PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Heritage Fundraiser

11-19-2018, 02:02 PM
The Wild Sheep Society of BC is developing a campaign to educate the non-hunting public about hunting in order to combat the constant attacks against our way of life. This Hunter Heritage campaign is really starting to gain steam, but as it's a grass-roots movement, we will need financial support from hunters.

This is your chance to contribute to the continuation of our way of life as hunters:

https://www.wildsheepsociety.com/wild-sheep-society-of-bc-projects/hunter-heritage/

Rackmastr
11-19-2018, 02:49 PM
Great post, and a great incentive to get involved and spread the word!

11-19-2018, 03:25 PM
Great post, and a great incentive to get involved and spread the word!

Yes, there was a thread on here a short time ago, where the need for a PR campaign was discussed. Hopefully those who supported the concept will step up to the plate and donate. This is really important

Buck
11-19-2018, 04:12 PM
Done happy to help

tayleoscar
11-19-2018, 04:15 PM
Happy to help as well!

CranePete
11-19-2018, 05:55 PM
Count me in

11-19-2018, 08:59 PM
187 views so far with only 5 posts. I’m assuming all the posters donated. How about those who view but don’t post? If you can afford to hunt, you can afford to donate $100. Less than a tank of gas.

Honestly folks, if we lose hunting in this province, our grandchildren will say “why didn’t they do something”.
We are the “they”. It’s up to us to make this campaign successful and ensure our hunting Heritage persists.

Lets not fail those coming behind us.

Cabled
11-19-2018, 10:02 PM
Awesome initiative! I will be donating for sure, as far as I can see the WSSBC is far and away the best hunter based conservation group in BC today.

Tuffcity
11-19-2018, 11:42 PM
For those that click on this thread but can't be bothered to go to the link here's the outline of what we're up to:

THE HUNTER HERITAGE PROGRAM

This ambitious project will be unveiled the week of February 3 rd , 2019. It is important to note that if we are to change the public perception of hunting, we must focus on the non-hunting public. The harsh truth is we have been doing a poor job of this to date. We must adapt.

Although the anti-hunters are the most vocal, the overwhelming majority of people remain neutral on the topic of hunting. It is their hearts and minds that we must win over and educate.

This campaign is designed around that premise.

The initial launch will consist of several short videos that will be distributed via digital media channels with the purpose of driving traffic away from the toxic environment of social media to a new stand-alone website. This platform will host longer videos, articles, and a podcast series, along with other thought provoking material.

In totality, the content will serve the express purpose of engaging, inspiring and educating the non-hunter, and through these efforts, show the average non-hunter that our way of life is relatable and acceptable in modern society.

If we win their hearts and minds, we will win this war.

Well over a 100,000 hunters in this province and the excuse of "somebody outa do something" is over. I'm the "somebody"... you're the "somebody". Can't do a $100? Kick in $10, have a spouse that hunts? kick in 10 for them too... kids? How about $5 a head for them? Wars cost money and we as a group are very late to the party.

RC

- go to the link and donate.

Weatherby Fan
11-19-2018, 11:53 PM
As a matter of fact I will be donating a rifle to be raffled off for this cause, just waiting to hear back from the powers that be for the go ahead, it’s a great cause please help out and donate.
WF

$100 Donation made

pg83
11-20-2018, 06:50 AM
As a matter of fact I will be donating a rifle to be raffled off for this cause, just waiting to hear back from the powers that be for the go ahead, it’s a great cause please help out and donate.
WF

$100 Donation made

Thank you WF, leading by example!

Tuffcity
11-20-2018, 09:51 AM
Outstanding WF! Thank you!

RC

11-20-2018, 12:41 PM
Lets keep it rolling!

Bugle M In
11-20-2018, 01:00 PM
Just took the link and sent BCC's to anyone on my "contacts email list" that I know hunts or has hunted or supports hunting.
Hope others are doing the same.
Pass it on your friends folks.
This one matters, imo.

Glad to see WSS trying to make a difference.
I totally understand that they are here to "support sheep", not hunters.
But I like that they recognize that with out us hunters, there wont be a sheep society, or not a big enough on to actually help.
Good job WSS!

Deaddog
11-20-2018, 07:40 PM
Donation sent. Glad to see wssbc leading the way!

Scotty76
11-20-2018, 07:59 PM
Donation sent. Who’s next ?

11-21-2018, 08:57 AM
Come on guys! Lets keep this rolling. The success of this campaign depends on YOU!!

Cabled
11-21-2018, 07:13 PM
Donation sent. Hopefully alot of us can get behind this!

Deaddog
11-21-2018, 07:16 PM
We all talk about having someone that will speak up for hunters and promote /educate others about why we hunt. Here is the organization that is willing to put tens of thousands of dollars towards doing just that. Time for us to support those that are willing to take these steps. I will match the next five guys / girls that donate 100 bucks on this forum! Let’s show are support both verbally and financially!!

knothead
11-21-2018, 08:43 PM
I'm in! If your donating now's a good time to become a member of the WSS as well!

Deaddog
11-21-2018, 09:32 PM
Knot heads donation matched!! Keep it coming!!

11-22-2018, 10:31 AM
Lets keep this going! Come on folks, this is for you!

11-22-2018, 03:26 PM
Hey Deaddog......you best throw down again. Just got in for that Rifle draw and happy to help our position as hunters. Plus taking Deaddog up.on his offer, well that right there is bonus!

Hats off to the WSSBC.
Thanks for all you do.

Weatherby Fan
11-22-2018, 04:02 PM
Ok just an update, I signed up for the Monarch Gold Membership with the WSS of BC so my donation will be directed to the Hunter Heritage fund

Lets get the ball rolling on this HBC, even if you donate $10 its a big help.............

11-22-2018, 04:03 PM
Ok just an update, I signed up for the Monarch Gold Membership with the WSS of BC so my donation will be directed directed to the Hunter Heritage fund

Lets get the ball rolling on this HBC, even if you donate $10 its a big help.............

Awesome!! Thanks so much!

303savage
11-22-2018, 04:47 PM
The people that attack hunting had better be vegetarians, The only difference between hunted meat and store bought meat is hunters have to work for their meat, sometimes very very hard for there meat.

pg83
11-22-2018, 05:01 PM
Ok just an update, I signed up for the Monarch Gold Membership with the WSS of BC so my donation will be directed to the Hunter Heritage fund

Absolutely huge!

https://www.wildsheepsociety.com/monarch-membership/

11-22-2018, 05:57 PM

Holy Crap WF......with that many entries you'll win your gun back.
GaZinga! Good on ya.

northernguy
11-22-2018, 06:11 PM
Donation sent. Good to see action on something that has been talked about for how long?

11-22-2018, 06:14 PM
Thanks Northernguy!!!

Weatherby Fan
11-22-2018, 06:47 PM
Ok Ive asked HBC and they ok'd to let us run a raffle, were going to have a Hunter Heritage Fundraiser Raffle, looks like some great prizes so far.

As soon as the first rifle raffle for the Tikka is complete we will fire up this raffle.

1- Gary Flach (GEF) Custom built Kimber Montana 84L 6.5-284, Benchmark Barrel

2-Binoculars-Leica Trinovid HD 8x42 (please note this prize has changed from a backpack to binoculars)

3-Bill Pastorek's new book "Dream Rams of British Columbia"

4-Maui Jim Sunglasses donated by 325

11-22-2018, 07:06 PM
Ok Ive asked HBC and they ok'd to let us run a raffle, were going to have a Hunter heritage Fundraiser Raffle, looks like some great prizes so far.

2-Back Pack....EXO Mountain Gear, Mystery Ranch or Stone Glacier to be determined

Fantastic! I’ll donate Maui Jim sunglasses (your choice of model) as well!

Deaddog
11-22-2018, 07:28 PM
Curly top and northern guys matched ! Let’s see more guys step up. Looking for two more people two match ! This iniatative needs supports. So glad to see people getting behind this!!

Weatherby Fan
11-22-2018, 07:34 PM
Fantastic! I’ll donate Maui Jim sunglasses (your choice of model) as well!

Thats awesome thank you so much

Weatherby Fan
11-22-2018, 09:03 PM
Curly top and northern guys matched ! Let’s see more guys step up. Looking for two more people two match ! This iniatative needs supports. So glad to see people getting behind this!!

Thats great news, thanks for stepping up men

Greenthumbed
11-22-2018, 09:04 PM
Great cause to get behind! They've got my donation. We'll see, maybe after Christmas I'll drop another one.

scttlp86
11-22-2018, 09:42 PM
Donated! I will be following this campaign as I'm excited to see where it can go

Deaddog
11-22-2018, 09:53 PM
Sctllpc donation matched. Keep it going. This could’ve the start of a new direction for us!

pnbrock
11-23-2018, 08:21 AM
where do i send $for draw tix?

11-23-2018, 09:20 AM
where do i send $for draw tix?

Click the link, then click the “donate” link if paying with your credit card.

Alternatively, if you’d prefer to pay by cheque, use the instructions contained in the main link

Arctic Lake
11-23-2018, 09:31 AM

WOW ! Way to go WF !
Arctic Lake

Arctic Lake
11-23-2018, 09:39 AM
Ok Ive asked HBC and they ok'd to let us run a raffle, were going to have a Hunter Heritage Fundraiser Raffle, looks like some great prizes so far.

As soon as we have a date finalized we will get the raffle underway.

2-Back Pack....EXO Mountain Gear, Mystery Ranch or Stone Glacier to be determined

4-Maui Jim Sunglasses donated by 325

Is this going to be a separate raffle WF or included with the $100.00 donation to the WSS Hunter Heritage Fund?
Thanks
Arctic Lake

Weatherby Fan
11-23-2018, 09:48 AM
Is this going to be a separate raffle WF or included with the $100.00 donation to the WSS Hunter Heritage Fund?
Thanks
Arctic Lake

Good question AL thank you

its a totally separate Raffle but money is going to the same place in the end.

cheers
WF

Arctic Lake
11-23-2018, 10:05 AM
Good question AL thank you

its a totally separate Raffle but money is going to the same place in the end.

cheers
WF

Okay Understood ! Will there be a separate thread for the separate raffle here on HBC and will the raffle you start have a set donation dollar figure ?
Sorry for all the questions but I may donate to both .

Arctic Lake

Weatherby Fan
11-23-2018, 10:12 AM
Okay Understood ! Will there be a separate thread for the separate raffle here on HBC and will the raffle you start have a set donation dollar figure ?

Arctic Lake

Yes I will start a separate thread for the Hunter Heritage program Raffle here on HBC

I will run the raffle and collect the funds, do the draw with witnesses that have no interest in the raffle and ensure all prizes are shipped and received by the winners at my expense and all funds raised will go directly to the Hunter Heritage Fund.

At this time I have no set amount of tickets to sell or $ figure goal, ultimately to raise as much as possible.

WF

11-23-2018, 10:33 AM

Arctic Lake

Definitely donate to both! You could win the Tikka T3 with the WSSBC raffle!

Arctic Lake
11-23-2018, 10:40 AM
Yes I will start a separate thread for the Hunter Heritage program Raffle here on HBC

I will run the raffle and collect the funds, do the draw with witnesses that have no interest in the raffle and ensure all prizes are shipped and received by the winners at my expense and all funds raised will go directly to the Hunter Heritage Fund.

At this time I have no set amount of tickets to sell or $ figure goal, ultimately to raise as much as possible.

WF

Well thought out ! Thanks WF !

Arctic Lake

Arctic Lake
11-23-2018, 10:42 AM
Definitely donate to both! You could win the Tikka T3 with the WSSBC raffle!

Yea and both going to the same good cause !
Arctic Lake

Jordan f.
11-23-2018, 12:11 PM
WF, those are some great prizes! Thanks for doing that

Arctic Lake
11-23-2018, 02:05 PM
For those that click on this thread but can't be bothered to go to the link here's the outline of what we're up to:

Well over a 100,000 hunters in this province and the excuse of "somebody outa do something" is over. I'm the "somebody"... you're the "somebody". Can't do a $100? Kick in $10, have a spouse that hunts? kick in 10 for them too... kids? How about $5 a head for them? Wars cost money and we as a group are very late to the party.

RC

- go to the link and donate.

Alrighty Then ! I'm now a somebody , LOL ! I'm in for $100.00
Arctic Lake

Tuffcity
11-23-2018, 03:26 PM
Alrighty Then ! I'm now a somebody

And never, ever apologize for being a Hunting Somebody! :)

RC

mooseknuckler
11-23-2018, 07:03 PM
I'm in, lets see where this can go......

Arctic Lake
11-23-2018, 11:05 PM
This thread should be going non stop ! Honestly this is a B.C. hunting site ! Do we not want as much of the general public's support to at least let us go about what we want to do even if they themselves do not hunt .EDUCATE ! Today I talked to a lady who had NO idea about what hunting moose was all about . She asked what do you do after you kill the animal .I said I get home and eat it ! LOL !
Arctic Lake

11-24-2018, 07:53 AM
Come on guys, keep it rolling!

Grizzloonly
11-24-2018, 10:56 AM
This is your chance to contribute to the continuation of our way of life as hunters: Done, a great cause.

mwj
11-24-2018, 11:08 AM
I became a life member last year and donated $100 to the hunter heritage at last years meeting. I just donated another $100 to hunter heritage yesterday!

11-24-2018, 11:22 AM
Thanks to all who are donating!

11-25-2018, 08:12 AM
Are we losing steam already?!! Come on folks, let’s keep it rolling!!

triggerhappy
11-25-2018, 08:30 AM
$100 down. Glad to see a great initiative like this is happening. Keep bumping this thread as some of us only come here once in a while and will miss it otherwise. I hope this is getting posted all over social media too.

11-25-2018, 08:52 AM
$100 down. Glad to see a great initiative like this is happening. Keep bumping this thread as some of us only come here once in a while and will miss it otherwise. I hope this is getting posted all over social media too.

Thanks Triggerhappy! The campaign is being shared via social media currently

Cat catcher
11-25-2018, 09:42 AM
I just donated a 100. Happy to see something like this happening. Good job. Thanks

Weatherby Fan
11-25-2018, 01:02 PM
Thanks to all that have donated for our Hunting Heritage
keep up the good work everyone

Arctic Lake
11-25-2018, 02:19 PM
Hi WF
Are you still going to be starting a thread concerning your raffle ?
Arctic Lake

Weatherby Fan
11-25-2018, 02:31 PM
Hi WF
Are you still going to be starting a thread concerning your raffle ?
Arctic Lake

Yes once the other raffle for the Tikka has run its course I will post up pictures of the actual prizes and details

Arctic Lake
11-25-2018, 09:46 PM
Yes once the other raffle for the Tikka has run its course I will post up pictures of the actual prizes and details
Okay Thanks !
Arctic Lake

11-26-2018, 09:12 AM
Today is a great day to donate!

Brew
11-26-2018, 11:26 AM
Donated. Come on people help out and donate

Deaddog
11-26-2018, 01:47 PM
Arctic lakes donation matched! Let’s keep this going, looking forward to seeing it in action!

CranePete
11-27-2018, 10:10 AM
Already in for a hun on the first draw, another hun waiting for the next....

11-27-2018, 10:31 AM
Thanks to all those donating! Lets keep it going!!

northernguy
11-27-2018, 10:45 AM
Is there a target amount? More is better obviously! Just curious as to the amount collected so far?

Looking at the budget to see if I can do another hundred on the second draw...some great prizes! Good on the donors!

Lets keep this going fellas!

11-27-2018, 11:22 AM
Is there a target amount? More is better obviously! Just curious as to the amount collected so far?

Looking at the budget to see if I can do another hundred on the second draw...some great prizes! Good on the donors!

As this campaign will be ongoing, we will require continued financial support. Hopefully, once the program is proven, we can attract industry/government funding, but those are unknowns at this time. This is a "grass-roots" campaign.

As for current revenue from this particular donation, I am not sure where we are at, but a couple days ago, it wasn't impressive, and we are accumulating donations much more slowly than I would have thought.

With the number of people viewing this thread, I would guess far less than 5% are donating. I am honestly a bit disappointed, but we will make this work one way or another.

Hunters need to start putting their money where their mouth is.

Rackmastr
11-27-2018, 12:25 PM
With the number of people viewing this thread, I would guess far less than 5% are donating. I am honestly a bit disappointed, but we will make this work one way or another.

To be fair, likely most of us who are actually interested in the program have viewed this thread 20+ times each, which obviously drives the 'views' up a ton. I always wish that a forum would separate 'views' by 'views by separate members' to really give a good picture of who was looking.

In any case, everyone needs to get involved, share emails and forward to family or friends to get them involved as well. A lot of this will build steam I believe as it continues to grow, or at least that's my hope.

11-27-2018, 12:34 PM
To be fair, likely most of us who are actually interested in the program have viewed this thread 20+ times each, which obviously drives the 'views' up a ton. I always wish that a forum would separate 'views' by 'views by separate members' to really give a good picture of who was looking.

In any case, everyone needs to get involved, share emails and forward to family or friends to get them involved as well. A lot of this will build steam I believe as it continues to grow, or at least that's my hope.

I agree, it's hard to know for sure, but it appears as though only those who have posted on this thread have actually donated, give or take.

I am very thankful for those who've donated

Rackmastr
11-27-2018, 12:39 PM
I agree, it's hard to know for sure, but it appears as though only those who have posted on this thread have actually donated, give or take.

I am very thankful for those who've donated

I think its similar to the membership drive or anything like that. Guys need to get off their butts and challenge eachother to find others to donate. Not only should everyone be donating to things like this, but everyone should be challenging themselves to find 5 friends or family to donate as well. Its simply not good enough for guys to donate their $100 and walk away, so hopefully spreading the word and committing the idea of finding their own donors will allow it to grow exponentially.

Weatherby Fan
11-27-2018, 12:45 PM
I think everyone should know they don't have to donate a $100, any amount would help, with approx 100,000 hunter in BC if everyone donated $5 it would do wonders, heck even $2 each would be amazing.

11-27-2018, 12:46 PM
I think its similar to the membership drive or anything like that. Guys need to get off their butts and challenge eachother to find others to donate. Not only should everyone be donating to things like this, but everyone should be challenging themselves to find 5 friends or family to donate as well. Its simply not good enough for guys to donate their $100 and walk away, so hopefully spreading the word and committing the idea of finding their own donors will allow it to grow exponentially.

Yes, I'm hoping for the same thing.

Scotty76
11-27-2018, 12:50 PM
It’s very sad that most people won’t even donate some money to something that could do wonders for their hobby/ way of life. I’ve donated $200 already and will be donating more in the new year. Will see if I can get any other guys to donate.

11-27-2018, 01:05 PM
It’s very sad that most people won’t even donate some money to something that could do wonders for their hobby/ way of life. I’ve donated $200 already and will be donating more in the new year. Will see if I can get any other guys to donate.

Thanks! I have reached out too, even out of province, as this campaign will benefit all hunters, not just those in BC

northernguy
11-27-2018, 02:09 PM
As this campaign will be ongoing, we will require continued financial support. Hopefully, once the program is proven, we can attract industry/government funding, but those are unknowns at this time. This is a "grass-roots" campaign.

As for current revenue from this particular donation, I am not sure where we are at, but a couple days ago, it wasn't impressive, and we are accumulating donations much more slowly than I would have thought.

Hunters need to start putting their money where their mouth is.

Thanks! I was just curious.

Lets put a $100 donation in perspective...it costs more to put fuel in your truck for a day of hunting...and we think nothing of putting fuel in the truck for hunting. Common fellas...lets be honest. Most of us have had bigger tabs at the bar; so get on with the donations already:lol:

11-27-2018, 02:35 PM
Thanks! I was just curious.

Lets put a $100 donation in perspective...it costs more to put fuel in your truck for a day of hunting...and we think nothing of putting fuel in the truck for hunting. Common fellas...lets be honest. Most of us have had bigger tabs at the bar; so get on with the donations already:lol:

Exactly. As I stated before, if a person can afford to hunt, they can afford to donate.

Unless of course we are content letting the anti-hunting activists continue to tell our story for us.

VLD43
11-27-2018, 07:58 PM
Just donated $100 to the cause. Will donate another $100 when you get your raffle going. Hope some of the "lurkers" and "Looky-Lous" who frequent this site, and gather good info, think about donating. Just go to the WSSBC, don't have to be a member to donate. Don't let our hunting heritage go the way it has in places like Europe, where only the rich hunt.

Frosty
11-27-2018, 08:12 PM
I Donated $100

Weatherby Fan
11-27-2018, 08:21 PM

I asked earlier today and they were at about $4000.00 but I’m sure as this builds steam it will grow quickly, no target goal was mentioned, I’m sure this is going to be ongoing.

thanks for your donation
WF

stinkyduck
11-27-2018, 08:24 PM
Just dropped $100, what a great idea.

Jelvis
11-27-2018, 08:37 PM
I can't believe the hunters dropping a $100.oo Loonies all at once like that -- your awesome

J-Kel --> You people truly want to help the sheep in BC -- really cool --

Weatherby Fan
11-27-2018, 08:40 PM
I can't believe the hunters dropping a $100.oo Loonies all at once like that -- your awesome

J-Kel --> You people truly want to help the sheep in BC -- really cool --

Jelly you need to read where the money is going not to sheep but to support all hunters.....even you jelly

Jelvis
11-27-2018, 08:51 PM
Weather the way you put it -- sounds too good to be true Hahahahahahaha to support all hunters -- Butt I believe you I really do -- HBC knows what's happening

--> I see where your going and it looks possible for sure, it will get stronger and cover more hunter's needs -- as the money grows with interest -->

Jelly - The King is Gone -- Butt he's not forgotten --> All hunters not just some <-- Johnny digs that -- Good luck from me and Rocko dah Jocko -->

Arctic Lake
11-27-2018, 09:12 PM
Just donated $100 to the cause. Will donate another $100 when you get your raffle going. Hope some of the "lurkers" and "Looky-Lous" who frequent this site, and gather good info, think about donating. Just go to the WSSBC, don't have to be a member to donate. Don't let our hunting heritage go the way it has in places like Europe, where only the rich hunt.

We don't want our hunting to end up like that ! Let's keep the drive alive !
Arctic Lake

VLD43
11-27-2018, 09:44 PM
We don't want are hunting to end up like that ! Let's keep the drive alive !
Arctic Lake

Couldn't agree more.

Rhyno
11-28-2018, 07:14 AM
Just donated $100. Come on guys, it's a hundred bucks, this is what we need to protect hunting in the future.

11-28-2018, 11:02 AM
Lets go guys! We are only at ~$6000. That means at MOST only 60 guys have donated (assuming $100 donations, and nobody has donated more).

To those who have donated - thanks!! To the thousands more who have not - step up!! This is for you!!

Rhyno
11-28-2018, 03:56 PM
Okay to those who haven't donated let's put my donation into perspective. I am recently separated and have had the SH$T kick out of my finances, yet I still deemed this important enough to make a $100 donation happen. Imagine losing our opportunity to hunt in the next decade....I don't think you will be missing the money but you will certainly be missing the hunting or your children will. Consider this an investment.

bownut
11-28-2018, 07:11 PM
Its on its way, and as always keep up the good work!

Arctic Lake
11-28-2018, 08:44 PM
Okay to those who haven't donated let's put my donation into perspective. I am recently separated and have had the SH$T kick out of my finances, yet I still deemed this important enough to make a $100 donation happen. Imagine losing our opportunity to hunt in the next decade....I don't think you will be missing the money but you will certainly be missing the hunting or your children will. Consider this an investment.

Good on ya for reaching deep during tuff times Rhyno ! Life will get better trust me I know !
Arctic Lake

LBM
11-28-2018, 09:59 PM
Any were to see what there video or message actual says or do we have to wait till its out.

Weatherby Fan
11-28-2018, 10:04 PM

Ive been there to buddy hang in there, just as AL says it gets better, just takes time partner

11-29-2018, 09:08 AM
Keep it going guys!

VLD43
11-29-2018, 09:41 AM
Any were to see what there video or message actual says or do we have to wait till its out.

Go to the link to the wild sheep society of bc at the beginning of this thread.

11-29-2018, 08:04 PM
Pretty quiet here today. Back to the top this goes

LBM
11-29-2018, 08:47 PM
Go to the link to the wild sheep society of bc at the beginning of this thread.

Yes but was wondering if there was a link to what they are actually showing.

11-29-2018, 08:51 PM
Yes but was wondering if there was a link to what they are actually showing.

Not yet, but early in the new year

LBM
11-29-2018, 08:59 PM
Not yet, but early in the new year

Ok Thank you

Arctic Lake
11-30-2018, 10:22 AM
Fellas, it sure would be great if when you log on to HBC every day you saw someone made another donation to this very worthy cause . Anything that advocates for hunters in this province is a BONUS for us . If it goes it will be gone ! WE would all miss it for sure !
Arctic Lake

stinkyduck
11-30-2018, 11:03 AM
I easily spend many thousands of dollars on guns every year. A hundred bucks is a drop in the pot!!

m5wilson
12-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Donated!

Great cause, seems like a worth while donation. Still not sure on how this may be accomplished but definitely worth the effort. Hunting in general needs to be promoted and anyone who hunts should support every other kind of hunting whether or not they would choose to participate themselves. As long as it is legal and the science backs the possibility of harvest for a given population it's all good.

This was a bit of off topic rant but I have been reading a lot more posts than I comment on and there is a lot of division between hunters unfortunately.

12-01-2018, 06:07 PM
Thanks again to all those donating

12-03-2018, 09:19 AM
It's December now! Christmas is getting close. Think about donating as a Christmas gift to all those hunters coming behind us.

stinkyduck
12-03-2018, 07:06 PM
https://leaderpost.com/news/local-news/why-guns-are-essential-for-rural-life-in-saskatchewan?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3O2FZjLvpFLvPHC9esE9vj4IsgXHMky7ClIOpaM nm7HoUpm77ja527uZo#Echobox=1543325586

12-04-2018, 09:30 AM
To the top!

Bugle M In
12-04-2018, 11:48 AM
325, good on you for keeping this going.
I can see that 100,000 registered hunters in BC, all contributing 100$ would add up to 10 million$ for
campaigning, which I know is needed to do it, money wise to run it, and a campaign because we need it in light of
all the Anti stuff that is floating around these days.

I do wonder, has anyone approached organizations like the NRA for funding?
Lets face it, it seems hunting is going to be the only "legitimate" reason to own firearms one day soon.
Eventually most States in the US will ban them for "protection use" considering all the backlash that goes on everytime a shooting happens, which seems to be every other day down there.
I would think organizations like that would donate to the cause.

Incredible when you think how all the Anti's seem to get money from organizations and even Independents to fight against us all the time, yet we seem to have limited resources to fight back.

Arctic Lake
12-04-2018, 01:59 PM
325, good on you for keeping this going.
I can see that 100,000 registered hunters in BC, all contributing 100$ would add up to 10 million$ for
campaigning, which I know is needed to do it, money wise to run it, and a campaign because we need it in light of
all the Anti stuff that is floating around these days.

I do wonder, has anyone approached organizations like the NRA for funding?
Lets face it, it seems hunting is going to be the only "legitimate" reason to own firearms one day soon.
Eventually most States in the US will ban them for "protection use" considering all the backlash that goes on everytime a shooting happens, which seems to be every other day down there.
I would think organizations like that would donate to the cause.

Incredible when you think how all the Anti's seem to get money from organizations and even Independents to fight against us all the time, yet we seem to have limited resources to fight back.

Bugle M In . Good idea there ! I also wondered about Rifle manufactures , Ammunition manufactures , Reloading suppliers. Cammo clothing manufactures .etc........ Anything related to hunting and shooting ! Maybe the WSS of B.C. could chime in here .
Arctic Lake

12-04-2018, 02:09 PM
Bugle M In . Good idea there ! I also wondered about Rifle manufactures , Ammunition manufactures , Reloading suppliers. Cammo clothing manufactures .etc........ Anything related to hunting and shooting ! Maybe the WSS of B.C. could chime in here .
Arctic Lake

We are definitely going to be bringing in larger sponsors. Once we have a developed program and something more tangible to show, I’m confident we will have industry partners.

The Hermit
12-04-2018, 03:01 PM
Just saw the thread, donation made.

Weatherby Fan
12-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Here's a teaser of one of the prizes were going to raffle off when we run our Hunter Heritage Raffle Fundraiser on HBC, I can't wait to get my copy of Bills Book.

https://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j466/WeatherbyFan65/IMG_5509_zps1mbr5y4o.jpg (https://s1087.photobucket.com/user/WeatherbyFan65/media/IMG_5509_zps1mbr5y4o.jpg.html)

RE1960
12-04-2018, 04:12 PM
Just donated .

Rattler
12-04-2018, 04:25 PM
$100 just donated. Good on you 325 for raising awareness about this important cause.

12-04-2018, 05:02 PM
$100 just donated. Good on you 325 for raising awareness about this important cause.

Thanks Rattler, Hermit and RE1960!

mwj
12-04-2018, 06:40 PM
I just got off the phone with a buddy. Instead of buying Christmas gifts for each other we both donated $100 to hunter heritage.

12-04-2018, 07:32 PM
I just got off the phone with a buddy. Instead of buying Christmas gifts for each other we both donated $100 to hunter heritage.

Right on!! That’s a great idea!

Arctic Lake
12-05-2018, 08:03 AM
We are definitely going to be bringing in larger sponsors. Once we have a developed program and something more tangible to show, I’m confident we will have industry partners.

Sounds Good !
Arctic Lake

wideopenthrottle
12-05-2018, 09:05 AM
donated 100.... I hope we can all scrape a c note together to help the cause

12-05-2018, 09:12 AM
Thanks wideopenthrottle!

wideopenthrottle
12-05-2018, 12:06 PM
not sure what happened but it took out $100 twice when I donated...

Weatherby Fan
12-05-2018, 12:09 PM

Your account must be overflowing !

12-05-2018, 12:11 PM

PM sent......

wideopenthrottle
12-05-2018, 12:20 PM
Your account must be overflowing !
yes overflowing with debt heheheh

12-05-2018, 03:56 PM

All fixed! First time that has happened

wideopenthrottle
12-05-2018, 04:03 PM
All fixed! First time that has happened

yes thanks for sorting that out from your end...still curious why it happened but... no harm in the end!!!!

12-06-2018, 10:18 AM
Keep it rolling boys!

knothead
12-06-2018, 07:32 PM
Lets keep this going, time to do your part if you can't help by writing letters or giving of your time fear not! its OK to be an armchair activist and throw money at the problem so others can put it to good ends! :grin:
I know it's almost Christmas and money may be a bit tight but come on shoot a couple boxes less and throw the money to a good cause!

12-07-2018, 05:24 PM
Let’s keep this going. I know lots of you have yet to donate. All hunters stand to benefit from this campaign. Don’t be the type that complains that something needs to be done, then hide in the shadows when someone is actually doing something, and asks so little of you. All the volunteer hours, meetings, planning, etc. are being done by others. The only ask of you (and by “you”, I mean those who’ve yet to donate) is a small donation. Step up.

Arctic Lake
12-07-2018, 05:27 PM
Let’s keep this going. I know lots of you have yet to donate. All hunters stand to benefit from this campaign. Don’t be the type that complains that something needs to be done, then hide in the shadows when someone is actually doing something, and asks so little of you. All the volunteer hours, meetings, planning, etc. are being done by others. The only ask of you (and by “you”, I mean those who’ve yet to donate) is a small donation. Step up.
Here Here !

Greenthumbed
12-07-2018, 07:15 PM
There is lots of folks on this forum talking about hunters needing to band together for a common goal and hunters needing some strong leadership to get behind. Well, I think this might be some of what all those hunters are looking for! Come on folks!

12-08-2018, 11:18 AM
To the top!!

12-08-2018, 12:18 PM
If there ever was a cause for Hunters to Protect their hunting heritage and traditions.......
This is the Best Ive seen to try to accomplish it.

Get involved, donate any thing you can.

Your hunting future is being taken away bit by bit by the Anti movement.

Jordan f.
12-10-2018, 06:30 PM
I don't know how to word this. So I'll try my best.

First of all. Finally someone is stepping up! Thank you.

Now I just want to bring an idea, or perspective, that may or may not already be on the radar. The "hunter image" within young academia. Changing this alone, can save hunting. Here is my thoughts.

Whether we like it or not. Our Universities, professors, and more importantly our STUDENTS...shape our world. How many are caught off guard by the extreme SJW ideals in North America? Talk to a professor.. these ideas started WAY before any of us felt it. They were taught to students, who then graduated and began pushing them on the real world. Here we are in 2018, and many of the people starting to call the shots, learned those things 10years ago. With most (if not all) social ideas, it comes from the world of academia first.

Meat Eater... this image of a hunter not just being Bubba driving around in a pick up drinking beer and shooting animals.. it's resonating with the younger crowd. Even my non-hunter city friends (between the age of 20-30) love that show and now think hunting is great (even if they don't hunt). We can't rely on a single political party. The Librals won't always be in power. So we need the young 20 year old kids at Uvic who vote NDP to understand what hunting is. You can be cynical all you want. I've seen it happen countless times. I have VEGAN friends who go out of their way to ask about my hunting trips. Because it's presented to them in a new way they can actually get on board with. Hunting needs an image that moves beyond "city vs country", "left vs right"... it can be done. Just look at the reception Meat Eater gets WHILE ON NETFLIX, versus some show on Wild TV. So many non hunters hear that I hunt and go "you ever watch that meat eater show? Man it's cool!". And those are the very same 25year old university kids most think "are against us".

I believe there is a women who posted her caribou hunt on here? Jenny maybe? That story was so well written, I wanted to show it to all my non-hunter friends and say "read this!". And people will. The people who right now are graduating with political science degrees or biology degrees.. who are going to go on and work in BC politics, or teach at BC universities and set up the next generations of young adults who will go on to be policy makers. They'll read it. Her blog alone is doing our community so much.

Please. Work with with Universities of BC, the students, put money towards getting well written stories like hers out to the general public. Invest in creating a generation of city kids who see hunting for what it is. A love of nature and wild places.

Does this at all make sense? Maybe I am ranting.

Too long to read: Invest in BC's Universities.

12-10-2018, 06:53 PM
Good thoughts for sure. Our outreach will target urban non-hunters, of all ages, but having specific elements of the campaign that target universities may be something we can look into.

Of course all this requires money! Have you donated??

Jordan f.
12-10-2018, 06:59 PM
Good thoughts for sure. Our outreach will target urban non-hunters, of all ages, but having specific elements of the campaign that target universities may be something we can look into.

Of course all this requires money! Have you donated??

Get paid on Friday. Will donate then!

12-10-2018, 07:11 PM
Get paid on Friday. Will donate then!

Thanks. Honestly, I think this campaign will yield the results we all want. It will undoubtedly evolve over the months and years as it grows. Keep pitching ideas though, as we all need to have a vested interest in this

Jordan f.
12-10-2018, 07:15 PM
Even simple things like providing CORE courses at the Universities would be great. I always hear people here (Calgary) say they wish they could hunt.. but that initial barrier can be intimidating. Being able to take the course after a class with a few friends, may be the push some of those on the fence, need.

Brew
12-10-2018, 07:55 PM
Don’t stop at universities we need to get into the elementary schools and younger grades before these kids get too embedded in their brainwashing and social engineering. I have mounts that I would be willing to get toured around to help educate these future Canadians.

northernguy
12-10-2018, 08:08 PM
My Dad taught grade 5 for years. One of the most anticipated field trips was to the local taxidermist shop where the kids got to see and touch the work. It was a big hit...a huge hit actually. Grade 4 kids would ask to be in my dad's class just because they had heard of the trip!

Years later my Dad runs into former students who say that that field trip sparked their interest in wilderness, conservation, and for some even hunting. Ask his former students what they remember about grade 5 and most will tell you "all the animals and the beehive in the class room" and "that field trip where we learned how big a Grizzly Bear REALLY is!!"

That was 20 plus years ago...bet Dad couldn't get away with that now. Too bad because it was really popular with the kids and many parents.

Back on topic...I'm budgeting for a second donation when the second draw gets lined out. Come on fellas...help lower the odds of me winning the draw:-D!

12-12-2018, 10:48 AM
Let's keep going!

f350ps
12-15-2018, 07:13 PM
Done, took all of one minute, time to step up guys before we are all f***ed!!! The anti's are winning all the battles! K

12-15-2018, 08:25 PM
Done, took all of one minute, time to step up guys before we are all f***ed!!! The anti's are winning all the battles! K

Thanks f350ps. You’re right. The antis have been winning the battles. We will win the war.

12-17-2018, 09:29 AM
Come on guys! For those who have not donated, consider donating. It's like a Christmas present to future generations of outdoors men and women!

f350ps
12-26-2018, 03:58 PM
Bumping this up for the ones that haven't donated yet! K

Kilwinning
12-26-2018, 04:57 PM
Done and painless.

silvertipp
12-26-2018, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the reminder

Angus
12-27-2018, 10:13 AM
Done. Even though I have recently left Beautiful BC, I plan to be back one day.

Cheers to all who have put this initiative together, and to those who have supported it via their donations.

Luka77
12-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Done. Great initiative!

xfactor
12-28-2018, 02:21 PM
Donated...lets go lets go lets go!! can't complain about losing our hunting rights if we don't do anything about it!!

untilthelastbeat
12-28-2018, 03:26 PM
Donation sent and link sent to all hunting buddies

12-28-2018, 03:30 PM
Thanks to all those donating!!

luckofthedraw
01-03-2019, 04:46 AM
Thank you for those taking the initiative for this!

01-08-2019, 04:17 PM
To the top!

dapesche
01-08-2019, 04:37 PM
Thank you 325.

$100 to a great program.

dangol2789
01-10-2019, 10:19 AM
donation sent last night!

Rieber
01-10-2019, 10:56 AM
I donated a few days ago but does the Sheep society issue an actual ticket number for the draw or ??? I did receive a receipt but it doesn't say anything about a ticket for the draw. Did anyone receive a draw ticket number?

01-10-2019, 11:45 AM
I donated a few days ago but does the Sheep society issue an actual ticket number for the draw or ??? I did receive a receipt but it doesn't say anything about a ticket for the draw. Did anyone receive a draw ticket number?

No tickets, free giveaway to someone randomly selected

Rieber
01-10-2019, 02:43 PM
No tickets, free giveaway to someone randomly selected

Perfect - no more concerns. Thanks. Sure is a nice fundraiser - great cause and opportunity.

Weatherby Fan
01-10-2019, 02:47 PM
I’d love to win a new Tikka Rifle......

Weatherby Fan
01-10-2019, 10:11 PM
Ok just a few more days and we can get started on the 2nd Hunter Heritage Raffle, we have some great prizes to raffle off for a great cause.

Arctic Lake
01-11-2019, 08:51 AM
Ok just a few more days and we can get started on the 2nd Hunter Heritage Raffle, we have some great prizes to raffle off for a great cause.

Sounds great WF ! So Good of you to do this for a great cause !
Arctic Lake

01-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Last push boys! The vast majority of HBC members have NOT donated....lets change that!!

VLD43
01-12-2019, 06:52 PM
Last push boys! The vast majority of HBC members have NOT donated....lets change that!!
That is pretty sad. For all the "entitlement" and heated discussion I read on this site about how hard done by resident hunters are in this province. When given the chance to actually "step up" and put their money where their mouth is,, they go silent.

Arctic Lake
01-13-2019, 11:32 AM
That is pretty sad. For all the "entitlement" and heated discussion I read on this site about how hard done by resident hunters are in this province. When given the chance to actually "step up" and put their money where their mouth is,, they go silent.

Yep makes sense to me ,!
Arctic Lake

01-16-2019, 11:18 AM
Name has been drawn! The winner of the rifle has been notified and we are awaiting his response

Rieber
01-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Name has been drawn! The winner of the rifle has been notified and we are awaiting his response

There must be some mistake - I didn't receive the notification yet.

Congrats to whomever won this wonderful offering. Hopefully someone on this site.

Jordan f.
01-16-2019, 02:00 PM

Just got paid. I'll tuck a few dollars away for it!

Arctic Lake
01-16-2019, 05:52 PM
Congrats to the winner ! Yes, hope it was someone on here ! I will be in like Flynn on the next one as well !
Arctic Lake

Jordan f.
01-23-2019, 02:16 PM

Any news on this?

Weatherby Fan
01-23-2019, 02:45 PM
Any news on this?

Yes they want to wait to run the raffle in conjunction with announcement/introduction of the program at the WSS of BC’s convention in Kamloops.