PDA

View Full Version : Moose Shared Hunt Question

Caribou_lou
09-22-2018, 10:10 AM
Good Morning HBCers.

I need some clarification. Ive looked in the Regs and LEH booklet and think I have an answer to my own question but have others telling me different. Your help is much appreciated!

3 of us were drawn for moose shared hunt. One member from our groups wife had a baby a month early so he has decided to stay home.

Now what I have found. "All participating members must have a moose tag". Does participating mean being part of the group when we entered? Or does it mean as part of the hunt? He will not be in camp at any time during the hunt.

Thanks for your time. I do plan on contacting CO service if there are mixed opinions on this thread.

alowe
09-22-2018, 10:15 AM
My understanding is All three of you must purchase a tag. Also all three of you must fill out form as authorization is completed. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

howa1500
09-22-2018, 10:27 AM
No moose tag is needed unless you are in the hunt. For example, 2/3 go up 5 days before, those 2 need tags, the third could purchase theirs on the way up. But while participating aka hunting, everyone needs a tag.

Its very common for life situations to change during an LEH. The important part is that all the LEH information is correctly written down after a moose is down.

quadrakid
09-22-2018, 10:33 AM
The third guy does not even have to buy a licence let alone a tag if he is not going.he is not a participant.

ThinAir
09-22-2018, 12:04 PM
Third guy at home with a baby doesn’t need to buy any tag/lic etc.
He needs to stay at home and change diapers

Caribou_lou
09-22-2018, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the Replies.

Hes changing diapers on a future hunter!

ACE
09-22-2018, 02:09 PM
Similar situation . . . . shared hunt, three hunters, two LEH permits.
One hunter bails out at the last minute .... do the remaining two hunters have two LEH permits ?

ThinAir
09-22-2018, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the Replies.

Hes changing diapers on a future hunter!

Excellent!!

Islander30
09-22-2018, 03:12 PM
One hunter bails out at the last minute .... do the remaining two hunters have two LEH permits ?

Ya I was curious about that too....or even if there were originally 4 hunters in the shared hunt and 2 bail can the remaining 2 hunters take a moose each ?

whitlers
09-22-2018, 07:32 PM
I could be wrong but aren't there usually the group names on the LEH. So only those named hunters can harvest a single shared Bull? Ex if you had 4 hunters and two shared LEH then only the hunters on each shard LEH can harvest a bull between the two of them?

f350ps
09-22-2018, 07:38 PM
Ya I was curious about that too....or even if there were originally 4 hunters in the shared hunt and 2 bail can the remaining 2 hunters take a moose each ?
Yes they can! K

f350ps
09-22-2018, 07:39 PM
Same as above, one each! K

Keta1969
09-22-2018, 07:54 PM
He still must fill out the leh authorization though if you harvest a moose.

anethema
09-22-2018, 09:58 PM
Ya basically remember LEH auths are not tags, they are permission to hunt when hunting isn't normally allowed, that is all.

Needing a tag is basically a totally seperate system.

So for a 3 person permission LEH, 2 moose are allowed. Any of you can shoot a moose, to the maximum of two.

Anyone hunting moose needs a valid moose tag.

So if someone is staying home and not participating, they don't need a tag.

Also don't bring someone out who ISN'T on the LEH if they are carrying a gun. Even if they have a tag. You/they will get nailed if caught.

Caribou_lou
09-22-2018, 10:37 PM
Thanks for all to responses. I was on the same page as most of you. I never came across anything stating everyone needing a tag even if they were staying home. Youd think that would be somewhere if legally they had to.

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to respond. Heading out tomorrow. If we are successful there will be a thread with our hunt. Pic heavy!

willyqbc
09-23-2018, 07:26 AM
Also don't bring someone out who ISN'T on the LEH if they are carrying a gun. Even if they have a tag. You/they will get nailed if caught.

As long as the non LEH holder doesn't actually shoot your leh moose, he/she can accompany you while you hunt. They can carry a gun and hunt other critters that are open

blackhawk19
09-23-2018, 08:21 AM
just remember if your on a shared hunt each member can kill only 1 moose , you cannot participate on a second kill . Once you kill your moose your done . you can still hunt with a person who still has a tag , but your hunting for deer ,bear etc

KodiakHntr
09-23-2018, 09:50 AM

Completely wrong.

quadrakid
09-23-2018, 02:24 PM
The greatest things these type of threads expose is the need for resident hunters to read the regulations,not once,but many times. Study them.

Jelvis
09-23-2018, 03:20 PM
It's as clear as mud now Hahahahahaha
Take a C.O. to figure all this out lol.
Jelly -- Mixed up in Vegas ------------------->

j270wsm
09-23-2018, 04:25 PM
Good Morning HBCers.

I need some clarification. Ive looked in the Regs and LEH booklet and think I have an answer to my own question but have others telling me different. Your help is much appreciated!

3 of us were drawn for moose shared hunt. One member from our groups wife had a baby a month early so he has decided to stay home.

Now what I have found. "All participating members must have a moose tag". Does participating mean being part of the group when we entered? Or does it mean as part of the hunt? He will not be in camp at any time during the hunt.

Thanks for your time. I do plan on contacting CO service if there are mixed opinions on this thread.

Is there a gos for moose in this area( spike bulls )?. If there is a gos, another option could be for someone to shoot a spike bull. You wouldn't have to cancel the second leh tag which would could allow your friend to have a chance at filling the last tag at a later date.

Caribou_lou
09-24-2018, 06:22 PM
Is there a gos for moose in this area( spike bulls )?. If there is a gos, another option could be for someone to shoot a spike bull. You wouldn't have to cancel the second leh tag which would could allow your friend to have a chance at filling the last tag at a later date.

There is s an open season but not during our hunt. Thanks again everyone. Off tobthe bush we go!