PDA

View Full Version : Amateur Lake/River Fishing Around Lillooet

Eva_Hunts
09-02-2018, 02:11 PM
Hi,
I'll be out fishing for some meals and looking for tips on fishing the small rivers and river mouths pouring into Carpenter or Seton lake? Should i try live bait or lures? And if so, any suggestions? I've heard that crocodile and coho spoons might work.

Any tips would be great!

Thanks

NeilG
09-02-2018, 02:58 PM
I have not fished Seton but i have fished carpenter lake lots. I have had great success with Zappers (sold at Spud Valley in Pemberton) on light spinning rods. It's all i use there. Slays the Rainbows. Pick anywhere there is an inflow and you can't go wrong.

NeilG
09-02-2018, 03:09 PM
Oh and on a side note using live bait is illegal province wide is it not?

Ferenc
09-02-2018, 04:09 PM
The spoons work awesome the closer you are to the penstocks where the water is agitated up is the ticket.. : )

happyhunter
09-02-2018, 04:38 PM

No it's not. You only need to open the regs to find that out

Wild one
09-02-2018, 08:18 PM

Don’t know where you heard this but it’s 100% only some waters have bait ban

for the op panthermartins and blue fox spinners work well at times

NeilG
09-02-2018, 10:34 PM
It is unawful to: "Have any live fish in your possession in the wild, or move any live fish or live aquatic inverterbrates around the province or transplant them into any waters in BC.Do not keep angled fish alive in a "livewell" or other device or on stringers AND NEVER USE LIVE FISH AS BAIT or release your aquarium fish into the wild."

Straight out of the regs. What am i missing?

Liveforthehunt
09-02-2018, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE=NeilG;2031062]It is unawful to: "Have any live fish in your possession in the wild, or move any live fish or live aquatic inverterbrates around the province or transplant them into any waters in BC.Do not keep angled fish alive in a "livewell" or other device or on stringers AND NEVER USE LIVE FISH AS BAIT or release your aquarium fish into the wild."

Straight out of the regs. What am i
... it says yes you cannot use live FISH as bait or live aquatic invertebrates to abbreviate ... you can use worms etc as long as they are not a fish or native to the water species. Not understanding is part of the reasons a few lakes have been killed off locally for invasive species and the same thing will happen with the mussels if more people aren't diligent. Your missing the few and only regulations you posted?

NChunter
09-02-2018, 11:03 PM
It is unawful to: "Have any live fish in your possession in the wild, or move any live fish or live aquatic inverterbrates around the province or transplant them into any waters in BC.Do not keep angled fish alive in a "livewell" or other device or on stringers AND NEVER USE LIVE FISH AS BAIT or release your aquarium fish into the wild."

worms are a pretty common type of live bait

NeilG
09-02-2018, 11:17 PM
Fair enough. I've only ever associated the term "live bait" with smaller bait fish (such as fishing for muskies) but i stand corrected.

ACB
09-02-2018, 11:23 PM

How about a live GRASS HOPPER?

Boner
09-03-2018, 06:56 AM
If you’re that far in the bush try Mowson and Pearson Ponds. You’d be pleasantly surprised about what comes out of those little lakes.

Eva_Hunts
09-03-2018, 11:48 AM
You guys are awesome, thanks!

BRvalley
09-03-2018, 12:54 PM
the stretch below the bridge in Gold Bridge is good for bull trout, the mouth of gun creek into carpenter as well, nice little rec site there....as mentionedd mowson and pearson are worth visiting, be careful if wading the shoreline of pearson, there are some real soft spots that can be hard to get out of if alone! lol

pioneer paul in town usually has worms, shrimp and cured roe

paulo
09-20-2018, 01:56 PM
Pioneer Paul is still in Kamloops recovering from a stroke. Don't know who if any is minding the shop.

BRvalley
09-20-2018, 01:58 PM
yes I heard that over the weekend, wasn't aware, I last saw him over may long weekend...I hope he's recovering well

Jack Russell
09-20-2018, 02:14 PM

You are not missing anything. You are bang on. No live finfish for bait in any freshwater

KevB
09-20-2018, 03:08 PM
Friend has a cabin on seton lake so I have fished it a decent amount. Its definitely not the best lake in the area to fish but if you're already there its worth a try. All of my experience is down at the seton portage end of the lake and have had success from shore at the river mouth and around the bc hydro plant with small spoons and spinners and float fishing worms