PDA

View Full Version : New bow for next season

OoDark
09-15-2018, 08:40 AM
Well I got talked into trying bow hunting next spring season.

just ordered https://hoyt.com/compound-bows/powermax

with the accessories kit.

what did I get into lol

Boharchery
09-16-2018, 08:32 PM
A tone of fun is what you got into! You will have a blast

RomanianTHUNDER
09-16-2018, 08:55 PM
Hunting with a bow is extremely fun. Also you can shoot grouse on your deer or elk hunt. No need to worry about spoiling anything. Be dedicated and practice at least once a week. If you have any questions and ever come to Kelowna. Visit the Hardcore Archery they are great and have all the info and accessories you’ll need .

OoDark
09-16-2018, 11:15 PM
I do traditional archery normally. How different is it?

Wild one
09-17-2018, 04:45 AM
I do traditional archery normally. How different is it?

easier by far lol

But they both have advantages over the other. Personally I started trad as a kid then shot compound for years and now I only use my recurve. I just like the simplicity of it and knowing if something goes wrong it me not something I have chase in my set up. My effective range is cut in half with the recurve though

Compounds are all about setting up your bow just right, consistent form and if you know your yardage boom your splitting hairs. Down side something goes wrong with your set up you need to take time to fix/readjust before you are accurate again

If you’re a tech guy and enjoy tweaking things to try and get it perfect a compound is the ticket but if you like simplicity you will be back with your trad bow in no time

Good luck

tinhorse
09-17-2018, 06:46 AM
Another good tip is to try and match up your broadheads with your arrows so they fly true. You may have to mess around with different weight and style a little to find one that fits perfect to your practice points.

OoDark
10-14-2018, 05:29 PM
For Broadheads I have

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/flying-arrow-toxic-broadhead

Still waiting for the bow to arrive lol.