PDA

View Full Version : Sitka Downpour Jacket

Ferenc
09-25-2018, 10:01 PM
Had a look at one of these jackets today and actually tried it on 2XL was the size as I wanted a loose fitting one , seems to be their newest one out with no reviews... to the guys that are using them, how would you rate them .... retail price was 427.00 ... claim is it will keep you dry ... thinking of maybe trying one for the up coming blacktail rut season.

todbartell
09-25-2018, 11:20 PM
I have Cloudburst pants. They're waterproof and breathe well. My only rain jacket is Sitka's Dewpoint , packable model. Works well for my needs. For blacktail hunting the Cloudburst should do well, or the Stormfront maybe. Depends on how active you hunt

Just
09-26-2018, 04:41 AM
Great jacket! Keeps the rain out! Gets hot if your hiking! Could use pit vents.

Had a look at one of these jackets today and actually tried it on 2XL was the size as I wanted a loose fitting one , seems to be their newest one out with no reviews... to the guys that are using them, how would you rate them .... retail price was 427.00 ... claim is it will keep you dry ... thinking of maybe trying one for the up coming blacktail rut season.

allan
09-26-2018, 06:19 AM
I have an older Sitka rain jacket, don’t know which model but I know at the time it was one of their more expensive ones. Good jacket, no complaints.

Ferenc
09-26-2018, 02:14 PM
I have Cloudburst pants. They're waterproof and breathe well. My only rain jacket is Sitka's Dewpoint , packable model. Works well for my needs. For blacktail hunting the Cloudburst should do well, or the Stormfront maybe. Depends on how active you hunt

Thank you for the info ... I’ll check these other models of Stika as well you have mentioned . I hunt the blacktails daily with them 15 min from the house in the Valley bottoms with all the alder ..(rubs). thick crap.... usually home every day .
Its just staying dry and also havin product being quiet is what I’m after .. takes a long time for the pull over I use ( Wool )to dry out and be ready for the next days hunt ,starting mid Oct thru till mid Dec will find me out almost every day.... think I’ll give the Cloudburst a try .... and to Just and Allan thank you also for the reviews.

allan
09-26-2018, 02:52 PM
Ps my open country rain jacket is not a “quiet” jacket.
I believe the other two patterns are brushed goretex, which is what you’ll want.

todbartell
09-26-2018, 04:48 PM
Check out the Sitka Thunderhead jacket for quiet, GorTex rain gear. Won't breathe as well as cloudburst or dewpoint