PDA

View Full Version : leh forum

stickbow
09-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Well just got back from the leh discussion in Chilliwack and I've got to tell ya that the turn out numbers were pathetic.There was 14 in the am group and 5 in my early afternoon group and for the last group looked to be 5 or 6.Seems to me I hear more than 25 people complaining about leh.Come on guys /gals you either got to put up or shut up.I hope the next areas see more particapation then we had here.Oh well on a good note in my group of 5 there were a lot of good ideas,concerns and recomendations brought up.Lets hope they make it to the right ears.

Brambles
09-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Maybe they would have better turnouts if they DIDN'T schedule it during HUNTING SEASON......

stickbow
09-02-2007, 05:45 PM
True,but any time the Government is willing to listen to ya it should be top priority,it does'nt happen everyday.

Radar
09-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Sorry, wanted to make it but just got back from taking my daughter out for YS. Only chance we get is this weekend as it's back to school on Tuesday....

newhunterette
09-02-2007, 06:04 PM
had all the right and good intentions to go to Chilliwack today to be at the LEH forum but unfortunatley certain circumstances took over the days plan - be nice to hear about what went on from those who were able to attend

Ali

Tonto
09-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Hey stickbow, I was at the forum with you today (Garett)
Im assuming by your handle that you were the other youngster there....LOL
Overall it was a good two hours. It turned out to be them (Jesse, the speaker) looking for input from us more than just letting us know what was going to be happening.

He (Jesse) is on contract to the Wildlife branch to collect data and file a report regarding the outdated LEH system, which was first inacted 30yrs ago without any real change to date, despite a dramatic DECREASE in hunters and an increase in most game (due to mgt. by such means as the LEH)

Jesse has until December to complete his info gathering, conduct a survey
amoungst hunters and compile a report.
Changes to the system MAY be coming after that...

It was good to see that they are at least looking at the issue.

One of the key points that i took away from it though was that hunters numbers are decreasing (85,000 resident hunters # now compared to 145,000 25 yrs ago)
If the trend continues and we as hunters dont stand up for ourselves then we will soon find that we no longer have a strong voice and may lose our rights.

As the saying goes..."take a kid hunting"....it may just save our pastime.

FullDraw
09-03-2007, 01:37 PM
I went to the AM meeting was also a little let down with the low turn out.
Thought it was good, was interesting to see how other areas run there draws and the up's and downs to them. Also was shocked to see the number of people that did not use the LEH draws they had won and the low number of animals harvested with the LEH.

F/D