PDA

View Full Version : 7-23 B activity

Camotoes
10-01-2018, 10:25 AM
Hi Everyone,

heading to 7-23 b in a few days. My son and I drew LEH tags there, hoping to connect on his first Moose.

anyone been in the area recently? just wondering what the activity level is like around there?

thanks in advance

Takla
10-01-2018, 10:33 AM
It will be busy ,and its the tail end of the rut in that region now,cold weather earlier in sept got them rutting a bit earlier this yr IMHO.They will still be around tho,maximize your hunting hrs and find sign and hunt it,good luck

takla

todbartell
10-01-2018, 10:45 AM
in central BC the moose have been rutting hard for over a week now.

Camotoes
10-01-2018, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the info... when you say it will be busy, do you mean hunters? or industry?

Takla
10-01-2018, 10:50 AM
Shot mine on the morning of the 27th,two bulls came into my call.Thats generally the peak in my region altho with the earlier cold around the 20th our area started to get scrapped up big time,rutting strape lines established earlier then went quiet till the 27th

takla

Takla
10-01-2018, 10:52 AM
Canfor was just starting to regrade roads in anticipation of winter logging near us.There was also some forest fire activeity with smouldering fires but that was north of 7-23.Tons of hunters pulling rigs in while we were leaveing so will be lots of hunters

takla

masoncade1992
10-01-2018, 10:55 AM
Hi Everyone,

heading to 7-23 b in a few days. My son and I drew LEH tags there, hoping to connect on his first Moose.

anyone been in the area recently? just wondering what the activity level is like around there?

thanks in advance

just to clarify you mean 7-23a correct? that area holds a decent amount of moose. Moose in 7B are rutting hard. I called in a bull yesterday after while my buddy was taking his kids grouse hunting. Stopped on down a side road to take a leak ( middle of the afternoon) and did 1 cow moose call and a bull came just running into it. didn't have my binos to count points so he ended up winding us. But yes the moose are rutting HARD.

That area around Mcleod lake is a nice area. Bring your fishing rod, that lake holds a decent amount of bull trout.

RackStar
10-01-2018, 11:17 AM
I was camping up there on Friday night for fun. Didn’t seem too busy. Id say get up here ASAP before you miss the rut. Typical loggers. A few camps. You should do fine. Dress warm!

Camotoes
10-01-2018, 11:19 AM
no, the draw I have is for 7-23 B

I guided in the area about 15 years ago and went for a look this summer to update myself... just trying to figure out if the area is going to full of other people or not... sounds like it will be.

but I guess I'm used to that.

Camotoes
10-01-2018, 11:26 AM
I was camping up there on Friday night for fun. Didn’t seem too busy. Id say get up here ASAP before you miss the rut. Typical loggers. A few camps. You should do fine. Dress warm!

Thanks.

Actually, its down there ;)

which is why I am so interested in the activity level, cause I can jus hunt around here if its too busy