PDA

View Full Version : Moose draw 7-11

Shikari300WSM
09-14-2018, 03:54 PM
Hey everyone, hope the hunting season is going good or will go good for all!

So got lucky enough to draw any bull moose in 711. Headed up on the 27th and back sometime over thanksgiving weekend. I havent been on a hunt up there since I was a kid and have never drawn a moose tag before. Just wondering if anyone would be able to throw out some tips?/info? Hoping to get lucky and make a bull moose unlucky....

moosinaround
09-14-2018, 04:24 PM
Hunt where moose like to hang out! Get off the roads, and into the continuous clearcuts! Its been logged very hard, but saying that, there were moose still wondering around this past spring while I was bear hunting! Very busy, and lots of predator sign, please take a black bear back with you! The fire along the south side of the Chilako River showed lots of moose sign this past spring, alders are very tasty in amongst the dead snags! Moosin

tuffcityhunter
09-14-2018, 06:31 PM
have spent a couple years their, havn't been their in probably 4 years though. lots of beautiful lakes their to camp on, lots of grouse, rabbits and ducks if your heart desires. Glad to see the calf season is gone, it was always a complete nut show when that opened up. sorry i cant be of much help just havnt been their in so long

best of luck and have a great hung.

Jelvis
09-14-2018, 06:45 PM
MU 7-11 and MU 7 12
Naltesby Lake

Large system of roads connects with the Blackwater system. Turn on to Bobtail Rd 54 k west of P.G. on Highway 16. Fair to good moose hunting some deer,
Also access to MU 7-11 from Bednesti Lake 45 km west of Prince George on Hwy 16, via Norman Lake road.
Jelly Stoned Parks --> Moose country <-----Moose on the loose with the Canada goose --

moosinaround
09-14-2018, 09:41 PM
Norman lake Rd is 7-12b jelly!!bobtail is best bet, or follow Pelican to 50 km then head west young man! Blackwater crosses 7-11 briefly, ending in 5-13! Kluskus to the gold Rd, or the north finger FSR! All good bet for the rubber noze!! Moosin, that's my name, that's my game!!

Shikari300WSM
09-18-2018, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. Anyone else have the draw and headed that way at the end of next week? Kinda worried about a roadblock so wondering if guys would consider convoying in haha. Who knows

moosinaround
09-19-2018, 07:52 AM
My son was hunting 7-11 Sunday, no road blocks!! Your golden man, no indian blockades!!! Moosin

moosinaround
09-19-2018, 07:54 AM
They actually bumped into a big boar grizzly though, which has happened twice this year in MU 7-11, one this past spring, and one Sunday.

Buckmeister
09-19-2018, 09:17 PM
I heard there was a fire in that area this summer. Wonder how that will affect things? Like others have said, get off the beaten path.

todbartell
09-19-2018, 10:20 PM
Sometimes the moose are on the beaten path too. Do lots of glassing. It's easy to become a zombie driving the roads. Good luck!

Shikari300WSM
09-20-2018, 09:58 PM
Appreciate it moosin. Definately going to be doing some bushwhacking and calling! Drive the roads til I find a nice spot. Find a moose on the way that's legal - I wouldn't say no to that