PDA

View Full Version : typical non typical

Forthright
09-04-2007, 11:39 PM
i have searched the forum and the synopsis and google, and come up empty handed, or half handed. maybe i didnt search enough, or the right area. i am wondering what the definition of typical and non typical is. and since we are here, mature and immature...to some its a no brainier, but for some its not (me). i mean i can venture a guess to what each would be, but i want to be sure. maybe it is as easy as i would think it to be.

thanks for taking the time on these questions.

steve

Gateholio
09-04-2007, 11:55 PM
As far as the regulations goes, typical and non typical are irrelevant.

They want to count points.

Fisher-Dude
09-05-2007, 05:06 AM
As far as non-typical is concerned in scoring, of say a mule deer, it's a rack having at least 20 scorable inches of antler that is in addition to a basic 4 point frame. So, if the rack has two 10 inch drop tines, for example, it would qualify as a non-typical in scoring.

ROY-alty33
09-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Non Typical
http://www.wild-roseelkranch.com/welcome/images/ha_muledeer3.jpg

Typical
http://blog.kingsoutdoorworld.com/wp-content/MT-recordmulie.jpg

MIL720
09-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Great answer Roy.Two beautiful mulies.

Forthright
09-05-2007, 04:46 PM
well how about that... good thing i asked....as for drop tines, going with gatehouse's reply and what fisher stated ''in addition to the 4 point frame" i can take that to mean that drop tines are NOT countable points?

thanks for the pics and the replys.

Wild Will
09-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Drop tines do count for the hunting regulations. Remember, they are not interested in whether the animal is typical or not, just the number of points.

Will
09-06-2007, 06:19 PM
well how about that... good thing i asked....as for drop tines, going with gatehouse's reply and what fisher stated ''in addition to the 4 point frame" i can take that to mean that drop tines are NOT countable points?
Yes as suggested, ANY "tine" longer then 1" will do...except for the brow tines on Muleys.....which do not count as a point by the regs. :grin:

BC REGS....

Mule (Black-tailed) Deer

- Four Points or Greater Buck

-means any buck having at

least four tines, excluding the brow tine, on
one antler.

White-tailed Deer

- Four Points or Greater Buck

-means any buck having at

least four tines, including the brow tine, on
one antler.