PDA

View Full Version : This is Bow Hunting Underwater

rose
11-11-2018, 11:41 AM
I know, some might call this fishing, but I swear it is hunting underwater. The sighting, stalking, strategy and finally the shot. A new way to harvest some great wild meat with the family:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biBzpW2ekT4

willyqbc
11-11-2018, 01:56 PM
yeah....looks fun! Unfortunately, almost all the tasty fish are a no go for this in B.C.

From the regs

spear fish … means to fish with a spear oran arrow that is propelled by a spring, anelastic band, compressed air, a bow or byhand. Only non-game fish (such as carp)may be speared, except burbot which mayalso be speared in Regions 3, 5, 6, 7 and8. No spear fishing of any other game fish(as defined on page 96), pacific salmon orprotected species (page 10) is permittedanywhere in B.C. No spear fishing of anykind is permitted in Region 1.

HarryToolips
11-11-2018, 03:13 PM
^^^^ya it a shame isnt it....love your vids Rose..

MOOSE MILK
11-11-2018, 05:20 PM
Used to shoot suckers in Ontario with bow and arrow, good eating lots of bones though.
My Grandad used to run a net across a river and us kids would be down river and through rocks and hit the water with sticks and drive em up to the net. Grandad salted em in big wooden barrels for the winter supply of fish.

rose
11-11-2018, 08:25 PM
Thanks Harry, I'm glad that you enjoy them!