PDA

View Full Version : August moose hunt

BullseyeBL
11-05-2018, 08:19 PM
Hi everyone. I am looking for some advice regarding a fly in moose hunt in northern BC in late August 2019. This has been a dream of my dad's his whole life and he's turning 60 this year so we want to surprise him with this hunt. We cant afford to do a guided hunt so we are looking to do fly in with an outpost cabin that has boat rentals. My dads mobility is somewhat limited which is why we want to hunt primarily by boat. Ideally it would be nice to have a few options in terms of species, elk, caribou, deer, goat, as well as moose. I'm looking for suggestions on outfits that might offer something like this, specific areas that might be good, and just general advice on setting up a hunt like this. We are located in west central BC but are fine with driving to either Fort Nelson or Dease Lake to depart.

Thanks on advance!

pg83
11-05-2018, 08:26 PM
Urs in Muncho Lake offers that service. Not sure about anything out of Dease.

BullseyeBL
11-05-2018, 08:31 PM
Thanks, Ill look into that.

digger dogger
11-06-2018, 08:08 AM
Yes, talk to Urs.
Northern Rockies Lodge

elch jager
11-06-2018, 09:22 AM
Check out Rinella's latest season of Meateater - episode 2 and 3 I think... brought tears to my eyes. Steve and Janis bring Janis' dad on a fly in to Alaska... It was a pretty incredible hunt - just the thing to get you guys really motivated.

Sharpish
11-06-2018, 09:41 AM
All the small lakes around Dease have moose. The ones higher in elevation are more about caribou and sheep. I've flown in 3 times out of Dease and came out with 3 moose.