PDA

View Full Version : region 8 elk?!?

blackford
09-29-2018, 07:10 AM
ok so I was in region 8 during September 10th 4 point opener and was told by several people that it was so busy because elk was opened for 10 days only this years they changed it from other years. So this means it would of been open while I was there (no trickery)

i am going back up for any buck on oct 1 and decided to check regs to see what else was open. The regs show elk 6 point is open. Am I missing something ?? Is there a edited version I am missing. I don’t want to miss out on a bull!

Blainer
09-29-2018, 07:30 AM
The area that I hunt is absolutely 6 point.
Iam NOT aware of any change in dates.

Steeleco
09-29-2018, 07:34 AM
Always check here, but I see nothing to substantiate hearsay! https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/regulations-synopsis/2018-2020-corrections-updates

blackford
09-29-2018, 12:02 PM
Thanks. I am happy I looked in. Let’s be honest the chances of seeing a 6 point bull is slim.... but the chances of shooting one of you think it’s closed are even slimmer

Blainer
09-29-2018, 01:02 PM
Thanks. I am happy I looked in. Let’s be honest the chances of seeing a 6 point bull is slim.... but the chances of shooting one of you think it’s closed are even slimmerI have friends that seem to Bugle one in every year.
The poster above, Steelco, his son got a nice one a while back.
They may be few and far between, but you best keep a tag in your pocket
Good luck