PDA

View Full Version : Cant buy duck stamp.

Firstblood
09-16-2018, 01:35 PM
In the last week I tried multiple location in kamloops to buys a hard copy duck stamp to no avail, they all said they got the least amount ever and were told to push online purchasing. The online purchasing system has been down since thursday 13th with no way to purchase a stamp online. It acknowledges a problem then they closed it all off. Another great government website.

wideopenthrottle
09-16-2018, 01:52 PM
In the last week I tried multiple location in kamloops to buys a hard copy duck stamp to no avail, they all said they got the least amount ever and were told to push online purchasing. The online purchasing system has been down since thursday 13th with no way to purchase a stamp online. It acknowledges a problem then they closed it all off. Another great government website.

I have not had a migratory bird license in quite a few years but IIRC I used to have to go to the post office to get it if that helps at all

PressurePoint
09-16-2018, 02:24 PM
I just got mine in Nanaimo at the post office which is no help to you but I have found that going to a Canada post in Shoppers Drugmart works out. I think some think they have to go directly to an actual post office but the little satellite offices carry them as well.

Firstblood
09-16-2018, 03:15 PM
Went to almost every location they are sold in Kamloops. Post office was and is always my first stop, they said they got ten total.

wideopenthrottle
09-16-2018, 07:13 PM
Went to almost every location they are sold in Kamloops. Post office was and is always my first stop, they said they got ten total.
sorry to hear...good luck brother...

Firstblood
09-16-2018, 09:19 PM
https://i.imgur.com/kU3DjBk.png

Red_Mist
09-17-2018, 07:26 AM
Got mine online but earlier in the month. They mailed the stamp. With these new online licenses get them way early, otherwise looks like they get overwhelmed with traffic and crash.

Jimmyjjj
09-17-2018, 07:31 AM
Merritt isn't too far. I just got mine on Friday at the Post Office here.

skibum
09-17-2018, 08:44 AM
Downtown post office had them last Monday but got the same line, didn't get many, start using online

lorneparker1
09-17-2018, 12:58 PM
you can do it on line and print it out. takes 5mins. never have to go to the post office again

deltawaterfowler
09-19-2018, 12:12 PM
Ya it's funny, I didn't even know you could get the migratory bird stamp online... You would think with the provincial system now being online that they could at least provide a link to the other federal system to make things easier for hunters. I got mine through the post office, but it was the last one she had on hand with no more available to purchase after that.

Firstblood
09-19-2018, 12:33 PM
The online system is up and working, I purchased one as soon as it was back up and running. Just sad that it was down for four or five days. If they want to push people online and then still send them a stamp it should work.

Modeltwelve
09-22-2018, 09:19 PM
Bought mine the start of August. I want the stamp and permit, not a damn photo copy, I've got every year since the stamps started and I'll be ----ed if it go's all online. Call me an old pharte, yes I am, but I pay taxes to pay for someone to sell me the permit.

Beachcomber
09-22-2018, 10:22 PM
Bought mine the start of August. I want the stamp and permit, not a damn photo copy, I've got every year since the stamps started and I'll be ----ed if it go's all online. Call me an old pharte, yes I am, but I pay taxes to pay for someone to sell me the permit.

Fair enough. Anyone running under the handle “modeltwelve” is automatically elevated to “old pharte” status.

Jordan f.
09-29-2018, 08:18 PM
I bought mine from Canadian Tire. I love the physical copy of the stamp. Pretty cool to keep for memories.