PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 mules kamloops area?

Timber Wolf
09-09-2018, 09:10 AM
Hey I'm headed to kamloops area in oct for mules and was wondering if anyone could give me some info on the area? This will be my first mule hunt in region 3. I would love all the help I can get on the area.

Cheers Mike

BigfishCanada
09-09-2018, 09:24 AM
Well you will need to work hard to find them, i find this year is the lowest amount of deer i am seeing other than when i find where they are bedding. Lots more wolves and predators around. In 10 years id say lowest doe count i have seen this time a year, but we still got one in the freezer already. I would say Tunkwa lake area has the best chance, whities and mules

Weatherby Fan
09-09-2018, 10:05 AM
Just search Kamloops Deer Hunting on HBC and there's more info than you'll be able to digest on the Kamloops area by the time Oct rolls around.

boxhitch
09-09-2018, 10:41 AM
Or get a translator and ask Jelvis

RyoTHC
09-09-2018, 11:00 AM
Well you will need to work hard to find them, i find this year is the lowest amount of deer i am seeing other than when i find where they are bedding. Lots more wolves and predators around. In 10 years id say lowest doe count i have seen this time a year, but we still got one in the freezer already. I would say Tunkwa lake area has the best chance, whities and mules

I'll second that.. strange season, mind you I've only seen the last 3 seasons, this is lowest by far.. maybe it's time to rethink all the mule deer doe draws.

hoochie
09-09-2018, 11:36 AM
I thought of Jelvis right away too.
I was out for an afternoon..
saw 10 or more grouse, a bear, 2 different groups of deer ( 8 total?) and a coyote. All between 13:00 and 18:00
Didnt see a WT though.. thats what I was looking for.

Bugle M In
09-09-2018, 11:37 AM
hmmm, I seen the most I have in years?
Counted 30 (not the same ones, honestly) in a 6hr period walking from one corner at the bottom of a hillside to the top of the
other end!
Actually saw no wolf sign this past season s compared to the last 5 or so where I did.
I think the wolves are around, but, they move around, and if so, and you see wolf sign, chances are you will probably see lower counts of deer, imo.
Then you throw in the fire last year, and well, maybe that "helped my count" as I may have hit the "pocket" they went to because of the fire??….who knows, but last season was one of my best counts for me, just sayin.

Liveforthehunt
09-09-2018, 12:16 PM
I would have to agree with Bugle M In last year I thought numbers were down and this year we have 2 in the freezer already and in the 3 times I have been out big numbers compared to last year and plenty of fawns . One fair example went out Friday evening with the bow and saw 27 deer 7 of those were bucks and 3 sets of twins with only a few dry Does.

Jelvis
09-09-2018, 12:23 PM
Liveforthehunt -- good report also, I'm thinking you got a good set of eyes there hunter! You know what and where to look for it, and the time too.
Jelly -- X post by Liveforthehunt folks! Let's hear it!

butcher
09-09-2018, 01:12 PM
Or get a translator and ask Jelvis

Haha! God dang. Spot on sir.

silvertipp
09-09-2018, 05:25 PM
Hell I'd go up to Skull in 3-28
Good place to hunt with jelvis on his quad:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Jelvis
09-09-2018, 05:33 PM
I don't use a quad anywhere, never will, too old for that stuff.
If you go to skull there are horse trails and a camp there - you can walk the trails and hunt using optics and a good rifle or creep around with a bow.
-- If you like walikn along, seeing mule deer country, then Reg 3 near Kammy has got all a deer hunter could possibly dream of.
Jel -- Hey jist sayin, you like deer hunting? Then no excuse for you or anyone else --

RyoTHC
09-09-2018, 05:36 PM
I would have to agree with Bugle M In last year I thought numbers were down and this year we have 2 in the freezer already and in the 3 times I have been out big numbers compared to last year and plenty of fawns . One fair example went out Friday evening with the bow and saw 27 deer 7 of those were bucks and 3 sets of twins with only a few dry Does.

Congrats on the success so far ! I'm glad to hear positive posts from other areas. I am really close to bigfishcanada so it's no surprise our findings are similar. I wouldn't be surprised if we hunted some of the same areas.