PDA

View Full Version : hide disposal lower mainland

foster
09-11-2018, 04:32 PM
if you dont dump in the bush dose anybody know where to get rid of hide . got a decent 4 point opening
brought it home and skinned . now i have a the remains to discard of . i know longer have property so my question to you fine folk is ,is there a land fill that will take it ? up north we always just dropped n the landfill

Steeleco
09-11-2018, 04:35 PM
I know someone that can make use of the hide, if you want to drop it off? As to the trim and bones, what I can't feed my dog either goes in the curbside green bin and the bigger items frozen till the next hunting trip.

Rieber
09-11-2018, 04:49 PM
Well that does bring up a great point that I would also like the answer to. Once I bring the deer home and get the hide, head, hooves and bones off what do I do with this stuff? Seems right to me but maybe something says I can't take it back up the woods for disposal. I wish I could utilize the hide but I'm not prepared to do that. Hope someone can provide this information. Thanks.

boxhitch
09-11-2018, 05:05 PM
Regular household garbage? Not like it is a carcass or such.
Where do the roast turkey bones go?

bcsteve
09-11-2018, 05:14 PM
Some people dump it off a side road up Sylvester....

j270wsm
09-11-2018, 05:31 PM
Don't think there is any law that says you can't put it in your garbage can.

itsy bitsy xj
09-11-2018, 05:32 PM
If you want you could drop off the hide at my place in Aldergrove and I can dump it in the back of the property (5 acres) and If you have any bones my dogs would luv them

foster
09-11-2018, 05:37 PM
thats great . i have two legs left with hide on them i am currently smoking the other two for the dogs . can i put the head with the hide ? what kind of beer do you drink for the hassle ?

Fella
09-11-2018, 05:55 PM
Roast the bones and use em to make bone broth

gutpile
09-11-2018, 09:52 PM
Dump by the fraser river

itsy bitsy xj
09-11-2018, 10:25 PM
thats great . i have two legs left with hide on them i am currently smoking the other two for the dogs . can i put the head with the hide ? what kind of beer do you drink for the hassle ?
no big deal
i'll just dig a deep hole a throw it all in

brig
09-11-2018, 10:29 PM
Net zero waste in Abbotsford on gladwin

Rieber
09-12-2018, 06:35 AM
Dump by the fraser river

No - I don't like that idea. Many of the General Public frown on Hunters as it is. I'm not going to do anything that could give reason for someone to try give Hunters a bad name. I like the idea of hiding in plain sight. Just mind my own business and don't give reason for anyone to point fingers.

And Yes, of course I know you were just messing with me on the Fraser Dump. Whow - suddenly, deja-vu. I feel I written this before.

poper
09-12-2018, 06:58 AM
Put it in your green bucket.

Piperdown
09-12-2018, 10:45 AM
Take it to your local green or ndp mla office and give it to them

whitlers
09-12-2018, 12:50 PM
I always skin out in the Bush never had to bring one home. I would assume black garbage bag and take it to the dump?

ElectricDyck
09-12-2018, 01:02 PM
I just throw it in the food waste..pick up guy either gets it or is freaked out when he gets to my house lol..from bear paws to salmon carcosses
..never had them turn it away.

Linksman313
09-12-2018, 02:09 PM
Dump by the fraser river

Just make sure to put a Nike sneaker on one hoof before you toss it in :p

Wild one
09-12-2018, 02:51 PM
Take it to the bush it gives the excuse for at least an afternoon hunt in a meh area

just put it out of sight

skibum
09-12-2018, 02:57 PM
Bag it well and throw it in the trash or just go for a little drive back to some bush and drop it off a few feet in off the road.

foster
09-12-2018, 06:01 PM
surrey transfer station won't take it. and i know i can always freeze it and take it back to the bush . but was more curious to know if there was a more convenient answer . where dose the butcher dispose of hides ?anybody know ?

russm
09-12-2018, 06:25 PM
Don’t bring it home to begin with, have a game bag or 2 to keep your meat clean and leave whatever you’re not going to use behind, chances are something will eat it that night anyway

Steeleco
09-12-2018, 06:56 PM
Put it in your green bucket.

Just checked the Langley site and bones and meat can be green bin recycled. The hide I would avoid but the rest is OK

Rieber
09-12-2018, 07:02 PM
Suddenly the thought of putting a black bear hide in the garbage car with front paws and head looking up and out of the can gives me a twisted grin on my face. That would almost be enough for me to stay home from work and wait/watch for the garbage man to open the garbage can lid :twisted:.

Can you imagine being on the receiving end of that prank?

I'm sure my garbage would be skipped for some time after that stunt.

Rieber
09-12-2018, 07:05 PM
Butcher probably has a deal going with someone who would process the hides.

Maybe they go to pig farms.

I also remember seeing signs at transfer stations stating no animal carcasses.

wos
09-12-2018, 07:28 PM
I had a problem last year when i put a few duck and goose carcass in my green bin. Apparently that is not acceptable. Wild game is not allowed. I had to remove them from the bin and turf them in the bush somewhere.

hoochie
09-16-2018, 08:59 PM
ok..
hold up a sec.
I was reading in the regs about the removal of edible portions of meat, and it talks int here about removing the hide.
pg 15, sec 37.
"of a fur bearing animal, other than a black bear, the hide must be removed to the person's normal dwelling place or to a meat cutter, the owner operator of a cold storage plant or a taxidermist".... or unless you give it to someone else.

So everything has to be brought home now?

whitlers
09-16-2018, 10:05 PM
ok..
hold up a sec.
I was reading in the regs about the removal of edible portions of meat, and it talks int here about removing the hide.
pg 15, sec 37.
"of a fur bearing animal, other than a black bear, the hide must be removed to the person's normal dwelling place or to a meat cutter, the owner operator of a cold storage plant or a taxidermist".... or unless you give it to someone else.

So everything has to be brought home now?

Deer are not considered a 'fur bearing' animal

hoochie
09-16-2018, 10:07 PM
Perfect.
thanks.