PDA

View Full Version : Help fellow hunters in 3-17

brouse.mike
10-04-2018, 07:10 AM
Hello

Looking for some help from fellow hunters.

I have my annual birthday weekend hunting trip coming up Nov 3rd weekend.
This year I have a Doe draw for 3-17 so that area is our plan.
Looking to go up Lytton -> Spences Bridge side, up Botanie Creek Road.
Have never been in that area before.

A friend, who this year was supplying the pick up and travel trailer and I was supplying the 2 jeeps, had some mechanical failure and we are not not able to use his rig.
My rig is stripped for winter upgrades so that is not an option.

We are now looking at staying in a hotel in the area from the Friday to Monday.

Looking for general input on the area. Anyone have recommendations for a hotel close to hunting access?
We are open to other areas within 3-17, as I mentioned we have never been there before.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

shleebs
10-04-2018, 08:28 AM
Hi Mike,

Myself and two others just spent the entire weekend around 3-17 and didn't see much aside from a few bears (one that nearly ran me over) and some wolf sign. We logged a lot of miles and didn't see much in terms of deer sign. We were mostly on the north/central east side of the zone so you may want try another area within the zone.

Good luck!

brouse.mike
10-04-2018, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the heads up!

RyoTHC
10-04-2018, 08:51 AM
Hi Mike,

Myself and two others just spent the entire weekend around 3-17 and didn't see much aside from a few bears (one that nearly ran me over) and some wolf sign. We logged a lot of miles and didn't see much in terms of deer sign. We were mostly on the north/central east side of the zone so you may want try another area within the zone.

Good luck!

Out of curiousity how much time did you spend out of the truck? I just spent 4 days in this area and have seen more does and young bucks than anywhere else and tonnes and tonnes of deer sign pretty much immediately after walking 500m from a road. Some wolf sign but nothing major.

Jelvis
10-04-2018, 08:51 AM
MU 3-17
Lytton-Lillooet - Hwy 12

Several roads lead off Hwy 12 into Mu 3-17

=-ll---> The Botanie Creek road runs north just beyond the Lytton bridge, connects with Izman Creek and Upper Hat Creek roads. From Hwy 12, just south of Marble Canyon, another road runs up towards Upper Hat Creek.
--------> MU 3-17 is largely range land, with a number of ranches <------------
- Watch for private land and close all gates behind you. This is ( mule deer country with lots of hunters driving around.)

Jel -- the better part in 3-17 for muley hunting -- if you enjoy nice country --> This is beauty country - better than Utah or Colorado -- or Wyoming

Jelvis
10-04-2018, 09:18 AM
MU 3-17
Lytton - Cache Creek

A number of roads run west young man, thru the treeless hills, pretty bald looking lol, along Hwy 1. From Spences Bridge, the Murray Creek road runs thru to connect with the roads coming in from Hwy 12 ( The Lytton to Lillooet highway ) Mixed up yet lol, The Blue Earth, Oregon Jack and Cornwall creeks road also connect with these roads for a toad.
-- > Fair mule deer hunting if yah got good eyes and good Precision Optics to gaze while you laze. <--
Jelly - Oregon Jack and Back -- MU 3-17 for a Toad to make you unload - BOOM! -

Haydenmk
10-04-2018, 12:22 PM
Ive been up botanie creek road before. A lot of that area is indian reserve. I dont think you can hunt until you go past pasulko lake. There is signs on the way in saying “ no hunting in our valley, you need permission to enter, no sheep hunting, no deer hunting etc...”. But there wasn’t any gates or anything. I was able to drive in and use botanie as an access road. If anyone has more info on this area maybe they could expand?

brouse.mike
10-05-2018, 08:08 AM
thanks for all the input!