PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops Blues 3-28, 3-29, Gonna find 'em?

imack91
09-28-2018, 08:49 AM
Where's 'ol Jelly when you need him! Your inbox is full man! Obligatory long time reader, first time poster....

Thinking of taking the dog up above pass lake to look for some Blues, found some interesting areas on the map.... am I going to find my precious Blues up there or am I headed into the wrong mountains?

Thanks in advance!

DaddyMack

walks with deer
09-28-2018, 10:07 AM
i find the blues just above the river height in the grassland pine forest.. and subalpine..rarely inbetween.....

there are a lot of blues this year....

umm having a limit for dinner tonight with the family...

imack91
09-28-2018, 10:38 AM
i find the blues just above the river height in the grassland pine forest.. and subalpine..rarely inbetween.....

there are a lot of blues this year....

umm having a limit for dinner tonight with the family...

Thanks! Can you recommend a landmark or FSR as a starting/central point?

RyoTHC
09-28-2018, 11:02 AM
Walks with deer is right. Alll the blues I've found (almost have a possession limit in the freezer + a couple meals...) Have been low and skirting pine forests as the days move on they slowly move up in elevation. Complete opposite of most animals.

You don't need a fsr or landmark to get started for grouse.
Take the information we gave you and explore yourself... You're headed for success already.

imack91
09-28-2018, 11:10 AM
Walks with deer is right. Alll the blues I've found (almost have a possession limit in the freezer + a couple meals...) Have been low and skirting pine forests as the days move on they slowly move up in elevation. Complete opposite of most animals.

You don't need a fsr or landmark to get started for grouse.
Take the information we gave you and explore yourself... You're headed for success already.

Rock and Roll :smile: Thanks Lads, have pulled a ton of info (with a grain of salt ;) ) from the forums here, amazing! Think I know where I'm headed this weekend. DaddyMack

walks with deer
09-28-2018, 11:46 AM
i have shot blues in every direction around kamloops...

out by cache creek i saw alot venables valley....good luck...some big deer there too.

imack91
09-28-2018, 01:09 PM
i have shot blues in every direction around kamloops...

out by cache creek i saw alot venables valley....good luck...some big deer there too.

Much appreciated Walks With Deer. I'll let the deer live another day but if we see any big'uns I'll leave a note here..... I stick to Grouse, or anything I can chase with my setter pup.

DaddyMack