PDA

View Full Version : Tuchodi Bound!

Ramshot
09-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Well as I sit here and think did I forget anything (always do!) I reflect on past hunts on Northern BC's Tuchodi river valley. Always lots of game, good people one runs into, and always good partners. Elk bugling at night when the moon is out and the mercury drops. Mist coming off the river and with a coffee in hand wondering what the day will bring! I'm hoping to finally meet Tuchodi (from this site) as we have conversed by e-mail, and Deaddog who is going up next week with Riverjet Adventures. I got Rockdoctors phone # and hope to see him before or after our trip. I've waited all year since I loaded my jet-boat on the trailer and left to when I get to drop her in the Muskwa and begin the adventure again. This is what gets my adrenaline going right up to when I put that jet-boat back on the trailer. Good luck to everyone this fall! Ramshot.;-)

Stone Sheep Steve
09-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Best of Luck, Darrell!!

Now it's my turn to be jealous!!

Have a great trip and keep your boat between the rocks.

Be safe.

SSS

Rock Doctor
09-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Good luck Ramshot,
Hope to see you on your way through.

orion
09-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Have a great hunt, Ramshot. 8 more sleeps and I'm on my way up to join you.:D

4 point
09-07-2007, 11:15 AM
I started flying in there in the mid sixtes. The local guide for that area sure didn't want us in there at all. Suttle pressure was put on the only local charter guy to not take us in but Steve never let us down. Two weeks in was the norm. Lots of game once one figured out where they were and when. Two day hike out from base camp were the norm with some tough sledding up hill, crossing creeks etc.. Probably the greatest single hunting experiences I have had. I have had many more days spend out in the bush since those days in many great areas, none quite like that area how ever. I haven't been back since late 70's. I wonder what it is really like now......

Rock Doctor
09-07-2007, 11:26 AM
I wonder what it is really like now......

Not too much different, IF you are willing to put a few miles on your boots. My experience has been that most guys don't want to walk any farther than they can shoot.;-)

4 point
09-07-2007, 11:41 AM
That is same down south be it for a hunt of a couple hours, a day or more. It's drive, try and see it, shoot it or forget it. To bad because there is so much more if they only new what they were missing.

alremkin
09-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Looking at the title of your post...isn't that a little like saying you've got a try-out in Heaven? Good luck from what I've seen it been fairly damp up norht so far. I'm heading up for my moose draw at Burns Lake Sunday...