PDA

View Full Version : Misfire debris in bolt

139grainsofhell
09-24-2018, 08:55 PM
Any of you guys ever have the problem I'm about to explain,went to sight in my gun first round went off without a hitch second went click waited two minutes went to open bolt and BANG! Scared the hell out a me .

So I instantly stopped shooting I came home took the bolt apart and a piece of chewed up brass fell out about 3/16 of an inch almost looks like part of a primer I stripped the whole gun down cleaned and blew everything out I hoping that's what the problem is as i leave moose hunting end of week. I think that was the problem any thing else I may be missing??

Ruger m77 7mm

dmaxtech
09-24-2018, 09:17 PM
Look at the casing of the first round you fired. Is it missing any brass? Also could have been a hang fire of the second one and the piece of brass is from the second casing that got lodged in your gun when you opened the bolt.

139grainsofhell
09-24-2018, 09:27 PM
I fired over 20 rounds last weekend and then today I had the problem one round from the previous shoot looks like a clean hole right through the center of the primer never seen this happen before with this gun

Ferenc
09-24-2018, 10:22 PM
Pierced primer ..... I’d for sure be checking out the rifle before taking it or let alone shooting it again... better people on here to help you ... right now I would not take it hunting.