PDA

View Full Version : Meadow Lake Road

Arctic Lake
09-19-2018, 10:31 PM
Hi Fellas
Last summer while camping at Green Lake we took a trip down Raphael Road to the West ,past Pollard Lake Alberta Lake and then past Meadow Lake . What's the deer hunting like down that way Mu 3-31. I noticed some cabins for rent also.
Any help would be appreciated we know some people in 70 mile . Also around Cunningham Lake which I think is in 5-2
Thanks
Arctic Lake

butcher
09-20-2018, 06:38 AM
I see deer there all the time. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Have killed a couple dinks. My daughter missed a chance at a whitetail buck a couple years back. So there’s that possibility too.

It it also seems to me they migrate out of there a little later. Don’t think I ever saw a deer in that country when I coyote hunt around Christmas.

Big Lew
09-20-2018, 07:25 AM
Getting to be more and more private property along Meadow Creek road where I see deer, mainly does and young stuff.

Arctic Lake
09-20-2018, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the replies fellas I appreciate it ! If anyone else has info please feel free.
I have mentioned we know some locals in 70 mile but they are not hunters so any decent spots around there ? What about carrying on past Green Lake on the Bonaparte Road past Tincup Lake .
Guess I'm in Jelvis country now .
Thanks
Arctic Lake

CranePete
09-20-2018, 06:48 PM
The Elephant Hill fire stretched up into that part of the world, so anywhere around Young Lake will likely be poor for a while. They’ve been logging pretty hard in the Eagan/Bonaparte plateau for a number of years, almost unrecognizable from less than 10 years ago. Still, I’m sure there are critters around if you look hard enough.
CranePete

Big Lew
09-20-2018, 07:46 PM
The Elephant Hill fire stretched up into that part of the world, so anywhere around Young Lake will likely be poor for a while. They’ve been logging pretty hard in the Eagan/Bonaparte plateau for a number of years, almost unrecognizable from less than 10 years ago. Still, I’m sure there are critters around if you look hard enough.
CranePete

Last time I was in the Eagan/Bonaparte area was 2 years ago and couldn't believe the amount of logging
that has taken place...and was still going on. It was extremely foggy and snowing which made things
difficult and although I didn't get anything with my bow, I saw a couple of decent bucks.

REMINGTON JIM
09-20-2018, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the replies fellas I appreciate it ! If anyone else has info please feel free.
I have mentioned we know some locals in 70 mile but they are not hunters so any decent spots around there ? What about carrying on past Green Lake on the Bonaparte Road past Tincup Lake .
Guess I'm in Jelvis country now .
Thanks
Arctic Lake

Theres a Band of Whiteys living around Eagan lake and a Bit West of Eagan towards Little Watch lake - A few mulies thru there BUT the Fire burnt it up pretty BAD all thru there ! RJ

REMINGTON JIM
09-20-2018, 07:55 PM
Last time I was in the Eagan/Bonaparte area was 2 years ago and couldn't believe the amount of logging
that has taken place...and was still going on. It was extremely foggy and snowing which made things
difficult and although I didn't get anything with my bow, I saw a couple of decent bucks.

They - the Loggers have pretty much CLEAR cut the Whole friggin area ! RJ