PDA

View Full Version : Road blocked !

srupp
09-14-2018, 08:38 PM
Hmm went out to look at whats happening in the woods..seen cow/ calf moose, HUGE bull moose..all the fronts were bent down.7 drop tines..crazy wicked.5 deer..2 were bucks..too small.LOTS of grouse everywhere..70 ? today.

Went to a small lake that has a ATV trail hidden on the backside.
Some asshat hunters had backed their travel trailer tight into the trail..and added a full sized pick up to guarantee no one else had access to the 2 miles of ATV trails.

Ignorant selfish resident hunters ! 120 kms enroute and back..PLUS 150 kilometers on ATV..no natives seen or encountered , only road block..grrrrrr hunters..
Havnt seen that blatant of a asshat group ! Disgusted.
Snowed, blew, rained..froze my substantial ass off...brrrr
Most grouse I have ever seen in 1 day..literally everywhere.
Jacuzzi time again.
Srupp

Takla
09-14-2018, 08:50 PM
Early chill has come to your region this yr and maybe ignited the loins of the local bull moose population im thinking.Weather says warming later half of sept,not what i like see in the burns lake north area for my LEH.Looking foreward to heading in on the 23rd.W
with an ATV theres no such thing as a blocked road is there?.

Big Lew
09-14-2018, 08:58 PM
I know of a fellow from work that spent a great deal of time using multiple blocks and coils of cable to pull
a couple of boulders onto the only road in and out of a dandy hunting spot. It was before the popularity of
ATVs and he hoped to keep the place to himself while in there. It sure would have backfired if he had an
emergency and had to quickly get out of there. This same fellow would brag about felling trees across a road
if he found other hunters in a spot he wanted to hunt. Those are the type of people that many of us wish
Karma would jump up and take a big bite out of their posteriors.

srupp
09-14-2018, 09:13 PM
Early chill has come to your region this yr and maybe ignited the loins of the local bull moose population im thinking.Weather says warming later half of sept,not what i like see in the burns lake north area for my LEH.Looking foreward to heading in on the 23rd.W
with an ATV theres no such thing as a blocked road is there?.

Hmm I looked..no chance.oh well..
Srupp

Bugle M In
09-14-2018, 09:14 PM
Hmm went out to look at whats happening in the woods..seen cow/ calf moose, HUGE bull moose..all the fronts were bent down.7 drop tines..crazy wicked.5 deer..2 were bucks..too small.LOTS of grouse everywhere..70 ? today.

Some asshat hunters had backed their travel trailer tight into the trail..and added a full sized pick up to guarantee no one else had access to the 2 miles of ATV trails.

Ignorant selfish resident hunters ! 120 kms enroute and back..PLUS 150 kilometers on ATV..no natives seen or encountered , only road block..grrrrrr hunters..
Jacuzzi time again.
Srupp

Can you take a photo and send to CO??
Won't help that much at the time, but maybe for the future.
Or, chainsaw.
I know of an incident were someone blocked road, and the people b locked decided to deal with it themselves.
Ended up in a "smash up derby" and a shoot out! (not sure if the shoot out was legit, but a lot of vehicles ended up
being towed out!)
Won' t say what others have done ….;)

Beachcomber
09-14-2018, 09:20 PM
Lots of posts on here about FN interfering with resident hunters' rightful access to hunt by erecting blockades - the Klappan thread from last year being the most notable and dramatic. That issue generally will be a hot one for years to come. But when resident hunters take on other resident hunters by selfishly denying them hunting opportunities we are in trouble. "A house divided against itself cannot stand". This kind of asshole conduct is depressing to hear.

srupp
09-14-2018, 09:29 PM
Lots of posts on here about FN interfering with resident hunters' rightful access to hunt by erecting blockades - the Klappan thread from last year being the most notable and dramatic. That issue generally will be a hot one for years to come. But when resident hunters take on other resident hunters by selfishly denying them hunting opportunities we are in trouble. "A house divided against itself cannot stand". This kind of asshole conduct is depressing to hear.

Hmmmm it was upsetting for sure, there were 5 flat, level, dry camping locations within 2 kms. This was deliberate to keep other resident hunters out.
I DID leave a note..WITH my name and phone number..no threats just not appreciated.
Im not into threats or deliberate retaliation.

On a lighter not seen huge deer tracks..only to see the buck responsible..big foot..lol..false advertising.small buck BIG FEET..lol

Cheers
Steven

Big Lew
09-14-2018, 09:31 PM
There's no way I'm insinuating that all of us that subscribe to hunting forums are Angels or even remotely so,
but we must remember that there are a lot of 'hunters' out there that don't even consider fair play or following
any rules when it comes to getting something they want. Some would kick their own mother to the curb if she
got in their way. There are those that use bribery or intimidation on their kids to allow them to hunt during the
youth program, or will have them hold a fishing rod until a fish strikes and then land it themselves rather than
give the kid a chance.

Jagermeister
09-14-2018, 09:48 PM
AMEN BROTHER, AMEN!
Take a photo or two and post them on here. Out the selfish shitheads.

srupp
09-14-2018, 09:56 PM
There's no way I'm insinuating that all of us that subscribe to hunting forums are Angels or even remotely so,
but we must remember that there are a lot of 'hunters' out there that don't even consider fair play or following
any rules when it comes to getting something they want. Some would kick their own mother to the curb if she
got in their way. There are those that use bribery or intimidation on their kids to allow them to hunt during the
youth program, or will have them hold a fishing rod until a fish strikes and then land it themselves rather than
give the kid a chance.

Yes my friend, agree..but it still sucks when you see it, every time..the big time threats nothng so far.but where I least expected it..
But your correct Dave..asshats and idiots.they walk amongst us.lol..
Overall eventfull day.actually far more than I expected..the moose, and deer were almost exactly where I anticipated where they usually can be found..and the new 2019 was jst what I wanted...following the new break in procedure to a T...oil change monday at 150 kilometers.new light..gun case insalled tuesday.then just winter studded tires mounted on new rims and Warn plow set up and done.
Cheers
Grumpy

MRP
09-15-2018, 07:48 AM
First off I would never block a road or trail. If some one won'ts to go in I would let them.
But! If I know it's only a km or 2 to the end of the road or trail, I'll say friendly a hello if there in camp. Then go somewhere else and I expect the same.

Brez
09-15-2018, 07:54 AM
On a lighter not seen huge deer tracks..only to see the buck responsible..big foot..lol..false advertising.small buck BIG FEET..lol

That reminds me of a saying I have when some guys says "Look at that big track!" I say "You know what tham means don't you?.......big feet!" lol

Arctic Lake
09-15-2018, 09:53 AM
Steven I have seen this many times . It's a bloody shame but you have to be careful when encountering people who do this sort of thing as you already know they are a bit bent ! Stay Safe !
Arctic Lake

Downwindtracker2
09-15-2018, 10:43 AM
A group of hunter camped on the access to a bunch of roads at 101, . One of long time 101 hunters, said it was no problem, He knew enough back trails to access the network. He did drive through their camp on the way out. You get to know the hunters who hunt the area year after year. Camping across access roads is one of my pet peeves.

srupp
09-15-2018, 11:35 AM
First off I would never block a road or trail. If some one won'ts to go in I would let them.
But! If I know it's only a km or 2 to the end of the road or trail, I'll say friendly a hello if there in camp. Then go somewhere else and I expect the same.

Hmm was trying to retrieve my deer cam at the far end..lol..
Absolutely lots of places to hunt..past 15 years never seen the trail blocked..30 other rds leading to different areas for bears, others for deer, others for lynx , and moose places..
It wouldnt stop my hunt..just dont have many examples of ignorant selfish individuals..will go back in a week and dig the camera out.
Steven

09-15-2018, 11:38 AM
If its blocking a tiny small area...room for a couple of hunters...... It may be justified......but if it s access to a huge area......
Them tires may have strangly gone flat. But also be ready for repercussions.

Give your heads a shake who ever ya are.

Bugle M In
09-15-2018, 12:01 PM

give the kid a chance.

Excellent post guys, this is a big problem as well, totally agree with your comments.

Takla
09-15-2018, 12:19 PM
Weve hunted the same high mountain valley for 20 yrs,we are going in again soon on the 23rd.We set up on a spur road on the way in and basically kill our game in a very small area close to camp and do camp on the roadside but have never tried to block access in any way,hell its big country and when we get the odd hunter driving in past camp they generally never come back as the road ends soon afterwards.The main road in goes for another 60 k and 90% of the guys going in think all the games at the end of the road..lol it generally leaves our little mountainside unhunted by anyone other then our camp

takla

Big Lew
09-15-2018, 02:27 PM
Weve hunted the same high mountain valley for 20 yrs,we are going in again soon on the 23rd.We set up on a spur road on the way in and basically kill our game in a very small area close to camp and do camp on the roadside but have never tried to block access in any way,hell its big country and when we get the odd hunter driving in past camp they generally never come back as the road ends soon afterwards.The main road in goes for another 60 k and 90% of the guys going in think all the games at the end of the road..lol it generally leaves our little mountainside unhunted by anyone other then our camp

takla

Isn't that the truth! The last nice mulie buck I shot was in an area 30-50 vehicles, most in groups,
went driving past both day and night as they were headed to the far reaches of the Chilcotin Plateau.
Like when fishing a lake, not all the big ones are at the far side or end of the lake, lol!

Cyrus
09-15-2018, 02:36 PM
give the kid a chance.

This^ it is very much a all for one one hobby...regardless of the few that help others like Srupp. That is why it is destined to fail when push comes to shove.

Cat catcher
09-15-2018, 02:40 PM
That terrible people do that, last year I had a bad experience here where these 2 guys take off fast on quadswhen I pull up in parking lot and so I keep going into my blind and they look to be headed there so I keep going we both arrive at my blind at almost the same time and the one guy jumps off his quad and runs and throws his back pack In my blind as if to say we got here first. I never yelled so much at any hunters before and I guarantee I scared everything for several miles but it was worth it. Some people just have no respect.

howa1500
09-15-2018, 03:31 PM
Steven you are a better man than I, I subscribe to a Liam Neeson "Taken" approach... and my skill set is instant karma....

Block the road all you like, your truck will be blocking it longer then you'd hoped...

howa1500
09-15-2018, 03:35 PM
That terrible people do that, last year I had a bad experience here where these 2 guys take off fast on quadswhen I pull up in parking lot and so I keep going into my blind and they look to be headed there so I keep going we both arrive at my blind at almost the same time and the one guy jumps off his quad and runs and throws his back pack In my blind as if to say we got here first. I never yelled so much at any hunters before and I guarantee I scared everything for several miles but it was worth it. Some people just have no respect.

I put a "makers mark" hidden on the stand when I make them. This way when I get into a an argument over "who's stand is it" which has sadly happened 3 times to me.. I ask is your name on it? they obviously idiotically say is yours? Well of course donkey, look there.... I'm all for people using what I have built "illegally" on crown land, but don't be a douche about it. Also what ever happened to leaving something better then you found it. I have 1 blind set up that I wish I could run into buddy who makes it better every year. I stapled a note in a ziplock with write in the rain paper to get a hold of me, and where I hid the mickey of whiskey....

rocksteady
09-15-2018, 04:17 PM
Used to hunt with a buddy who always packed vice grips.
Could not figure it out..

If you pissed him off he would crimp a fuel line,smear it with mud and jam a stick in it... you could drive home but at a snails pace.. mechanic would say you jammed a stick

Wild one
09-15-2018, 04:18 PM
Trees fall across the road all the time and with a chainsaw sometimes 10 or more fall across at a time. Sometimes being a nice guy and making their location even more private is the way to go lol

Being a nice guy and helping them achieve the parties goals can give them an educational experience lol

srupp
09-15-2018, 04:55 PM
Hmmmm sheeeeesh remind me not to piss in anyones cornflakes here..lol...
I didnt do anything harmful, or damage. But they WILL know someone wasnt happy..and they already know why..

Cheers
Srupp

steel_ram
09-15-2018, 08:11 PM
Trees fall across the road all the time and with a chainsaw sometimes 10 or more fall across at a time. Sometimes being a nice guy and making their location even more private is the way to go lol

Being a nice guy and helping them achieve the parties goals can give them an educational experience lol

Also works for guys on quads that pass a pedestrian on a dead end spur.;)

BStrachan
09-16-2018, 07:41 PM

Jacuzzi time again.
Srupp

Sounds like a great day! Besides the asshat who blocked the trail.

srupp
09-16-2018, 08:56 PM
Sounds like a great day! Besides the asshat who blocked the trail.

Yes indeed was a fine day. .you are correct sir.
Steven

Bugle M In
09-17-2018, 11:30 AM
ya, your a good guy Steve.
Leaving the note was probably the best solution.
How you manage to keep your blood from boiling over is beyond me on those kind of issues.
I do wish people would smarten up and realize that no crown land is exclusive to them.

Other have to realize that just because you have a "honey hole", you have to take into account it might be
someone else's honey hole as well.

Arctic Lake
09-17-2018, 11:35 AM
Don't want to derail the thread but it would seem to me that the people that do this kinda thing are the same ones that take all sorts of libertys as if there the only ones living here on good ol planet earth ! Just pisses you off !
Arctic Lake