PDA

View Full Version : Fort St John land owner list

FSJMATT
09-24-2018, 11:13 AM
Hello All!

I am looking to see if anyone has a list of land owners in the Fort St John area that have had animal problems? I know there was list that was kept, but they no longer do it. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

canadiancon
09-24-2018, 07:57 PM
Not much for animal problems anymore, most would rather deal with elk instead of hunters... best bet is to figure out who owns the land and then go and knock on doors. My dad and I have secured permission from three different people by doing this. No one else has had permission before us.

FSJMATT
09-25-2018, 04:47 PM
Well Im glad that there is still permission being given out. I unfortunately have not been so lucky. Oh well, keep trying i guess.

Rhyno
09-25-2018, 05:50 PM
Well Im glad that there is still permission being given out. I unfortunately have not been so lucky. Oh well, keep trying i guess.

Dont overlook crown boarding private land

Sitkaspruce
09-25-2018, 07:17 PM
You don't need private land to kill critters in the Peace. They don't all live on private land......

Cheers

SS

huntcoop
09-25-2018, 07:29 PM
You don't need private land to kill critters in the Peace. They don't all live on private land......

Cheers

SS

The tough thing is for a fellow Islander who wants to hunt near FSJ and can’t locate good crown land.

f350ps
09-25-2018, 11:01 PM
The tough thing is for a fellow Islander who wants to hunt near FSJ and can’t locate good crown land.
Lots of crown if you have the map book! You heading that way on Friday? K

huntcoop
09-26-2018, 07:22 AM
Lots of crown if you have the map book! You heading that way on Friday? K

No but thinking about it for November.

Sitkaspruce
09-26-2018, 07:10 PM

You can either use iMap and use the land ownership/cadastral fabric layer and zoom into an area and the private land/crown land layers will show up.

Or you can download the Cadastral KML file from Data BC for Google Earth.

Both will show you lots of pink/yellow for crown to private land.

But what I was saying was you don't need private land or close proximity to it to kill critters in the Peace. Lots of critters never venture on to fields or agricultural land.

Huntcoop PM me when you are coming up and I can give you some updates etc.

Cheers

SS