PDA

View Full Version : Road Closures 6-24?

bcairo
08-21-2018, 09:07 AM
Anyone have any information on road closures in Area 6-24? Last year there were a number of roads closed off HWY 37 by the Good Hope/Dease FN and wondering if anything has changed?

Avalanche123
08-21-2018, 12:35 PM
http://tahltan.org/tahltan-central-government-requests-immediate-hunting-ban-throughout-tahltan-territory/

REMINGTON JIM
08-21-2018, 02:02 PM
Tahltan Central Government Requests Immediate Hunting Ban Throughout Tahltan Territory

WHO ???? :shock: RJ

Cat catcher
08-21-2018, 03:35 PM
I would suggest read the new regs there is lots of changes up here this year.

Avalanche123
08-21-2018, 05:35 PM
I would suggest read the new regs there is lots of changes up here this year.

LOL...read the press release...it has nothing to do with the new regs. They won't be applicable because the season may be closed.

Deadshot
08-21-2018, 09:07 PM
I guess the reg changes weren't restrictive enough for the locals.
The fire BS worked down south so I guess they'll give it a go up there.
Still lots of unburned hunting areas for EVERYONE!

Cat catcher
08-21-2018, 09:32 PM
I agree lots of area,

boxhitch
08-21-2018, 11:12 PM
"The Tahltan Central Government is concerned about the safety of all hunters and is respectfully asking resident hunters and others to refrain from hunting
throughout Tahltan territory until such time as the state of emergency has been lifted, the fires are contained and the damaged to
the region's wildlife can be properly assessed. Many of the local Tahltan families and hunters will refrain from hunting and are encouraging others to do the same.
The Tahltan homelands encompass WMU 6-19 to 26 and 7-52"

"President Day's letter to the province states : The Tahltan Nation is requesting that the Province support our position by formalizing a temporary hunting ban with the Tahltan territory for this hunting season "

elknut
08-22-2018, 01:21 PM
So what do they want ?....A complete hunting ban in thousands of square kms?...I understand around Telegraph creek and an area around Lower Post but what about the rest of the area ?...Its huge ...This closure is just BS....What about all the flyin hunts ..for sheep caribou and moose ?...Respect the burned areas but the rest should stay open!....Dennis

Cat catcher
08-22-2018, 04:36 PM
I don’t think the ban is in effect is it? It’s just a request.