PDA

View Full Version : ATV acess north west of Dease Lake

woodland2014
09-02-2018, 10:18 PM
Would anyone know if there is any Atv access trails north west of Dease Lake that would take you up to the alpine areas. Or any trails that can take you towards the Kawdy plateau. We are looking for a friend that is handicap that wants to hunt for caribou. Any info very much appreciated.

poketrokit
09-03-2018, 12:08 AM
All hunting is closed up there until further notice. Major wild fires still burning all around up there including one that is now over 119,000 hectares. Should be an update on the BCWF website regarding the closing of all hunting in the Tahltan nation.

Skull Hunter
09-03-2018, 09:19 AM
All hunting is closed up there until further notice. Major wild fires still burning all around up there including one that is now over 119,000 hectares. Should be an update on the BCWF website regarding the closing of all hunting in the Tahltan nation.

Don't believe this... There is no official closure at the moment that I'm aware of. The Tahltan Central Government is asking hunters to stay away from their area as a result of the fires, and the pressure put on the wildlife due to the fires. The BC government however has not issued any closers as far as I know.

Your best bet would be to head up in the Cassiar area. There are a few spur roads that head up into the alpine there, although I cannot remember the names of them. Be sure to check the regs for elevation restrictions.