PDA

View Full Version : White Tail make or break!

Redthies
11-04-2018, 10:17 AM
I’m planning a trip back to one of my two “usual” spots next week. If you were of the betting type, would you bet on more action in 8-1 or 3-36? I have reasons to go to both areas, but just can’t make up my mind, and I NEED to cut my WT tag this year, so I’m not looking for trophy bucks, just a nice meat pile!

Thanks for any input!

Wild one
11-04-2018, 10:38 AM
8-01 just because I know the area better and have better pockets to hunt

Pick the MU according to where you think you have the best pocket to hunt for the time of year/conditions

Its not about miles it’s about yards when choosing where to hunt WT in my opinion. If you have a good pocket in an MU that sucks VS a good MU meh spots to hunt I would go with the first option

Redthies
11-04-2018, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I tend to agree. I have an old friend who has a 6 week long camp set up in 3-36, and I haven’t been hunting in that area myself since I was 17. 30 years later things may have changed. A lot. So I would be relying on him to be a bit of a guide. I’ll probably wait until a day or so before departure and see if he’s had eyes on any WT before I decide.

Blainer
11-04-2018, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I tend to agree. I have an old friend who has a 6 week long camp set up in 3-36, and I haven’t been hunting in that area myself since I was 17. 30 years later things may have changed. A lot. So I would be relying on him to be a bit of a guide. I’ll probably wait until a day or so before departure and see if he’s had eyes on any WT before I decide.6 weeks of camp in the area will have the answers to what your looking for.
What does he have hanging?
what has he seen?
Has he seen bucks in other trucks.
He holds all the answers

Wild one
11-04-2018, 02:00 PM
6 weeks of camp in the area will have the answers to what your looking for.
What does he have hanging?
what has he seen?
Has he seen bucks in other trucks.
He holds all the answers

That really depends if they have the same hunting style

Redthies
11-04-2018, 07:27 PM
That really depends if they have the same hunting style

We both hunt on foot. And yes, I’m thinking he’ll be dialed in.

I was hoping somebody woukd say “yeah, there’s lots of white tails in the Shuswap”. And from experience, not just ‘cause I asked you too!