PDA

View Full Version : New Ownership for Riverjet Adventures.

MtnBoy
11-11-2018, 07:18 PM
Hi HBC Community,

I thought I should post something here as I have had the pleasure of meeting many of you over the years. For those that do not know me, I own and operate Riverjet Adventures based out of Fort Nelson. I offer riverboat transport up the Muskwa and Tuchodi Rivers. Providing BC Resident hunters access to the back country is something I feel strongly about. I am pleased to say there will be a new face behind Riverjet for the upcoming season and beyond. Jason and Frances Palfy will be taking over the operation. Jason is also a strong believer in BC Resident hunting and access, as well as one hell of a boat operator. Everything will remain the same except that Jason will be rolling the rocks in the river instead of myself. This was a huge decision for our Family and I am excited for what the future brings...

HBC members have been supporting Riverjet from day 1 and I want to say THANK YOU so much for supporting me.

All the Best,
Kevin

New contact for trip info and bookings...

Jason and Frances Palfy
Email:
riverjetadventures@gmail.com

J- 250-262-1290
F- 250-261-0238

srupp
11-11-2018, 09:03 PM
Thank you Kevin. .while you operated Riverjet Adventures I heard nothing but positive reports.when I travelled with you..your obvious skill of your craft..and safety being paramount to anything else.friendly and knowledgeable. .it was a pleasure to use your services.
I hope the future holds health and happiness. .and pleasant positive changes..
Cheers
Steven Rupp
Williams Lake

Rampager
11-12-2018, 09:03 AM
Kevin, your knowledge about the river and the wildlife in the area will surely be hard to replicate! Thank you for helping us with our trip a few years back and we look forward to going with Jason next year!
-J

Rackmastr
11-12-2018, 09:12 AM
Congrats Kevin and good luck in whatever the future brings you and your family!

Good luck to Jason and Frances, and look forward to dealing with them sometime in the future.

Kevin, it was a pleasure dealing with you from a professional standpoint and really appreciate that trip over many others. I look forward to catching up over a drink sometime and telling some stories.

dino
11-12-2018, 12:36 PM
You were a great owner especially comparred to the guy you bought the business from.

REMINGTON JIM
11-12-2018, 01:50 PM
Good LUCK in any New Venture you do - All the BEST to you and your Family ! :smile: Cheers RJ

Deaddog
11-12-2018, 05:05 PM
Started with kevin from his first year out. After 16 different trips with him I can honestly say I have never seen a more dedicated , service oriented business owner. From jet boating up tons of guys and gear , to dropping by camp with fresh bakery goods and a refill on refreshments, he always had our best interests in mind. We have taken a number of sheep , elk and moose with kevin and were never as a camp skunked on a trip Kevin took us on. The river will miss you Kev. The number of people you helped out when boats crashed, broke down or needed parts is un countable. You efforts in conservation and the amount you have given back is something to be admired. Kev, you will be missed , thanks for your time on the river. Best of luck to the new owners , looking forward to the next trip up there!

spear
11-12-2018, 05:23 PM
End of an Era. Hats off to you sir, thank you for 3 incredible trips. Now you better visit more often

Elkhound
11-12-2018, 09:13 PM
All the best to you and your family in your new adventure and all the best to the new face of Riverjet

huntcoop
11-12-2018, 09:20 PM
I was hoping to get a ride from Kevin in 2020. Damn, his knowledge and reputation was what we were banking on.

Taylor329
11-14-2018, 02:58 AM
Kevin,
It has been an honour and pleasure to use your services several times. Myself, my father, and our old friend Harald thoroughly enjoyed each and every trip on the river with you. I had both my first sheep and first elk success while hunting from Tuchodi River after having you drop off my Dad and I. The passion and professionalism you show to both the hunters, and the animals we chase, is unparalleled. Thank you for helping to give me life long memories of northern hunts.

Cheers to you and your family, and good luck with your future endeavours. Maybe we will meet again someday, until then, happy hunting.

gathto
11-16-2018, 10:30 AM
Kevin;

Thanks for all of the great adventures we had thanks to your skills, knowledge and dedication to our sport. I will have great memories to recount thanks to you.

Good luck in your future endeavors. I know you will do well with anything you choose to do.

Garth, Hank and Peter.

Islandeer
06-12-2019, 06:29 AM
Hello all,

Any reports on the new operation?

chinooker
06-13-2019, 12:50 PM
Hello all,

I hunted with Kevin in 2015 and in 2018, Kevin’s (helper) Jason was our boat captain for the trip in, he was excellent and riverjet is in good hands with Jason at the helm. I’m booked again for sept and looking forward to it!!

RiverOtter
06-13-2019, 05:27 PM
Knew you sold the ship Kevin, just didn't see this thread until now. :smile:

Anywho, thanks for all the knowledge, memories and help over the years. As has been stated already, customer service was always second to none and your character was superb. Always went the extra mile and often beyond, especially when the kids tagged along.

I wish you all the best in your future adventures and endeavours.

Clint.

Islandeer
06-14-2019, 05:57 AM
We are booked with Jason in mid September, for elk.
cant come soon enough!!!

corywilson13
06-17-2019, 02:54 PM
Start of September for us, bags are packed and ready to go!

Bones
07-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Both Guy Scott and Kevin were excellent operators and people .I am sure Jason is as well .Hopefully elk numbers are coming back and wolfs starving out .Elk sure had taken a beating from them a few years back .

Rampager
07-03-2019, 08:56 PM
I've been told a concentrated effort by local trappers and outfitters were very successful at reducing the wolf population on the Tuchodi/Mukswa last winter. Maybe a couple years of similar action will make a difference to the elk population!

Rampager
09-15-2019, 08:25 PM
Hello all,

We just got back after spending two weeks up the Tuchodi going in/out with Jason. Jason's boat operating skills seemed just as good as Kevin's and he navigated the river well. He accommodated us with a mid-hunt change of schedule as best as he could which was appreciated. I think the biggest change will be losing Kevin's expert knowledge of hunting in the area gained over the decade plus that he ran the business. We had our camp location and hunt plan pre-determined based on previous hunts there so didn't rely on Jason to assist in that regard but he definitely has some big shoes to fill, and only time will tell how that goes.

white moose
09-15-2019, 08:47 PM
Rampager, any luck up there?

Rampager
09-18-2019, 06:16 PM
Rampager, any luck up there?

No animals harvested but we had no shortage of action either. We saw lots of sheep including a couple dozen rams but none were legal, a couple were really close though. We got into a couple elk but couldn't close the deal and were close again on a tripalm bull moose. Didn't see or hear any wolves in 2 weeks and saw 1 grizz from afar. The weather was great though so I'd call that a bit of luck!