PDA

View Full Version : My wife's 1st big game animal (video)

rattling_junkie
09-19-2018, 10:53 AM
Crazy death moan at the end, and her first animal ever and with a crossbow on the ground!

https://youtu.be/TTxnidVMFXI

JohnS
09-19-2018, 11:09 AM
way to go :) BBQ time lol!

Blainer
09-19-2018, 11:34 AM
Wow, great capture
That was the loudest death moan that I have ever heard.
Great patience , great work
Congratulations

Steeleco
09-19-2018, 03:16 PM
Same here, shot my share of bears but never heard one like that. Congrats on a good bear

rattling_junkie
09-19-2018, 08:37 PM
Already had some burgers, they were delicious.

caddisguy
09-19-2018, 08:50 PM
Whoa never heard anything like that. Is that for real? Sorry I have to ask!! I've whacked a lot of bears but never heard a moan or even a huff, let alone something like THAT.

Good job on the filming and editing. I dabble around a little with video and know it's far from easy. I thought that was well put together. Thanks for posting it up.

rattling_junkie
09-20-2018, 04:29 AM
Thanks guys....Caddisguy, about 40%of the bears I’ve shot have death moaned. The one. I killed on Friday did a loud one as well, but my audio failed. Maybe it’s because I shoot them with a broadhead and not a bullet? I don’t know why they do it certain times and not others.

Steeleco
09-20-2018, 05:00 AM
Without that moan I'd guess my finding the bear would have been much longer, one of them I doubt that we'd have found him at all. I'd say about 1/3rd of the bears that don't bang flop have moaned!

Bunner
09-20-2018, 05:33 AM
Congrats on the bear. Now just to get my wife out.
thanks for sharing

Bunner
09-20-2018, 05:34 AM
And that was a crazy death moan, never heard one quite like that

caddisguy
09-20-2018, 08:09 AM
Thanks guys....Caddisguy, about 40%of the bears I’ve shot have death moaned. The one. I killed on Friday did a loud one as well, but my audio failed. Maybe it’s because I shoot them with a broadhead and not a bullet? I don’t know why they do it certain times and not others.

That could be. I haven't went after them with a bow yet and most of them drop instantly. I did have a double-lung-and-spine once (magic bullet?) where the bear tried to run but couldn't move... went on a few seconds. Another I accidentally shot in the liver that had time to moan. Never a vocalization.

What an odd sound. Come to think of it, I did hear a sound like that way up top of a huge cut block one spring. It would moan for a few seconds every 30-60 seconds or so. It went on the whole time we were there (maybe 10-15 mins) ... thought maybe it was a dying moose but now I wonder if it was a bear.

I also make that sound when I get up and have to go to work... or the next day after I eat a couple pounds of extra hot wings.

rattling_junkie
09-20-2018, 08:45 AM
^^^I think we all moan when we have to get to work. I've also had 2 elk that I've killed do a death moan, both with archery gear.