PDA

View Full Version : Spring bear /fall bear transition?

Darris doois
09-08-2018, 09:21 PM
Going to put up my cams tomorrow. Gonna bring along my rifle. Bear is open but at what point would you consider them fall bear vs spring bear. Not to interested in a super fatty bear. Never really hunted bear before, but had some bear pepperoni and now i want some . Lol

srupp
09-08-2018, 09:27 PM
Hmm spring is april till june..
Fall is Sept till end of oct..ish..
Rain..plus frost..have had a bit of frost but not enough to concentrate the sugars in the berries..but the bears are now on the berries..most concentrated fuel other than carrion or salmon. .
Steven

Wild one
09-08-2018, 09:28 PM
You will be hunting fall bear and yes they will have lots of fat now. The fat can be trimmed off and you can actually render it for baking

both spring and fall bears are good I like lean spring bears but a fall bear feeding on berries can be the best

Darris doois
09-08-2018, 09:35 PM
K. Thanks . I no the dates of spring / fall but want sure if they started really packing it on yet

Just
09-09-2018, 06:22 AM
Going to put up my cams tomorrow. Gonna bring along my rifle. Bear is open but at what point would you consider them fall bear vs spring bear. Not to interested in a super fatty bear. Never really hunted bear before, but had some bear pepperoni and now i want some . Lol

I went out last weekend and took a fall bear. Lots of fat on him!