PDA

View Full Version : Help by loon lake

browningboy
09-13-2018, 09:48 PM
I am going hunting up there for any buck, I was hoping everyone would tell me all their honey holes, I don’t want to take away from partying at the cabin too much so all your top secret spots are appreciated. Actually in fact if you could also come up and gut and pack him out it’s worth a 6 pack and a high five! So do yourself a favour and help a brother out

BCHUNTER21
09-13-2018, 10:09 PM
I'll pm you with everything i know. would you also like to use my truck and rifle?

albravo2
09-13-2018, 10:14 PM
Great post. I don't know why more people don't just ask. It really is the sensible thing to do. ;-)

Do you need my quad too?

Weatherby Fan
09-13-2018, 10:22 PM
Great post. I don't know why more people don't just ask. It really is the sensible thing to do. ;-)

Do you need my quad too?

Last time I had coffee with BB he was driving a Dodge so Ill just drive him up in a real truck......Ill throw in a sharp knife to so its easier to gut your deer for you !

Im just working out a position for my honey hole, its usually full of whoppers about now, Ill say 275 yard due south of your cabin Bernie, drive the truck in and wait for daylight !

Weatherby Fan
09-13-2018, 10:24 PM
I almost forgot do you need a MD tag ? you can just use mine neighbour !

Ohwildwon
09-13-2018, 11:58 PM
Just walk up hill til your far enough away from any building etc and shoot! :)

Luka77
09-14-2018, 06:15 AM
I am going hunting up there for any buck, I was hoping everyone would tell me all their honey holes, I don’t want to take away from partying at the cabin too much so all your top secret spots are appreciated. Actually in fact if you could also come up and gut and pack him out it’s worth a 6 pack and a high five! So do yourself a favour and help a brother out
So this was your plan. Now I know why I need to bring so much beer, hunting 1h partying the rest of the day. Can't wait for it. :)

pnbrock
09-14-2018, 06:24 AM
i find your honesty quite refreshing!! so tired of people beating around the bush .if you need a piggy back to a honey hole please feel free to ask..

Weatherby Fan
09-14-2018, 09:24 AM
Hey Bernie it’s all good buddy we’re having a go-fundme page set up for you as we speak......we want you to have a financially stress free hunting season......

tinhorse
09-14-2018, 09:42 AM
Tree stand locations and feed plot coordinates on the way. Trail is done but I will just widen it a little so when you take in albravo2's quad you don't need to worry about your hands on branches.

Salty
09-14-2018, 11:44 AM
The deer are all yarded up around private property at Loon lake. The lots are small on the lake so start off getting permission from 50 or 60 property owners and you should be GTG on a massive muley. Also I hear that Loon lake is now in region 2, check the regs.

Frank grimes
09-14-2018, 01:19 PM
Don’t forget grouse tags. Seen some trophy ones up that way

wideopenthrottle
09-14-2018, 02:53 PM
of the 4 muley 4 pointers I have bagged, the biggest one I have gotten was up on the plateau near loon lake...great big 3x4 with chocolate coloured antlers who was so exhausted from chasing does in the deep snow that when I finally caught up with him, the look he gave me was "go ahead please....shoot me!"...heheheh....shall I send you the rack so you don't have to waste money on bullets...

wideopenthrottle
09-14-2018, 03:01 PM
another story for loon lake.....was deep in the bush when I heard crows making a fuss so I went to look...found a muley buck (legal 4 point) with a tiny rack....it had been shot in the eye and had lived long enough for the socket and wound channel to fill with puss...it was cold enough that it had not started to smell too much so I cut the head off and left it under a log up on the plateau on the side of a small spur road (loon lake area) I figured I might pick it up the following hunting season but the next morning I went to show my hunting buddys and it was gone (must have been dragged off I guess).....

browningboy
09-14-2018, 10:29 PM
Well guys I do appreciate the go fund me page, could use a new fierce 30 nosler, but in all honesty just your honey holes are fine and stick around so you can pack it out for me, and for others i’ll Even let you skin it out just to make you feel part of the team! Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone “our” spots, even if I get an LEH!
Shit just sitting here thinking, if you guys do all that packing I’ll let you cook me dinner after too, I’ll mix the ryes!
All the best boys!

browningboy
09-14-2018, 10:33 PM
I almost forgot do you need a MD tag ? you can just use mine neighbour !

Don you’re a gentleman and a scholar! It’s a good start! :-)

Weatherby Fan
09-14-2018, 10:34 PM
Well guys I do appreciate the go fund me page, could use a new fierce 30 nosler, but in all honesty just your honey holes are fine and stick around so you can pack it out for me, and for others i’ll Even let you skin it out just to make you feel part of the team! Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone “our” spots, even if I get an LEH!
Shit just sitting here thinking, if you guys do all that packing I’ll let you cook me dinner after too, I’ll mix the ryes!
All the best boys!

Hey Im sorry buddy what kind of Rye do you like......shit I almost forgot :confused::mrgreen:

browningboy
09-14-2018, 10:35 PM
I'll pm you with everything i know. would you also like to use my truck and rifle?

depends on the truck, can’t be a wussy truck....

Do you need my quad too?

cant use the quad for hunting but keep it tuned up for me once they do allow them!

browningboy
09-14-2018, 10:36 PM
Hey Im sorry buddy what kind of Rye do you like......shit I almost forgot :confused::mrgreen:

Weisers sir! Lol

browningboy
09-14-2018, 10:39 PM
So this was your plan. Now I know why I need to bring so much beer, hunting 1h partying the rest of the day. Can't wait for it. :)

‘’That’s the way I roll Luka, people will be lining up to show us their spots and gut our deer! So yes lots of beer will be required!

browningboy
09-14-2018, 10:41 PM
Tree stand locations and feed plot coordinates on the way. Trail is done but I will just widen it a little so when you take in albravo2's quad you don't need to worry about your hands on branches.

well I’d really appreciate it if you widen it a bit before hand then also have a station half way up with hot coffee too! Be pretty rad

Weatherby Fan
09-14-2018, 10:42 PM
Weisers sir! Lol

10 or 25 year ? by the way last time I drank a bottle of Wisers I figured it was a good idea to drive to hope for breakfast in a 68 SD 396 Beaumont :oops:

I also got us some cool drinking glasses......
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j466/WeatherbyFan65/IMG_4959_zpspggrrtjo.jpg (http://s1087.photobucket.com/user/WeatherbyFan65/media/IMG_4959_zpspggrrtjo.jpg.html)

browningboy
09-14-2018, 10:43 PM
of the 4 muley 4 pointers I have bagged, the biggest one I have gotten was up on the plateau near loon lake...great big 3x4 with chocolate coloured antlers who was so exhausted from chasing does in the deep snow that when I finally caught up with him, the look he gave me was "go ahead please....shoot me!"...heheheh....shall I send you the rack so you don't have to waste money on bullets...

no rack necessary, but I do appreciate it! See the love HBC provides, makes one feel warm and fuzzy

browningboy
09-14-2018, 10:45 PM
10 or 25 year ?

I also got us some cool drinking glasses......
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j466/WeatherbyFan65/IMG_4959_zpspggrrtjo.jpg (http://s1087.photobucket.com/user/WeatherbyFan65/media/IMG_4959_zpspggrrtjo.jpg.html)

Don im not that picky am I? �� 25 will suffice for now, but nice glass though! ��

browningboy
09-14-2018, 10:48 PM
Well time to hit the hay, early flight to Dallas tomorrow, but for all you just make sure you have everything ready for early October for me, clean your trucks, sharpen your knives and he’ll bring a chariot too! Enjoy the weekend

Weatherby Fan
09-17-2018, 08:34 AM
Happy Birthday Bernie, since your out of town Ill have your cake and eat it for you to !!

Cheers
WF

browningboy
09-17-2018, 10:01 PM
Happy Birthday Bernie, since your out of town Ill have your cake and eat it for you to !!

Cheers
WF

thanks Don, still look forward to having a few whiskeys with you at Loon! Let me know when you’re headed up next