PDA

View Full Version : Alpine advice

Phil
09-03-2007, 06:56 PM
I am interested in doing a hike-in alpine hunt for mule deer. What managment unit(s) are best for this? Any advice on a starting point for a hunt would be greatly appreciated. I am not interested in honey hole secrets just some general advice. PM me if necessary. Thank you in advance for your help.

Phil
09-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Anyone? Help a fellow hunter out:D

Kirby
09-04-2007, 01:36 PM
If your serious about the alpine trip this year your getting late already. The longer you wait the more likely you'll get snow/rough weather.

As to good regions, play around on Google earth, or www.openmaps.gov.bc.ca (http://www.openmaps.gov.bc.ca) Region 8 has some(Tulameen area), region 3 has some(adams/Thompson/shuswap), region 5, region 4, most areas that are in the alpine will hold a buck or two, just locating honey holes thats hard.

Your also asking for advice at a time when most of the alpine hunters are still in the alpine.

Kirby

rollingrock
09-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Kirby, how come you didn't go high up this year? I was waiting for your trip report! :D

ASPEN
09-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Phil. p.m. sent!

Kirby
09-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Kirby, how come you didn't go high up this year? I was waiting for your trip report! :D

Work got in the way, I head out in a couple of days. Openners are always bad for me, get snowed on rained on, or something else, going in later this year and hope to get a break on the weather:D.

Kirby

rollingrock
09-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Oh well, the temperature is below historical average right now anyways. A break is on the way...:wink:if my guess is correct.

Phil
09-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Lots of great tips coming through PMs too. Thanks to all those who responded. More tips welcome.