PDA

View Full Version : Hunting around Prince George area

2La
11-13-2018, 10:49 PM
Hi to all,
recently moved to PG for work and I’m trying to catch the end of muley season. So far I’ve been just trying to find sign on the bobtail, but it seems it’s all wolf tracks or hunters. If someone would point me in the right direction I’d be greatful.

thanks,
-2La

todbartell
11-13-2018, 10:55 PM
Williams Lake

RackStar
11-14-2018, 03:42 AM
South or east 1.5 hrs

Wild one
11-14-2018, 07:25 AM
South or east 1.5 hrs

If you head east it’s mainly a private property hunt. I would go south myself

moosinaround
11-14-2018, 10:41 AM
Lets just say, find fresh deer sign, and hunt that area. Ive been out quite a bit around PG, and we all better lay a beat down on predators this winter!! I have not cut many fresh deer tracks, but when I do find them, there are usually wolf tracks not too far behind! I'd head south, or north for deer, like 3 hours north, or 2-3 hours south! Not trying to steer you clear of anywhere, but it is effin skimpy for deer around PG!! Moosin

emerson
11-14-2018, 09:21 PM
Lets just say, find fresh deer sign, and hunt that area. Ive been out quite a bit around PG, and we all better lay a beat down on predators this winter!! I have not cut many fresh deer tracks, but when I do find them, there are usually wolf tracks not too far behind! I'd head south, or north for deer, like 3 hours north, or 2-3 hours south! Not trying to steer you clear of anywhere, but it is effin skimpy for deer around PG!! Moosin
Yes. I’ve seen tracks in river bottoms with THICK steep sides. I will look around there a bit more before the season is over but not much hope.

JSaw
11-17-2018, 09:40 AM
I moved to PG almost 2 years ago now from the Okanagan. Very different for deer hunting to say the least.. they are around PG, both WT and Mule deer. But it's all thick thick bush and can be difficult to hunt. The Bobtail area does hold some good Mulies but you need to get off the road if you haven't already. Well off the road.

Like it's been mentioned in previous posts, North, South or East is where the deer hunting gets better. But if you aren't willing to drive a couple hours you'll need to get out and find the sign. Took me a good couple months of scouting and hunting to find a decent area, I ended up with a 4 pt Mulie towards the end of November last season.

Goodluck!

heybert
11-18-2018, 01:39 PM
Try around Walker and Dome Creek. Lots of crown land there.