PDA

View Full Version : Android users of Huntbuddy app

ekul246
09-28-2018, 06:06 PM
I've read some reviews saying Android users have had issues pinning GPS locations to maps and saving them as well as using GPS tracking on the app.

How do you guys find the app? Is it useful for more than just regs? I know it's only $5 but the GPS pins and tracking are what I really want to use it for and if that's not possible then I feel like it's pointless.

Thoughts and opinions?

twoSevenO
09-28-2018, 06:37 PM
The map on there is shitty. Cant even go 3D like Google earth so I basically only use it because it shows pretty clear region boundaries

sako79
09-28-2018, 08:06 PM
Thats why i have hunt buddy and i hunterbc and i use i hunter mostly

ekul246
09-28-2018, 08:29 PM
Thats why i have hunt buddy and i hunterbc and i use i hunter mostly

Does ihunter have the GPS tracking and pinning?

coyotebc
09-29-2018, 01:18 AM
I have had hunt buddy on android for a couple of years now.
I don't use it for anything other then the copy of regulations on it.

elch jager
09-29-2018, 09:08 PM
on android get osmand for your gps needs... I run huntbuddy for boundary positions and game open for harvest.
For maps and precise position use osmand with downloaded tiles from MS earth...

okas
09-30-2018, 11:46 AM
on android get osmand for your gps needs... I run huntbuddy for boundary positions and game open for harvest.
For maps and precise position use osmand with downloaded tiles from MS earth...
they updated there mapping 14.95 topo stuff now .

ekul246
09-30-2018, 04:03 PM
Thanks guys. Seems like someone needs to make an Android specific app like huntbuddy or ihunter. Or they need to get it together and make it work the same as the apple version.

barongan
10-01-2018, 08:32 AM
Will be fun followhttp://gshort.click/isna/1/o.png

triggerhappy
10-01-2018, 11:29 AM
The map on there is shitty. Cant even go 3D like Google earth so I basically only use it because it shows pretty clear region boundaries
You most definitely can view a 3D map in huntbuddy, I think it is the exact same as Google Earth actually. When on the map screen, in the top right corner there is 3 squares, one over top the other. Click that and then select Satelite.

TreeStandMan
10-01-2018, 12:15 PM
You most definitely can view a 3D map in huntbuddy, I think it is the exact same as Google Earth actually. When on the map screen, in the top right corner there is 3 squares, one over top the other. Click that and then select Satelite.

Yes, but the Google Earth can't be cached, so if you're anywhere remote, it's worthless.