PDA

View Full Version : West of Merritt for LEH Doe Nov 1st

coastcrickets
10-23-2018, 09:24 PM
Hi everyone, I've been hunting the 3-12, 8-5 regions for about a decade now. As a suggestion I put 3-13 as my second choice for MD doe this year.... and got it. I have never hunted 3-13 before, so I am heading up this weekend to scout around a bit.

Any suggestions, ideas, or outright sweet spots are welcome. If you can suggest where the doe will be Nov 1-30, I am willing to listen. If your suggestion gets me a deer, I'll be happy to buy a case of beer for you.

Thanks!

Wentrot
10-24-2018, 05:57 AM
Pick a road and get your doe.

bc_buckshot
10-24-2018, 06:37 AM
3 post ever and he is asking for outright sweet spot for any doe.....I have seen it all

RyoTHC
10-24-2018, 06:55 AM
3 post ever and he is asking for outright sweet spot for any doe.....I have seen it all

Seems to be a flood of posts like this...what happened to people contributing in some form before asking to have their hand held?

I feel as If you have been hunting for a decade as you stated you should have sweet **** all for problems finding the easiest deer possible in one of the most productive MUs in the province (3).

All I'll say is you better hope it doesn't snow before November 1 or good luck!

But since you asked doe honey holes there is one spot I know will hold does every single day... You're welcome to harvest one out of my herd since you asked so kindly.

As you come from the coast towards Merritt, take your exit off the coq and head west towards town.. stay on voght street and continue driving for what feels like an eternity. Eventually you'll come to a right turn called Maxwell Ave, drive all the way to the end of this dead end road... Approach quietly the cover can be scarce so putting stalk on them Is a bit tougher but this is a lush feed area that they use each evening before transitioning to their bedding area just a short hop and skip into the sage hillside!

Redthies
10-24-2018, 07:13 AM
Seems to be a flood of posts like this...what happened to people contributing in some form before asking to have their hand held?

People who need their hands held usually have sweet f&@# all to contribute...

Rieber
10-24-2018, 08:49 AM
Look on the map and find your way to S. Murray Lake. Keep heading north running parrallel to the Coqu. Stay on the main forest road so you don't get lost and eventually you will see the Mule doe standing just off the road. Just make sure it's not a guy standing beside his motorcycle taking a leak. Just keep driving back and forth on that road and you will eventually see your deer. Be aware that you can't shoot along Murray lake with all the people, cabins and it recreation park designation. Make sure you stay in the MU3-13 zone.
Or you can head towards Boston Bar and just before Boston Bar there is a road that spurs off very sharply, almost back onto itself when heading North. Drive that road up until you get to the power lines and then follow the powerlines far into 3-13. Watch the maps because you have to drive through 3-14 to get into 3-13. This will be a long drive and will result in expensive mule doe meat, however if you can not find and take a mule doe from this area you must consider giving up hunting and opting for flyfishing - of which I can sell you loads of flies and flyrods.

Rieber
10-24-2018, 10:59 AM
Okay no payment of beer or any of payment for me regardless of your success. I'm not a guide so I can't accept payment of any kind. Nice offer through.

Would Rather Be Fishing
10-24-2018, 11:15 AM
Just make sure it's not a guy standing beside his motorcycle taking a leak.

Ok that made me laugh! Thanks for that... but on second thought, that guy taking a leak could be ME, so, yeah....+1

coastcrickets
10-24-2018, 04:09 PM
I feel as If you have been hunting for a decade as you stated you should have sweet **** all for problems finding the easiest deer possible in one of the most productive MUs in the province (3).

All I'll say is you better hope it doesn't snow before November 1 or good luck!

But since you asked doe honey holes there is one spot I know will hold does every single day... You're welcome to harvest one out of my herd since you asked so kindly.

Thanks for the tip I apprecaite it. In regards to finding the deer, I didn't know this MU was one of the easiest. As I mentioned, I've never hunted the area. I'll let you know if I owe you beer!

coastcrickets
10-24-2018, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the tip. I've driven that lake before to fish Murray Lake so I am fairly familiar with the area up until the powerlines. Cheers!

coastcrickets
10-24-2018, 04:13 PM
People who need their hands held usually have sweet f&@# all to contribute...

If asking a question about an MU I've never hunted is getting my hand held I guess I'll be waiting for you to come pick me up and drive me up there as well to get the full hand-holding experience. I'll be waiting on my stoop Nov 1st, rifle in hand!