PDA

View Full Version : area 342

cfree
10-20-2018, 08:19 PM
Anybody have any luck with Moose this year? How were the wolf packs? I was up there last year and heard wolves howling every night.

cfree
10-23-2018, 08:34 AM
Ok, I guess there are no hunters in the Adams Lake area. Good to hear, I have been going up there for the last 5 years with buddies that live up there. Last year we got moose, whities and mulies. Heading up Thursday for a week to fill some tags. Good luck out there!

Danny_29
10-23-2018, 09:18 AM
I would be curious how it is. I just moved to the area but haven't been out that way yet.

butcher
10-23-2018, 01:14 PM
Talked to a group up there this weekend that had seen nothing in a week. Don’t know what kind of hunters they were.

dana
10-23-2018, 05:03 PM
Very few guys have even seen a moose this year but many still put in for those low odds thinking the moose hunting is easy. Good luck. Not a tag I'd care to have.

604ksmith
10-23-2018, 06:22 PM
I was just up in 3-42 for the weekend. There were 3 major camps setup that I saw with 2-4 vehicles each, wall tents, trailers and the kind of setup that makes it seem they'll be there awhile.

From Friday night to Sunday mid-day I saw 10+ grouse, 3 mule doe, 1 lynx, moderate moose and elk sign, minimal bear sign and heard no wolves. We were on both sides of the Adams river, from the lake up past TumTum. Snow level is high with only 2-3 inches of hardback in the shadows.

Shuswap guy
10-23-2018, 06:33 PM
Saw zero moose, 10 mulie does, 3 black bears and one big grizzly way back behind Scotch Creek. Was there for a week. One group we met stumbled across a spike fork, the only moose they saw the whole time they were there.

elch jager
10-23-2018, 09:55 PM
Had that draw last year - there for 10 days saw one cow moose. Three cow elk and heard two bulls bugling... no deer. Lots of wolf shit. Spoke to the gentleman that traps the area. He hadn't seen a bull up there in a few years, although if there are cows there will be a bull not far away. he has trapped 70 wolves over the last 10 years from 3-42 and they are still there in numbers. I have since heard that you should float the river... not much river access if you are not on it.

walks with deer
10-23-2018, 10:25 PM
started scouting 338 last may 1.moose sighting

gay

cfree
10-24-2018, 07:45 AM
Well looks like there are hunters up there after all. Wolves have been a problem up there for years but there is game around Adams Lake, you just have to find it. Saw a nice herd of Elk swimming the Adams River last year, 200 yards away from our camp, nice to see. I will give an update when I get back. One of my buddies got his 3x2 mulie in this area last weekend. Good luck for the last week of any buck month!

cfree
10-24-2018, 07:48 AM
Get up in the hills after the first snow, lots of moose tracks but still hard to connect. They have been spooked by all the wolf activity.

cfree
11-05-2018, 05:29 AM
Was up there for the last 5 days of October but didn’t connect with anything legal. Warm weather and no snow was unusual for this area. Saw Mulie does but the boys were hiding. Lots of moose signs and more moose crap than I have seen in years. Conversely, a lot less wolf signs this year. Looks like some of the predator control is having an impact.

elch jager
11-05-2018, 09:00 PM
..... a lot less wolf signs this year. Looks like some of the predator control is having an impact.

Big Thank you! to Brian Dack, the local wolf control expert... seems he is making a difference.

Danny_29
11-05-2018, 09:05 PM
Had a buddy catch a half decent bull on a trail cam a week ago. So they do exist haha

Redthies
11-06-2018, 05:16 AM
One of my good friends has been set up there for a few weeks now (he’d be one of the wall tents you guys saw) and said he didn’t see any bulls, and no legal bucks as of yet. He’s there regularly and says it is a very slow season so far.