PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver Island Advice

bennya
08-29-2018, 09:26 PM
Hey everyone

My wife and I recently moved to the Island (Qualicum Beach) and are looking for some advice on where to go to get started waterfowl hunting. Probably looking for either areas where a boat works (or maybe field) as I am a paraplegic and can't wade around anymore. Even if you're not sure it would be great to get a few ideas to get going.

Really appreciate any advice
Thanks
Ben

IslandWanderer
08-29-2018, 10:24 PM
Welcome to the island. I live in Vic, but wish I lived up-Island in Qualicum, Parksville, CR. I don’t hunt waterfowl, but if you are into Grouse there tonnes of them sitting on the side of logging roads.

bennya
09-06-2018, 03:44 PM
Thanks! Will definitely be out wandering around

duckhunter1488
09-08-2018, 11:16 AM
I am new to the island as well..so welcome! I am also a waterfowler and am still trying to work out where the ticket is to do some duck hunting over here!

PressurePoint
09-11-2018, 07:17 PM
Super difficult. Unless u have permission from a farmer which is near next to impossible to get (which I don’t blame them) it’s difficult as lots of residents congregate around public land areas....also, the resident birds learn really quick and get sketched out easily. A boat opens up lots of options tho.

bennya
09-14-2018, 08:52 PM
Without giving up any honey holes, any general suggestions for places to get started with a boat?

Foxton Gundogs
09-15-2018, 11:33 AM
Check out the estuaries those are your best bet.

BStrachan
09-22-2018, 08:21 PM
Welcome to the Island. If you head to Nanaimo fo in to Cedar and just turn left down reins road. Follow the road to the end. I havent been there yet myself so not too sure about it being wheel chair accessible or the use of the boat?
If I make it down that way these days off I'll let you know what I find!

bennya
09-30-2018, 10:13 AM
Thanks - I will head down and have a look too. Appreciate the help