PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 Black Bear turf

Ard
08-22-2018, 03:47 PM
I apologize in advance if this belongs in the rookie section. Definitely a rookie question but I'm hoping this will be a discussion for everyone so I brought it here.

I'm a new hunter and I have a spot in mind that I think could be a good net for Black Bear. It's a closed FSR near Chilliwack. It's not a heavily hunted (I don't think) but I did run into one gentleman on the side of the road who had just blown a tire after hunting that way.

My question is: What should I (or what would you) look for to determine whether it's a worthwhile spot to spend some time this season? (Other than, you know, bears)

I've found a wealth of information on black bear food sources etc. but I'm having some trouble sifting through and figuring out what's relevant to me. I'm hoping some of you have some experiencebeither with Region 2 Black Bear or scouting new FSRs without any real lead.

Fella
08-22-2018, 03:49 PM
Poo. Look for poo.

derker
08-22-2018, 07:38 PM
Get the book 'the ultimate guide to black bear hunting' by Douglas Boze. Its on amazon.

Blainer
08-22-2018, 08:15 PM
As indicated, walk it, no poo=no bear
look at area’s that contain feed, berries, ect
no poo=no bear

DDD
08-22-2018, 08:37 PM
If I were looking for a fall bear in the Chwk R Valley I'd stick to areas with blueberries.
There's plenty of area higher up with berries in late Sept. but that's just my opinion though.

d