PDA

View Full Version : From CORE to Licence Time and Method - 10 Days

skibum
09-18-2018, 03:17 PM
This get asked every once in awhile, here is the time for my son to get his own BC Hunting Licence.

TOTAL = 10 days, mostly in front of my computer.

1. CORE on the weekend of the 8-9th.
2. Fast track paperwork to BCWF using registered mail on the 10th
3. BCWF received his CORE passing grade in the mail on the 11th
4. BCWF process the administration fee on the 13th
5. Receive the Graduation Certificate from BCWF in the mail on the 17th (did not pay the extra $20 to speed up)
6. Apply on-line using a picture of the Graduation Certificate for Hunting Credentials on the 17th
7. Hunting Credentials approved on the 18th. (age and residency credentials were already approved under youth licence)
8. On-line purchase of his own BC Hunting licence and species licences on the 18th. :D:D:D

[ but I just realized that now he can not shoot our whitetail this weekend using my tags - so that online species licence purchase (through mail, not in time) was stupid :oops:. His youth licence is automatically canceled]

Squamch
09-18-2018, 03:43 PM
What does the BCWF have to do with licensing?

skibum
09-18-2018, 04:33 PM
What does the BCWF have to do with licensing?

BCWF administers the CORE and provides the CORE graduation certificate that is needed by the Province as proof of hunter education to get your hunting licence.

skibum
09-18-2018, 04:37 PM
First year as a licenced hunter not cheap for a 11 year old, and I think we got a deal on the CORE course. (although just a youth licence is $7 total)

CORE - $90
Graduation Certificate - $30
Hunting license - $37
Species licences - $15 to $50

todbartell
09-18-2018, 04:50 PM
that's pretty quick. Would be quicker if you got tags at a license vendor. Enjoy your hunts with him!

Squamch
09-18-2018, 09:19 PM
BCWF administers the CORE and provides the CORE graduation certificate that is needed by the Province as proof of hunter education to get your hunting licence.

Gotcha. Been over 20 years since I did mine, so memories of how it was done are a little fuzzy.

dodge456
09-19-2018, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the info, was wondering how this would play out. My daughter turns 10 in early July next year and I wasn't certain she'd be all ready to go by September.