PDA

View Full Version : Who uses the mystery ranch quick draw sling?

Bustercluck
09-04-2018, 06:51 PM
I recently purchased the quick draw rifle sling, but can't figure out how to keep the rifle on my shoulder. It seems like these things are hit and miss. They either work or they don't. If I lean a little bit to the side the rifle slides right off. If anybody knows a secret on how to make these work I'd like to hear it before I return it to rampart.

I contacted mystery ranch and they weren't very helpful. They recognized that the sling doesn't work for everybody and sent me the same PDF from their website for fitting.

Wentrot
09-04-2018, 07:40 PM
Kifaru gunbearer my friend.

nedarb2
09-04-2018, 07:55 PM
I bought it and same thing. Fine for walking on a gravel road. No good for hiking. I took it sheep hunting last year when I first got it. I hung it up on a tree 15 minutes into the first day and picked it up on the way out. Hasn’t been used since

Squamch
09-04-2018, 09:11 PM

This is the move right here.

Asco
09-04-2018, 09:18 PM
I sewed my own version of the gunbearer to work on my pack. Won’t use a sling unless I’m carrying just bino harness ”front pack” and a gun for 1000m or less “look-see” hunting off roads.

Bustercluck
09-04-2018, 09:34 PM
Do you order kifaru off of their site or is there a Canadian distributor?

TylerMc44
09-04-2018, 11:05 PM
The hip piece has to be all the way back. Then tighten chest strap after you clip the quick draw together. I use mine lots and it works slick. The chest strap has to be tight though.

Wentrot
09-05-2018, 06:30 AM
Do you order kifaru off of their site or is there a Canadian distributor?

I ordered directly from Kifaru.

Mark-R
09-05-2018, 10:58 AM
This is the move right here.

Kifaru gun bearer here too.
Hike and scramble anywhere using trecking poles. I still hunted both my deer last season and came face to face at 20 yards for both.
The strap goes zip, scope shield off and boom within a few seconds.
The only minor draw back is after hiking many many miles, my gun stock rubs a bit on my pack's waist belt and has rubbed a bit of the finish off the stock.
Your fit may differ.

Asco
09-05-2018, 11:20 AM
Hey gunbearer fans: if you are going to hike a lot/ pack out and don’t have any the gun in front of your arm/ shoulder, make a second clip and attach it to where your shoulder strap attaches to your pack. This way you can put the gun more out of the way and it rides where it would on a regular shoulder strap behind your shoulder. A little slower to get it out, but a super comfortable place to carry. When you get close to hunting you can just use the front top retainer strap again. Having the wight of the gun on your hips is way better than on your shoulder.

banapplenges
09-05-2018, 12:56 PM
The hip piece has to be all the way back. Then tighten chest strap after you clip the quick draw together. I use mine lots and it works slick. The chest strap has to be tight though.

What he said. I do the same thing. Can jump up and down, shake side to side and unless I lean right over on my right side, the gun stays put.

brn2ryd
09-06-2018, 09:31 AM
Glad I ran into this post. I have been looking for the Mystery Ranch quick draw but it's always out of stock. Sounds like Kifaru might be the way to go.

tyyota
09-06-2018, 12:21 PM

Probably the best single piece of gear I have!

Bustercluck
09-06-2018, 01:31 PM
Glad I ran into this post. I have been looking for the Mystery Ranch quick draw but it's always out of stock. Sounds like Kifaru might be the way to go.
They probably quit making them because they're dogsh*t.

Bustercluck
09-06-2018, 01:36 PM
Which length of waist belt wrap did u guys buy with the gun bearer? Does the rifle still sit in the same place with the short and long? It would help if their website had a couple of detailed pics. It's going on a Marshall.

huntcoop
09-06-2018, 06:34 PM
Hey gunbearer fans: if you are going to hike a lot/ pack out and don’t have any the gun in front of your arm/ shoulder, make a second clip and attach it to where your shoulder strap attaches to your pack. This way you can put the gun more out of the way and it rides where it would on a regular shoulder strap behind your shoulder. A little slower to get it out, but a super comfortable place to carry. When you get close to hunting you can just use the front top retainer strap again. Having the wight of the gun on your hips is way better than on your shoulder.

How ‘bout some pix of your setup...