner on the way in, looks real pretty doesnt it.

I have wandered about on the east side of the Fraser, including all around the Canoe reserve,
for a great many years and have always been treated with respect. In fact some of my interactions
have been above and beyond many other places in friendship. I once spent a good part of the day
using my truck with 12000 lb winch to help raise logs for their community center building, and in
return, got to enjoy a fantastic bbq with everyone, including the kids.
That was many years ago...has me wondering just what has changed to bring about the unfriendly
attitudes. Could it be outside radical encouragement, or is it because of too much abuse of the area
by outsiders?

Jelvis
11-21-2018, 09:35 PM
It's fake news butt people like a fight and make this shit up constantly, thriving on it, like a ciggy ret -- you gotta have one no matter addicted

Jelly -- Addicted to leee ove -- > Robert Palmer <------l addicted and needing another just like dah udder ---

Dannybuoy
11-21-2018, 09:58 PM
I have wandered about on the east side of the Fraser, including all around the Canoe reserve,
for a great many years and have always been treated with respect. In fact some of my interactions
have been above and beyond many other places in friendship. I once spent a good part of the day
using my truck with 12000 lb winch to help raise logs for their community center building, and in
That was many years ago...has me wondering just what has changed to bring about the unfriendly
attitudes. Could it be outside radical encouragement, or is it because of too much abuse of the area
by outsiders?
$$$$$ money

Jelvis
11-21-2018, 10:05 PM
If your name is Tippy or Tyler don't be Rockin the Canoe ! Hahahahaha

Jelly Bags -- tippy -- in the Canoe - tippy and tyler too -->

dino
11-21-2018, 10:26 PM
by outsiders?

Cowboys on the west and your friends to the east. They have a boat launch on the east, that makes sense. To claim land on the west side seems odd, especially when no bridges existed back before Europeans arrived. Its just odd and others find it odd too. But like I posted earlier,
I will just adapt.

Jelvis
11-21-2018, 10:35 PM
Indians of old in B.C. b4 it was called BC lived in places close to where the fish and game was living so it was easier to kill a deersky ok?

So now when these boat launch things come up, it's where the Indians fished etc

Jel -- holy cow -- take a course at UBC and see how things transpired B4 you get too wired -- If I was Trump you'd be FIRED!

dino
11-21-2018, 10:37 PM
It's fake news butt people like a fight and make this shit up constantly, thriving on it, like a ciggy ret -- you gotta have one no matter addicted

Jelly -- Addicted to leee ove -- > Robert Palmer <------l addicted and needing another just like dah udder ---

No fake news jelly. The fence and gate is there. Im just surprised the dog creek side let it happen. Its no secret that those two bands have friction dating back a long time ago.

Big Lew
11-21-2018, 10:38 PM
$$$$$ money

That is what I implied in a way. We know there are activists both within Canada and the States
that have been very active in stirring up attitudes, doing so with lofty promises of money and
lands.

dino
11-21-2018, 10:43 PM
Indians of old in B.C. b4 it was called BC lived in places close to where the fish and game was living so it was easier to kill a deersky ok?

So now when these boat launch things come up, it's where the Indians fished etc

Jel -- holy cow -- take a course at UBC and see how things transpired B4 you get too wired -- If I was Trump you'd be FIRED!

Your right jelly . I guess any area in this province really belongs to whoever was here first. My bad.

Jelvis
11-21-2018, 10:51 PM
BC belongs to Mother Nature, Mother Nature was here first then human beings --> Adam and Eve now it's Adam and Steve if yah know whad I'm tryin to say withou

Noo rawwww gotta go

Jel -- The doors are swingin Hahahahahahaha -- Let's share the Canoe and the Dog just don't cross that log across the river unless yah got a full quiver

Stresd
11-22-2018, 08:29 AM
Talked to my Cuz in Willy's Puddle last night. Mentioned the launch being gated. He says the gate is new but the sign to phone the Band for permission has been there ever since Tolko Industries Gifted the land to the Canoe Band. He has always phoned the Band office when using the launch in the past and never had a problem.

Jelvis
11-22-2018, 08:42 AM
Stresd with some chilling news from the Chilly Cootin at Willy's Pond, down to earth and reaching the sky my oh my -- well done good sharing - gate is new
Now what to do?

You have a cell phone ( a Smart Phone ) use the phone and get talkin b4 yah start unlockin --> a cell phone for this very type of thing -- ding dong <---------

Number on sign since the Mill gave a gift -- seems to uplift

Jelly -- You used to call me on my cell phone -- now your wearing less and going out more --- High Light Bling! -- A Willy's Kinda K Nice Thing --

Big Lew
11-22-2018, 10:28 AM
Cowboys on the west and your friends to the east. They have a boat launch on the east, that makes sense. To claim land on the west side seems odd, especially when no bridges existed back before Europeans arrived. Its just odd and others find it odd too. But like I posted earlier,
I will just adapt.

As I said, that was a long time ago. At that time, although I wouldn't consider any of the Canoe Lake
people my friends, they were very friendly to me. The one's working for the Gang that worked on the
east side out to Meadow Lake would always drop by my camp in the fall if they saw my campfire smoke.
I, in turn would do the same. Times change though, I don't suppose that outgoing friendly attitude is the
same as it once was which is sad.

Sirloin
11-22-2018, 07:29 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/2n8ot0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Ih39ddP.png

Jelvis
11-22-2018, 07:54 PM
Hundred Mile will be ridin in style -- with Willy's Pond at the center or Whaaaaaaa?

jelvis -- Willy knows what to do -- It's 5 O'Clock some where Yeee Hawww -- > If I had Johnny's Ca$h and Charley's Pride I wouldn't have a Buck Owen!
------------------------------------------What would Hank do?

Ohwildwon
11-22-2018, 09:46 PM
Adapt = Suckhole

AKA Social engineering, wake up!