PDA

View Full Version : Chukar/ grouse hunting

sealskinner
09-06-2018, 11:13 PM
Looking for anyone who might like to get out for some early birds when the season opens upon the 10th. I have a young dog who might point them or might bust them up. Looking at Kamloops to cache creek area.

Blockcaver
09-07-2018, 10:24 AM
Be aware that Chukar opens Oct 1. Grouse opens on Sept 10 for all but one unit....3-46 is Sept 20. Good luck!

PonLo
08-16-2019, 10:18 PM
Hello sealskinner, did you go chukar hunting last year around Kamloops. How did it go?
I am looking to go this season, I really like hunting these birds. I live in Kelowna, and I do not have dog for now.
Cheers!

Mixter
08-17-2019, 12:42 PM
I’m new to the kelowna area and looking at doing some grouse hunting if you are looking for a partner ponli

Steelpulse
08-18-2019, 07:37 AM
Grouse everywhere between there. Careful not to shoot a sharp tail. We do on occasion see them amongst the chukars. Bring boots for the dogs. Where there’s chukar there’s a lot of cactus. See you in the field we always get out for a couple chukar hunts. Craziest upland hunt there is

Bugle M In
08-18-2019, 01:24 PM
Came across them for the first time a couple years ago around Kammy.
Worse, the season was open and me with nothing smaller than the 270.
Must have been 20 of them.
Always something I wanted to hunt.
Caught me totally by surprise.

Don't think there was any cactus around, just the typical Sage brush and grassland you see why driving along the highways.

Amphibious
08-19-2019, 02:00 PM
Craziest upland hunt there is

Second only to Mearns ;)

Going to have a crack at Chukar for the first time this year. Will see how it goes.