PDA

View Full Version : equipment failure

sealevel
09-09-2007, 06:26 PM
I went bowhunting for the weekend checked all of my stuff over real well . had spare bow but what i didn`t have was a spare quiver . and thats what i broke was the mount for my qwikee quiver way up on a sidehill. what a pain trying to still hunt and pack your arrows in one hand . finally i tyed it to my bow sling with part of my bootlaces. saw 4 deer all weekend one buck and a doe and two fawns .

BC4Bowhunter
09-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Had my quiver bust off my bow couple year ago in Alberta ended up tying it to my belt worked pretty good.

Cedarstrip
09-12-2007, 06:58 AM
I've gone to a hip quiver from the bow-mounted style for just that reason. The mounted ones also throw the balance of your bow off. Hip ones are handy for the range too!

Bow Walker
09-12-2007, 08:25 AM
I went bowhunting for the weekend checked all of my stuff over real well . had spare bow but what i didn`t have was a spare quiver . and thats what i broke was the mount for my qwikee quiver way up on a sidehill. what a pain trying to still hunt and pack your arrows in one hand . finally i tyed it to my bow sling with part of my bootlaces. saw 4 deer all weekend one buck and a doe and two fawns .

That's one of the reasons that I use a 2-piece quiver on the bow. Either that or a hip quiver (which is not too good for stalking through the bush). Sucks to have equipment break though.

Bowzone_Mikey
09-12-2007, 08:59 PM
ya thats why i use a peice as well .... when I used the Kwikee ... I had a few extra receivers for them and attached them to my stands ... when i got to where I was going I took the quiver off the bow and attached it to the stand or tree etc...